[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cord cutting revisited  (Read 92218 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Cord cutting revisited
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2020, 05:23:27 PM »
Does anyone here ever watch Pac 12 Now app (plus/live) for live games?

I want to watch a game that is only available on that app. I can get it on phone, computer devices but I want to stream it on tv as well. I use Roku to stream, and I do not see it available there. Is it not available via Roku? thx.

That seems strange. Worst case scenario you can hdmi from computer to tv.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »
Does anyone here ever watch Pac 12 Now app (plus/live) for live games?

I want to watch a game that is only available on that app. I can get it on phone, computer devices but I want to stream it on tv as well. I use Roku to stream, and I do not see it available there. Is it not available via Roku? thx.

Can you cast to the tv?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
That seems strange. Worst case scenario you can hdmi from computer to tv.

Yep. I am waiting to hear back. But the app isn’t there on Roku. I have a few technologically challenged people that will only watch games etc on tv size. I want to make it as easy as possible for them. .....it’s nice that no Pac 12 Network subscription is required. (I no longer have Pac 12 Network since switching from Dish to YYTV.) .....We watch a lot of games on tv via ESPN app etc...SEC Network plus or ACC Network Extra etc...or Fox Sports Go ....all via their apps on Roku.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:37:31 PM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
Just to follow up, Mike Yam from Pac 12 Network was kind enough to reply when few others would, and he told me that Pac 12 Now app is not available on Roku, only Google Chromecast, Apple TV etc...(he uses Apple TV)

I can do HDMI with device with tv or get a Google Chromecast for $35. (this is multiple locations though)

It is strange to me that Pac 12 Now is not available on Roku.

Thanks for the replies.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2020, 08:57:27 PM »
Yep. I am waiting to hear back. But the app isn’t there on Roku. I have a few technologically challenged people that will only watch games etc on tv size. I want to make it as easy as possible for them. .....it’s nice that no Pac 12 Network subscription is required. (I no longer have Pac 12 Network since switching from Dish to YYTV.) .....We watch a lot of games on tv via ESPN app etc...SEC Network plus or ACC Network Extra etc...or Fox Sports Go ....all via their apps on Roku.
Those app won't work since you have YTTV.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2020, 08:59:07 PM »
Just got an email from YTTV.  Apparently my Fox regional network will not be affected.
You don't say.  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2020, 09:20:59 PM »
Those app won't work since you have YTTV.

Huh?  FS Go, ESPN app, etc all work fine with YTTV credentials.  Just  click "all providers", "more tv providers" (or something similar) and search for YouTube.  Then login and voila!

For example:  https://www.foxsportsgo.com/register?device_type=web&device_id=195cc660-5f59-11ea-9a31-91df9000c0b1&redirect_url=/

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2020, 09:27:33 PM »
Huh?  FS Go, ESPN app, etc all work fine with YTTV credentials.  Just  click "all providers", "more tv providers" (or something similar) and search for YouTube.  Then login and voila!

For example:  https://www.foxsportsgo.com/register?device_type=web&device_id=195cc660-5f59-11ea-9a31-91df9000c0b1&redirect_url=/
Didn't work last week. I'll download to try again. Not the worst case, as the YTTV app works the same.
-Bill Walton

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2020, 09:32:46 PM »

Yep.

All I had to do on Roku screen is go to search and download each app that wasn't already there. We watch a ton of internet only games on the ESPN app on tv for example. I use my YTTV log in to get these apps just as I used to use my Dish provider log in before.

What I cannot figure out is why I can download Pac 12 Now app several places (phones, tablets etc...except on Roku with the tv. These are free, no subscription required live sports. But Roku does not carry Pac 12 Now app (also known as plus or live)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:35:33 PM by shoothoops »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:26:26 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2020, 09:42:40 PM »
Nope. Still nothing on the apps on my phone. Maybe Roku is different.

You should be able to download those apps on your phone, ESPN, Fox Sports Go etc....and use YTTV as your provider. If you do not see YTTV as a choice, you can add it in each app. Then log in. If you still have trouble, delete the apps and re-install. They should 100% work then.

I also watch all of these apps on my phone using YTTV as the provider log in.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »
You should be able to download those apps on your phone, ESPN, Fox Sports Go etc....and use YTTV as your provider. If you do not see YTTV as a choice, you can add it in each app. Then log in. If you still have trouble, delete the apps and re-install. They should 100% work then.

I also watch all of these apps on my phone using YTTV as the provider log in.

I see what I was doing wrong on the ESPN app. I was clicking on the logo, which is just an add page. ESPN is big to have to get espn3 programs. Yet, the others are pointless, since I have the YouTube TV app. Which is sweet, by the way!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:52:17 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »
I got ESPN to work on my Roku, phone and Samsung!  I got Fox Sports to work on my Roku and Samsung. Trouble with Fox Sports Go. It keeps kicking me back to download the app, which I did.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:35:49 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »
Apparently the YTTV deal w/Sinclair only includes FS Regionals in primary markets.

For example: If you live in say Des Moines Iowa, and you used to get FS North and/or FS Midwest, you no longer get those channels. It appears to be this way all over the country. From Florida panhandle to parts of Ohio etc....as it appears to penalize people not located in the larger primary market for the FS Regional channel. Some people in Indy used to get multiple FS Regionals, only get one now. Fox Sports South is no longer in Charleston, Arkansas etc...on and on...

It doesn't affect me but it's unfortunate for some others.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #339 on: March 06, 2020, 11:17:00 AM »
Sounds like the deal was raw between YTTV and Sinclair. Better than nothing for YTTV. I'm glad we will have it in Wisconsin.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-is-only-offering-rsns-in-select-areas/
-Bill Walton

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »
Good. With that hammered out I can make the move from DirecTV to YTTV
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
Good. With that hammered out I can make the move from DirecTV to YTTV

Let me know what Direvtv has to say when you call to cancel (if you call rather than do it online).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2020, 05:28:19 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
Buh bye, DirecTV

https://www.yahoo.com/news/directvs-days-numbered-133022651.html

Not too shocking. DTV was great when cable was the only real competition. But now that services like YTTV and others provide everything most people want at a fraction of the price, I don't understand why anyone with decent internet service and speed would keep DTV. It makes sense in rural areas, but that's about it....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »
fuboTV Adds NHL Network, MLB Network & MLB Strike Zone
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2020, 07:34:45 PM »

Not too shocking. DTV was great when cable was the only real competition. But now that services like YTTV and others provide everything most people want at a fraction of the price, I don't understand why anyone with decent internet service and speed would keep DTV. It makes sense in rural areas, but that's about it....

Agree completely.  Unless you are a NFL ticket fan, but no other reason.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »
Hmmm...this DTV news is interesting.

With YTTV, are you able to access regional sports networks?  Ie: will I be able to access MU games on FSWisconsin if I live out of state, like I am with the Sportspack on DTV? 

That has really been the only thing holding me back in recent years. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2020, 02:24:47 PM »

With YTTV, are you able to access regional sports networks?  Ie: will I be able to access MU games on FSWisconsin if I live out of state, like I am with the Sportspack on DTV? 

No. You'll probably get your local RSN, but there's no option (right now) to get out-of-market RSNs.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »

I had to read that article again.  Does not say Direct TV is going away, they have something like 15 million customers.  It says they are focusing on broadband tv except for rural areas.  The headline and the article do not match. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato