[Today at 03:10:06 AM]

south jordan best online hookup site by MarquetteVol
[April 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM]

santa rosa flirt adult by JakeBarnes
[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Get paid to attend MU games  (Read 5618 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Get paid to attend MU games
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »
MU is looking for a new Emcee and DJ for games...

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060418aaa.html

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: Get paid to attend MU games
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:41:45 PM »
No more Mike J? I always thought he did a good job.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:03:39 PM »
No more Mike J? I always thought he did a good job.

Mike is the announcer, not the emcee.

Sounds to me that they are trying more of an NBA-type experience here.  Here is the detailed job description:

This position will perform as Emcee for all 2018-2019 Marquette Men’s Basketball home games and
related events. Ability to perform live and entertain a large audience within a limited amount of time is
required. Create an entertaining atmosphere while representing the Marquette Athletics brands in a
positive light.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Marketing and Fan Engagement staff to ensure proper execution of promotions and
in-game entertainment elements for Marquette games
• Memorizing copy from a script as well as the ability to improvise while interacting with a live audience a
must
• Basic knowledge of men’s college basketball and media timeout format necessary
• Ability to entertain while delivering important information connected to the sponsors and marketing
departments of Marquette Athletics
• Ability to execute promotions within a tight timeline and ensure smooth transitions
• Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and on message while interacting with event
guests of all ages including passionate sports fans
• Ability to work with a diverse crew for proper delivery of promotional items. Crew may include one or all
of the following: venue/court security, camera operators, mascots, promotional teams and management
staff
• Ability to write copy and participate in the planning and execution of promotions helpful
• Can handle feedback and critique of performance with a positive attitude
• Ability to work in a creative environment with diverse personalities
• Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays a must
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
Position requires a creative, friendly, fast thinking, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organized individual
with a passion for live event presentation and sports, along with a positive can-do attitude and proven teamleadership
skills in a fast-paced, live entertainment environment. The ability to react well under pressure in
a live event situation and under changing conditions, along with an understanding of how to utilize all
available resources is critical. Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work on multiple
projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and possess an energetic desire to assist in maximizing the
Marquette Men’s Basketball entertainment experience.
Please submit your application to Torrey.Ball@marquette.edu by June 22nd with the subject line of EMCEE application
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »
The DePaul ringmaster is looking for a job

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:11:18 PM »
Marquette two years ago had a emcee. The DJ, I wonder is too replace music in motion.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 07:14:04 PM »
Mike is the announcer, not the emcee.

Sounds to me that they are trying more of an NBA-type experience here.  Here is the detailed job description:

This position will perform as Emcee for all 2018-2019 Marquette Men’s Basketball home games and
related events. Ability to perform live and entertain a large audience within a limited amount of time is
required. Create an entertaining atmosphere while representing the Marquette Athletics brands in a
positive light.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Marketing and Fan Engagement staff to ensure proper execution of promotions and
in-game entertainment elements for Marquette games
• Memorizing copy from a script as well as the ability to improvise while interacting with a live audience a
must
• Basic knowledge of men’s college basketball and media timeout format necessary
• Ability to entertain while delivering important information connected to the sponsors and marketing
departments of Marquette Athletics
• Ability to execute promotions within a tight timeline and ensure smooth transitions
• Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and on message while interacting with event
guests of all ages including passionate sports fans
• Ability to work with a diverse crew for proper delivery of promotional items. Crew may include one or all
of the following: venue/court security, camera operators, mascots, promotional teams and management
staff
• Ability to write copy and participate in the planning and execution of promotions helpful
• Can handle feedback and critique of performance with a positive attitude
• Ability to work in a creative environment with diverse personalities
• Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays a must
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
Position requires a creative, friendly, fast thinking, outgoing, self-motivated and well-organized individual
with a passion for live event presentation and sports, along with a positive can-do attitude and proven teamleadership
skills in a fast-paced, live entertainment environment. The ability to react well under pressure in
a live event situation and under changing conditions, along with an understanding of how to utilize all
available resources is critical. Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work on multiple
projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and possess an energetic desire to assist in maximizing the
Marquette Men’s Basketball entertainment experience.
Please submit your application to Torrey.Ball@marquette.edu by June 22nd with the subject line of EMCEE application

Sounds 'zactly watt I currantly due evry dey, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »

Sounds 'zactly watt I currantly due evry dey, aina?
Grain free?
Goal is National Championship

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 08:38:34 AM »
...and you don't even need to be a college grad!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
...and you don't even need to be a college grad!

Let's hope that they can fill this job with one of our many fine College of Communications grads.

Also, for the other position, would they hire someone named "DJ Warrior"?
Have some patience, FFS.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »
So like that big guy with the mic during breaks at the Bucks games....is that it?

Variety would be nice. take advantage of the new arena.  But I hope it doesn't get as busy as a Bucks game....that wouldn't feel right.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
So like that big guy with the mic during breaks at the Bucks games....is that it?

Variety would be nice. take advantage of the new arena.  But I hope it doesn't get as busy as a Bucks game....that wouldn't feel right.

I think our activities during breaks are great.  I went to a Notre Dame game in South Bend once and they had Irish dancers performing at every timeout - I kid you not.

What they could do away with IMO is the stupid jugglers and dog acts at halftime. It's a waste of money.  Everyone is out on the concourse getting a beer anyway, and I doubt it increases ticket sales. I cannot imagine anyone saying, "Hmm...should I go to the Marquette game or not?  What?  They are having a guy doing Hula Hoop tricks at halftime?  I am so there!"
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »
I think our activities during breaks are great.  I went to a Notre Dame game in South Bend once and they had Irish dancers performing at every timeout - I kid you not.

What they could do away with IMO is the stupid jugglers and dog acts at halftime. It's a waste of money.  Everyone is out on the concourse getting a beer anyway, and I doubt it increases ticket sales. I cannot imagine anyone saying, "Hmm...should I go to the Marquette game or not?  What?  They are having a guy doing Hula Hoop tricks at halftime?  I am so there!"

I think those shows are more for the kids at the games. I always enjoy seeing the tumblers do their dunk routines
Maigh Eo for Sam

fjm

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:51:45 AM »
I agree with chick. Stick to having a student or two doing fake sumo wrestling or have a bunch of elementary school kids trying to play basketball for 5 min. That's always hilarious too.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 10:36:48 AM »
I agree with chick. Stick to having a student or two doing fake sumo wrestling or have a bunch of elementary school kids trying to play basketball for 5 min. That's always hilarious too.

Or the musical chairs.  It was hilarious seeing a freshman guy ruin the next four years of his dating life by shoving a girl out of the way to win. 
Have some patience, FFS.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »

Respectfully disagree on one point here. When mascots vs kids football is the halftime show at a Bears game, I’m there. Especially if the Colts mascot is playing.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 11:54:56 AM »
Willie wampum ayner?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
What they could do away with IMO is the stupid jugglers and dog acts at halftime. It's a waste of money.  Everyone is out on the concourse getting a beer anyway...

Not trying to speak on behalf of the jugglers and dog acts, but having toured the new arena this past Saturday, I can confirm that when fans are in line for beer at halftime, they will now still be able to see the halftime acts.  Even better than at Miller Park.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »

I'm not sure it increases sales, but there are some really entertaining halftime performances. A lot of them are also local acts so I doubt they're spending all that much. Quite a few dance and jump troops from Milwaukee.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »
DJ Bluteax
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:33:53 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »

It's all part of the fan experience. Halftime shouldn't be a 15 minute dead period.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 02:54:47 PM »
It's all part of the fan experience. Halftime shouldn't be a 15 minute dead period.

Not saying it should be.  But that doesn't mean that we should fill it with "America's Got Talent" rejects.

Student-stunt activities and the Jesse White Tumblers are cool.  Some guy spinning plates?  Not so much.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »
Not saying it should be.  But that doesn't mean that we should fill it with "America's Got Talent" rejects.

Student-stunt activities and the Jesse White Tumblers are cool.  Some guy spinning plates?  Not so much.
Some like it. Others would rather talk and get food/drink. Got to keep 17,000 people happy in some way.

The dogs were great like year. IMO!! The MPS drum line is not too bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:08:03 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 03:10:25 PM »
Dey should just bring back da First Warrior again ta get da crowd in a frenzy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »

But Red Panda spinning plates? GOLD

But seriously the best sports halftime show is always little kids playing said sport.

feedback