[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU @ IU - Gavitt Games  (Read 22630 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: MU @ IU - Gavitt Games
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »
Is our schedule too tough?  ;)

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 09:49:33 AM »
Is our schedule too tough?  ;)

The Big East is losing a ton of good players this year, most teams are in the re-tooling mode.  Even Villy will look a lot different then in the
past, so these games will be resume games.  Indy will be better next year but so will MU, a lot better.  Time for Wojo to step up his game and
coach against better teams then cupcakes.  Glad to see it.  This year might be the toughest schedule MU has had in years, so what.  Let's see
how they play early season, play tough games,  which will make the Big East games seem easier.  I know that Sam if healthy and Markus are
2 of the best returning players in the conference, so that is a start.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 10:00:12 AM »
Wait. We're lucky to be catching them early before they have learned to play together. Yet we'll be a 3 or 4 point dog (so a pick 'em on a neutral court).

So you're saying we'll be IU's equal to begin the season but later (when they've had time to jell) they'll be the better team.

But if one of their players leaves early they won't even make the tournament.

I confess to being confused.

If we can't play defense there is nothing to be confused about.

FKfootball

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
Hey, what's up guys? IU fan here. I figured I'd give my thoughts on the game and then come back in November around gameday. I'm very happy with this matchup. A solid top 25 caliber Big East team coming into Assembly Hall. I've always liked Marquette. You guys tried to warn us about Tom Crean. We're very glad he's gone.

Anyways, about the matchup. It could be a toss up. I'll say this. Assembly Hall is a hard place to win if we are even decent. Their is a lot of hype right now especially with the addition of Romeo Langford. I live in his hometown. He is special. He'll win games just by himself. We expect Juwan Morgan back as well. We brought in a outstanding recruiting class and added a bunch of much needed size. Rob Phinisee is a clone of Dominic James. We expect Jerome Hunter to be another impact freshman. Of the returners, Justin Smith is a future NBA player and he'll start at the 3 for us. We also added a Grad Transfer from St Marys that can play as a stretch 4 or 5. Devonte Green is another good guard that we have that is a good 2 way player. We love coach Miller compared to coach Crean. He has a good scheme on offense and defense and we play much more disciplined basketball.

Should be a great game. I expect IU to win the Big Ten and at least 25 wins. I also expect Marquette at the top of the Big East. Markus Howard is a stud. I like Sam Hauser too.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 11:19:12 AM »
This match-up reminds me a lot of our 15-16 Gavitt game, just with the roles reversed.  A second year coach with a young team, highlighted by a super star freshman hosts an experienced, old, and very good three point shooting team.  If we can even come close to replicating what Iowa did to us that game, I think we'll be very happy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Gotta play somebody.    I guess my wife and I won't be talking for a few days, so...... bonus.   ;D      No no no no no.    Less emotional impact than it used to have.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:35 AM »
Hey, what's up guys? IU fan here. I figured I'd give my thoughts on the game and then come back in November around gameday. I'm very happy with this matchup. A solid top 25 caliber Big East team coming into Assembly Hall. I've always liked Marquette. You guys tried to warn us about Tom Crean. We're very glad he's gone.

Anyways, about the matchup. It could be a toss up. I'll say this. Assembly Hall is a hard place to win if we are even decent. Their is a lot of hype right now especially with the addition of Romeo Langford. I live in his hometown. He is special. He'll win games just by himself. We expect Juwan Morgan back as well. We brought in a outstanding recruiting class and added a bunch of much needed size. Rob Phinisee is a clone of Dominic James. We expect Jerome Hunter to be another impact freshman. Of the returners, Justin Smith is a future NBA player and he'll start at the 3 for us. We also added a Grad Transfer from St Marys that can play as a stretch 4 or 5. Devonte Green is another good guard that we have that is a good 2 way player. We love coach Miller compared to coach Crean. He has a good scheme on offense and defense and we play much more disciplined basketball.

Should be a great game. I expect IU to win the Big Ten and at least 25 wins. I also expect Marquette at the top of the Big East. Markus Howard is a stud. I like Sam Hauser too.

What is the ticket situation for games there? Is everything sold out ahead of time? How active is secondary market? TIA.

This one sort of falls into the sports bucket list for me, for a regular season game, outside of a tournament, it doesn't get much better. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:44:42 AM by dw3dw3dw3 »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
Chicos most likely one to get tickets for everyone.  You know given the depth of his contacts.  Of course he will be in crimson n cream candy stripes, tho
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
Chicos most likely one to get tickets for everyone.  You know given the depth of his contacts.  Of course he will be in crimson n cream candy stripes, tho
Can u imagine if Crean was still coach at IU, oh boy!
Goal is National Championship

FKfootball

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »
If we still had Crean, we'd lose this game. I feel more confident having a coach like Archie.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »
What is the ticket situation for games there? Is everything sold out ahead of time? How active is secondary market? TIA.

This one sort of falls into the sports bucket list for me, for a regular season game, outside of a tournament, it doesn't get much better.

$10 to charity of your choice if you wear a Wade jersey & IU shorts to the game.

Must post pic on Scoop.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »
Pretty good computer model thinks they are going to be good

http://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Yeah, right after Bucky.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
Generally pretty apathetic about IU but I went over to their board to see what their mindset is and one guy is obnoxious enough that I hope we stomp then.

Maigh Eo for Sam

MuMark

• All American

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 02:41:05 PM »
Whoever came up with this graphic has a sense of humor:

https://twitter.com/BIGEASTMBB/status/996470019457462273/photo/1

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
Generally pretty apathetic about IU but I went over to their board to see what their mindset is and one guy is obnoxious enough that I hope we stomp then.

It wasn't FKfootball was it?     

j/k    ;)     

FKfootball, I will gladly take your insight as it comes closer to the season.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »

Was it HoosierDad vociferously defending Tom Crean's honor?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »

It's all secondary market and only students may use student tickets.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 07:54:19 PM »
$10 to charity of your choice if you wear a Wade jersey & IU shorts to the game.

Must post pic on Scoop.
U really cheap  ;D
Goal is National Championship

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »
Is the first time MU has played at Assembly Hall since the 1985 NIT game that MU finished with 4 players on the floor due to fouls?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

FKfootball

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »

j/k    ;)     

Lol. Nah. It wasn't me. I have nothing against Marquette. You guys have broke the hearts of Kentucky fans, many times. I like your team and I'm glad we are matched up, win or lose.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »
Beat Bucky!!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2018, 10:57:30 PM »

Any Pitino sightings on your side of the river?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »

j/k    ;)     

Nah someone named btownqb, was saying we aren't a relevant program and haven't been since Al. I pointed out that we've had very comparable success to IU since 2000 and the guy essentially said that because they're a blue blood they're still much more relevant and that kids aren't thinking about us. At one point compared us to Loyola Chicago... Would've argued about recruits but it's another teams forum so didn't wanna be that guy.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback