[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cosby found guilty on all counts  (Read 3661 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Cosby found guilty on all counts
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »

Thought you guys who don't read much actual news might want to know.

https://jezebel.com/bill-cosby-declared-guilty-on-all-counts-1825526961

That is all.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:49:57 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
Re: Cosby found guilty on all counts
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:06:27 PM »
Good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:23:57 PM »
Honoris causa, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »
No more pudding for Dr. Huxtable!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »

There's always room for j-a-i-l-o!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »

When he goes to prison, he may want pants without an elastic waistband.  Just sayin'.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
So I heard in passing that his bail isn't being revoked. Does that mean he gets to go home until sentencing? I had heard of that in non-violent white collar situations but it strikes me as really odd in this case. Perhaps some of our attorney friends can enlighten me.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 04:03:40 PM »
So I heard in passing that his bail isn't being revoked. Does that mean he gets to go home until sentencing? I had heard of that in non-violent white collar situations but it strikes me as really odd in this case. Perhaps some of our attorney friends can enlighten me.

I hadn't heard that.  I guess calling the prosecuting attorney an a$$hole as he was requesting the revocation was a good strategy.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »

I hadn't heard that.  I guess calling the prosecuting attorney an a$$hole as he was requesting the revocation was a good strategy.

It's great how you two converse through Scoop.  Now, if I could only get my MU grad wife to start posting on Scoop!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »
Yeah, I just read that he gets to go home until sentencing.  Only restriction is that he's not to leave the county in which he lives and that he surrender his passport.

I personally think this is absolutely crazy.  He's just been convicted of a violent crime.  And he absolutely has the financial resources to be a flight risk.  This totally sounds like special treatment to me.  Should have been perp walked in handcuffs.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »
It's great how you two converse through Scoop.  Now, if I could only get my MU grad wife to start posting on Scoop!

You know what's really funny Lighthouse?  When she's at one end of the couch typing away and I'm at the other doing the same!   :o

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 05:46:51 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 04:49:57 PM »
Thought you guys who don't read much actual news might want to know.

https://jezebel.com/bill-cosby-declared-guilty-on-all-counts-1825526961

That is all.

I am really hurt by this. We're not all dumb jocks.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »

I am really hurt by this. We're not all dumb jocks.

True. Most of us are dumb ex jocks or dumb never were jocks.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »

Well perhaps some pudding pops.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 09:07:21 PM »
One of my pet peeves is that rich criminals get to hang out at home after they've been convicted. If he were some poor, unknown stranger guilty of these exact crimes, he'd have been hauled away.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 03:38:49 AM »
Wow
This is pleasant news.
I will admit when the stories first broke I doubted they could get a conviction...wow...great...chalk one up for the system, and some good prosecutor work.
That he remains on bail maybe a systemic flaw but dont let it dissuade you from a day of joy in seeing a conviction of a criminal...justice served.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:36:50 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 06:50:27 AM »
Sorry gang, there is nothing to celebrate here. Not a conviction. Not anything.

It's disgusting what happened to the women Cosby abused. Period. No ifs, ands or buts. He likely will spend the remainder of his life locked up somewhere.

It's also disgusting to see the seamier side of someone to whom millions of us once admired. He's a pioneer entertainer and was one of the best at his craft for a long time. It's beyond belief that anyone would resort to what Cosby did, but he did.

Sadly, it's off to prison for America's Dad.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 08:29:13 AM »

+1000

The dialogue is so much more open and honest than most married couples I know....

muwarrior69

• All American

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
Sorry gang, there is nothing to celebrate here. Not a conviction. Not anything.

It's disgusting what happened to the women Cosby abused. Period. No ifs, ands or buts. He likely will spend the remainder of his life locked up somewhere.

It's also disgusting to see the seamier side of someone to whom millions of us once admired. He's a pioneer entertainer and was one of the best at his craft for a long time. It's beyond belief that anyone would resort to what Cosby did, but he did.

Sadly, it's off to prison for America's Dad.

I will never again discuss a celebrity with a child and call them a role model.  Almost without fail, they have turned out to be not what they seem.  I will stick to people I know personally.
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »
I will never again discuss a celebrity with a child and call them a role model.  Almost without fail, they have turned out to be not what they seem.  I will stick to people I know personally.

I've almost never thought of celebrities as role models. Too easily to be disappointed. Cosby is so disappointing not because he's a celebrity, but because what he did to women was sooooooo wrong and sooooooo disgusting.

That he was a speaker at Marquette's commencement a few years back testifies to the good he had done in his life. Unfortunately, that's all out the window.

Even though our Justice system apparently has worked, it's nothing to cheer about that he is going to prison. Yes, he'll get what is appropriate for his conduct, but to see folks cheering, as they did in West Palm Beach, FL yesterday, ignores the tragedy of the act and its consequences.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

Even though our Justice system apparently has worked, it's nothing to cheer about that he is going to prison. Yes, he'll get what is appropriate for his conduct, but to see folks cheering, as they did in West Palm Beach, FL yesterday, ignores the tragedy of the act and its consequences.

I am not sure that your preference to respond to this news in a certain manner provides you the position to control others response.

It is unlikely we all come down one road at the issue of men in positions of power engaging in sexual assaults. I have never known what it was like to have kept secret or not report an assault for fear of the power or position of the perpetrator. I havent had to fear being accused of being a slut or causing my own assault. I havent had to allow men to openly objectify me in the workplace to preserve my job. I know ....to hear a guy like me say these things is laughable...but it reiterates how afar men are from true empathy of these matters.

If you are seeing women cheer about this the answer may not be telling them to shut up .......it may be ask them why they are cheering, ....from their perspective...my guess is theirs is different from yours.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:08:51 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44:19 PM »

...and even then.