collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2018 NBA Draft  (Read 16944 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2018 NBA Draft
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
Jerome Robinson is going to end up being a lottery pick.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »
The Bucks should find out who the Spurs like at 18 and take them at 17.  ;D

#thecardinalsway

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
The Bucks should find out who the Spurs like at 18 and take them at 17.  ;D

I am intrigued by Okobo, the French PG. I like Huerter for his shooting. The rest of the prospects in the Bucks range are meh.

But most importantly, anybody but Mitchell Robinson.  Strikes me as a total flake.

He's LARRY SANDERS part 2

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »
Will Chandler Parsons ever be healthy?  While obviously a bad contract, if he could be 80% of what he was for the Rockets/Mavs I'd gladly take his contract to get #4.  I'd love Bamba at 4 and would let Jabari walk if the Bucks could find a way to clear some cap space to take on Parsons's bad contract for 2 years.  He'd be one of the better shooters on the Bucks, sadly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:19 AM »
Just based on what I saw of him in his one season at Texas, Bamba seemed like an even-worse-shooting version of Mutombo. Shotblockers who can't shoot a lick are out of vogue in the NBA.

But maybe I'm wrong and Shaka didn't let him show his offensive game. I guess we'll see soon enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 06:52:17 AM »
Porter might be this generation's Bowie/Oden, I'd stay far away from him.

I'd avoid him in the top-2, but if he gets to 7, he could be an absolute steal. Definitely a boom or bust pick, but once you get past Ayton and Doncic, I'm not sure anyone is a sure thing.

That includes Bagley, who I think will put up numbers but I'm not sure is a franchise changing player like Porter could be. I could see Bagley being one of those great fantasy players, monster numbers on bad teams, for a long time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 07:03:53 AM »
Just based on what I saw of him in his one season at Texas, Bamba seemed like an even-worse-shooting version of Mutombo. Shotblockers who can't shoot a lick are out of vogue in the NBA.

But maybe I'm wrong and Shaka didn't let him show his offensive game. I guess we'll see soon enough.

The hope would be Bamba becomes Rudy Gobert.  He might be Hasheem Thabeet because the draft can be a crapshoot.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 07:13:44 AM »
The hope would be Bamba becomes Rudy Gobert.  He might be Hasheem Thabeet because the draft can be a crapshoot.

I see Bamba more like Clint Capela, rim running, shot blocking big.  But guys like CC couldn't stay on the floor during crunch time (at least in the playoffs) in the modern NBA because of small ball, and the fact these guys lack the lateral quickness to keep up when teams play smaller guys @ the five.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
I see Bamba more like Clint Capela, rim running, shot blocking big.  But guys like CC couldn't stay on the floor during crunch time (at least in the playoffs) in the modern NBA because of small ball, and the fact these guys lack the lateral quickness to keep up when teams play smaller guys @ the five.

I was comparing defensive impact more than offense. Capela is a nice comp for offense.

Bamba did hit a handful of 3s last year.  Still has a really long way to go as a shooter but it's a start.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
If Porter Jr. is healthy, he could be far and away the best player in the draft. If his back isn't healthy, he could be a out of the league in 2-3 years.

He could drop after the news about him potentially sitting out his first season due to his health, but I can't see him slipping past the Clippers who have picks #12 and 13.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »
I will be waiting breathlessly for my name to be called, as I do every year. Just need that one chance.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
If Porter Jr. is healthy, he could be far and away the best player in the draft. If his back isn't healthy, he could be a out of the league in 2-3 years.

He could drop after the news about him potentially sitting out his first season due to his health, but I can't see him slipping past the Clippers who have picks #12 and 13.

Completely fine with the Bulls taking a chance on the upside if he is there. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »

Bamba's speed and agility numbers are insane though.  He's raw, but I think he's more of an athletic anomaly like Embiid than he is a gangly shot blocker with coordination issues like a Thabeet.  And to go off Lazar's point, videos of him shooting 3s this offseason show that he has potentially a very workable shot.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 07:09:09 PM »
Will Chandler Parsons ever be healthy?  While obviously a bad contract, if he could be 80% of what he was for the Rockets/Mavs I'd gladly take his contract to get #4.  I'd love Bamba at 4 and would let Jabari walk if the Bucks could find a way to clear some cap space to take on Parsons's bad contract for 2 years.  He'd be one of the better shooters on the Bucks, sadly.
Less than 8pts per game...23mil per year ...two years left at this pay rate....seriously?

