[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Staircase  (Read 1472 times)

wadesworld

• All American
The Staircase
« on: June 17, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »
Anybody watching what is all the rage on Netflix?  I'm 7 episodes in.  I'll obviously watch the rest of it, but not sure what all the rage is about.  Pretty slow moving in my opinion.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

T-Bone

• All American
Re: The Staircase
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
About 4 episodes in.
I like it, but forget about it.
Kind of like Making a Murderer, but with white collar folk.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »
Just finished. Didn’t think it was anywhere close to worth the hype. Boring, especially the last 3 or 4 episodes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:33:32 AM »
Thanks for the advice, Wades. I was planning on watching it but I think it heads to the bottom of the list now.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 04:58:28 AM »
Watched a couple episodes at a time over a few week period.

I guess anything "real" is boring these days, because it was about as wild of a story as it gets.

After watching the last episode, pretty sure I still don't like the guy (!), but that really played a back seat IMO compared to the unique nature of it and the time passage, as well as other various elements (injustices, revelations). I won't get any deeper to avoid spoiling it.

To keep things interesting, you could instead watch the new marijuana cooking show, then do some "cooking", and then watch Yu-Gi-Oh. Or whichever order you like.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 06:51:32 AM »
Watched a couple episodes at a time over a few week period.

I guess anything "real" is boring these days, because it was about as wild of a story as it gets.

After watching the last episode, pretty sure I still don't like the guy (!), but that really played a back seat IMO compared to the unique nature of it and the time passage, as well as other various elements (injustices, revelations). I won't get any deeper to avoid spoiling it.

To keep things interesting, you could instead watch the new marijuana cooking show, then do some "cooking", and then watch Yu-Gi-Oh. Or whichever order you like.

You could just Google the case, read a couple articles in a half hour, and have every bit of the interesting information from the documentary you need without sitting through 13 hours of boring, slow interviews.

It’s an interesting story. The documentary was not an interesting watch.

Compared to Making a Murderer where the story and the documentary were both very interesting.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
You could just Google the case, read a couple articles in a half hour, and have every bit of the interesting information from the documentary you need without sitting through 13 hours of boring, slow interviews.

It’s an interesting story. The documentary was not an interesting watch.

Compared to Making a Murderer where the story and the documentary were both very interesting.

I think the assumption here is that someone watching (or deciding to watch) either documentary series likely knows nothing about them beforehand.

Obviously, Making a Murderer will be a significantly more interesting watch for those that live in WI or have a lot of history there. Though I'd imagine if you're from that exact area (Manitowoc/Sheboygan/GB/etc) and are old enough, you probably caught a bunch of it on the local news.