[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2018 NBA Offseason Thread  (Read 19924 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: 2018 NBA Offseason Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
If DeRozan remains healthy, the odds of him picking up the option is approximately 0%.

So 2 years of DeRozan for 1 year of Kawhi.  If things work out, they re-sign Kawhi and Green.  They compete with Boston and perhaps Philly for Eastern Conference supremacy.

If it doesn't work out, they pivot to a rebuild.  I give Toronto credit for going for it.

Nice haul for the Spurs.  They get an All Star to stay in the playoff hunt, a nice young big man, and a 1st round pick.  Kudos to them for maximizing their return and not selling at a discount.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
Kawhi's camp leaking that he has no desire to head to Toronto. I used to like him starting to think he's a diva
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »
The only way to look at this positively from Toronto's standpoint is that they're eager to move on from DeRozan and this works out as a nice salary dump for them.
The "going for it" thing? Eh. This doesn't get them past Boston or maybe even Philly in the East, IMO, and that's assuming Leonard shows up healthy and willing to play hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »
Porter to undergo another back surgery.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-michael-porter-jr-underwent-another-back-surgery-224112730.html

Any docs on here understand what a "breakthrough grasps of a herniated disc" means.  Never heard that phrase before and the interwebs have nothing.

Regardless, a second back surgery at this age is not a good sign.  Even if he gets back to 100%, I'd envision his career to be a very short one.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
Any docs on here understand what a "breakthrough grasps of a herniated disc" means.  Never heard that phrase before and the interwebs have nothing.

Regardless, a second back surgery at this age is not a good sign.  Even if he gets back to 100%, I'd envision his career to be a very short one.

I'm a PA who works exclusively in spine surgery. I don't even understand what that is supposed to mean.

Makes you wonder about our own MU player with back surgery. Though I don't recall it was ever stated what type he had.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2018, 08:59:45 AM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2018, 10:11:37 AM »

Eye'll translate four y'all. He bee fooked. Gettin' closer ta fusion, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »
Kawhi's camp leaking that he has no desire to head to Toronto. I used to like him starting to think he's a diva

I think it feels more likely that he’s just a temperamental weirdo. All that humble, drives an old Tahoe thing is great, but he still doesn’t want to leave his comfort zone. In some ways, it’s almost worse, cause you can expect it from a diva. He’s just the quiet kid sitting in the corner who doesn’t want to participate and only likes PB&J.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
I think it feels more likely that he’s just a temperamental weirdo. All that humble, drives an old Tahoe thing is great, but he still doesn’t want to leave his comfort zone. In some ways, it’s almost worse, cause you can expect it from a diva. He’s just the quiet kid sitting in the corner who doesn’t want to participate and only likes PB&J.

Perfect metaphor
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »

Well stated.

As stories continue to come out, it also sounds more and more like his "handlers" are completely inept.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »
I just assumed Leonard had no desire to go anyplace but the Lakers, and he'll take less money next year to go there.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
Jabari after signing his new contract: "They don't pay players to play defense."

Glad he ain't a Buck any more. He didn't play a lick of defense in three years and obviously has no plans to start anytime soon. If he scores less than 30 a game, he is a liability on the floor. One guy refusing to play 'D' bleeds over into the other guys on the floor.

I guess that is what GarPax wants.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2018, 03:42:14 PM »
Jabari after signing his new contract: "They don't pay players to play defense."

Glad he ain't a Buck any more. He didn't play a lick of defense in three years and obviously has no plans to start anytime soon. If he scores less than 30 a game, he is a liability on the floor. One guy refusing to play 'D' bleeds over into the other guys on the floor.

I guess that is what GarPax wants.

I was surprised how candid Jabari was, he full quote I read: that “I just stick to my strengths. Look at everybody in the league. They don’t pay players to play defense. There’s only two people historically that play defense. I’m not going to say I won’t, but to say that’s a weakness is like saying that’s everybody’s weakness. Because I’ve scored 30 and 20 on a lot of guys that say they play defense.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
There’s only two people historically that play defense.

Huh?

Sounds like a dope to me.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2018, 11:04:39 AM »
Huh?

Sounds like a dope to me.

I think he's just a pretty bitter guy right now. He's only 23 and has had a ton of adversity from the time he was 19. Hopefully he catches a couple of breaks and the change of scenery helps refresh him, because by all accounts he's a really good dude.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2018, 12:35:41 PM »
It's a dumb thing for Parker to say publicly - especially in the meathead capitol of America - but he's not entirely wrong.
A guy who scores but plays no D ... say James Harden .... will always be paid way better than an elite defender who lacks offensively, a la Marcus Smart.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »
It's a dumb thing for Parker to say publicly - especially in the meathead capitol of America - but he's not entirely wrong.
A guy who scores but plays no D ... say James Harden .... will always be paid way better than an elite defender who lacks offensively, a la Marcus Smart.

But that's not really all that he said. 

He also said "...but to say that's a weakness is like saying that's everybody's weakness."  Not everyone is as bad as Jabari is on defense.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
I think he's just a pretty bitter guy right now. He's only 23 and has had a ton of adversity from the time he was 19. Hopefully he catches a couple of breaks and the change of scenery helps refresh him, because by all accounts he's a really good dude.

I’m just disappointed he won’t finish that modern commercial-to-house renovation he was starting on Brewers Hill

MU82

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »

Can see why he'd be bitter.

When I was 23, I only had about $40 million, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2018, 02:14:05 PM »

Make that a good dude who will play zero defense. When he breaks down on 'D', the entire team defense breaks down. Good riddance.

feedback