Next to my Rockets saddled with 20 mill per year for one dimensional Ryan Anderson (we cant get anyone to take him in a trade, durn it)...Chandler is the definition of an overpriced under production albatross contract in the NBA.

Chandler is not a spot up three shooter(like Anderson)..his best play is slashing to basket in a motion offense...which he no longer can explode to because of his knee. You want the Bucks to waste 46 mil over this year and next for this guy?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
Less than 8pts per game...23mil per year ...two years left at this pay rate....seriously?

Next to my Rockets saddled with 20 mill per year for one dimensional Ryan Anderson (we cant get anyone to take him in a trade, durn it)...Chandler is the definition of an overpriced under production albatross contract in the NBA.

Chandler is not a spot up three shooter(like Anderson)..his best play is slashing to basket in a motion offense...which he no longer can explode to because of his knee. You want the Bucks to waste 46 mil over this year and next for this guy?

To bring in Bamba or Doncic?  Yes.

Less than 8 points per game...in 36 games.

He's a career 38% 3 point shooter.  Not a total sniper, but better than most on the Bucks.

He was a stud in Houston and Dallas.  If he can get close to healthy he can be a contributing piece to the Bucks and if it brings back a top 4 pick in this draft, yes I'm taking him even as an overpriced player for the next 2 years.

There are about 3 teams in the NBA that have a chance at a title in the next 2 seasons.  The Warriors, the Rockets, and the Celtics.  If you can land Doncic or Bamba, you have a ton of money coming off the books the year Parsons' contract would expire and you can extend Middleton, Brogdon, Giannis, and find supporting players that actually fit around those three.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
I believe Chandler Parsons will be a Bull soon.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
When y'all think Ners will get drafted?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 10:09:32 PM »
I believe Chandler Parsons will be a Bull soon.

Just a hunch?  So they take on his contract and give up what else to move to 4 in this scenario?  And are they moving up for Jackson?  Doncic if he somehow falls? 

Just curious.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
Just a hunch?  So they take on his contract and give up what else to move to 4 in this scenario?  And are they moving up for Jackson?  Doncic if he somehow falls? 

Just curious.

Lopez, #7, #22 for Parsons and #4?

Could they get Memphis to take back Asik instead of Lopez? He's owed $23M over the next 2 seasons.

No matter where they pick, I'm just hoping the Bulls don't take Trae Young.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »
Lopez, #7, #22 for Parsons and #4?

Could they get Memphis to take back Asik instead of Lopez? He's owed $23M over the next 2 seasons.

No matter where they pick, I'm just hoping the Bulls don't take Trae Young.

Agree with you on Young. 

Giving up both picks to move to 4 plus take on Parsons' contract seems like too much.  That would be a no for me.  I guess it depends on who is available at 4 and how they feel about him. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »
Agree with you on Young. 

Giving up both picks to move to 4 plus take on Parsons' contract seems like too much.  That would be a no for me.  I guess it depends on who is available at 4 and how they feel about him.

I agree that it would really depend on who's available at #4. If it's the guy that the Bulls believe can be a franchise cornerstone, I'd have no qualms with giving up both #1's to get him. With the top of the draft so frosh-heavy, there's value to be had outside the top 20 (Portis, RHJ, Brogdon, Murray, Kuzma, Hart, etc) especially for guys who can come in and contribute right away.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:54 AM »

Just curious.

Hunch on my part. I would not move pick 22 in this scenario, unless I’m getting a future first round swap with Memphis. Figure Asik + 7, future second, for Parsons + 4.

I have no idea who Bulls covet at 4, but I think they want to move up.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
Hunch on my part. I would not move pick 22 in this scenario, unless I’m getting a future first round swap with Memphis. Figure Asik + 7, future second, for Parsons + 4.

I have no idea who Bulls covet at 4, but I think they want to move up.

Now if that was the scenario I would strongly consider it if I was the Bulls.  Including both 7 and 22 is too much for my tastes.  I think they can get a nice player at 22. 

I'm hoping they actually buy a 2nd rounder this year but that's obviously extremely unlikely. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
ESPN reporting that the Bulls and Mavs are talking about swapping picks. Mavs would slide down for Porter. Bulls presumably are interested in Bamba.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
Agree with you on Young. 

The last time I heard this much "please don't take him" talk from Bulls fans had to do with Noah. Most Bulls fans I knew (and I knew a lot of them) desperately wanted the team to take anybody else.

Doesn't mean y'all are "wrong" about Young, of course.

feedback