[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Traditional Transfer Tracker  (Read 43768 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Traditional Transfer Tracker
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »

So I was wrong.  I misread the "original" school.  So if Flory was "recruited" by Seton Hall as a walk-on, he would have to sit?

How do you define "recruited?"  Contacted in any manner?
I corrected my post which was missing a word.  I was defending you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »
I corrected my post which was missing a word.  I was defending you.

I know you were and thank you.  But I was wrong.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »

I know you were and thank you.  But I was wrong.

Indeed u wuz! PS- re-read what you posted re: the breakdown of sports, then research the “may”.

—————
My quick read:
He may be OK, he may not be. It depends.

Look to 14.5.5.2.10.
He does not meet the requirements of 14.5.5.2.10-(a) because he played men’s basketball. However, there is a one-time exception available under 14.5.5.2.10.2 if he was not recruited.

Look to 13.02.14.1. If there was ever an arranged in-person off-campus encounter with the kid or his parents/guardians and a Seton Hall staff member or athletics rep (as defined), he doesn’t qualify. Now, did Seton Hall staff and the Flory’s ever sit down at some event or in-home and chat about the possibilities of him walking-on? Maybe. Maybe not. Seems more likely in this situations than in others (e.g., not quite your typical walk-on, where you had previously verbally committed to a D-I powerhouse program).

13.02.14.1 Recruited Prospective Student-Athlete. Actions by staff members or athletics representatives that cause a prospective student-athlete to become a recruited prospective student-athlete at that institution are:

(a) Providing the prospective student-athlete with an official visit;
(b) Having an arranged, in-person, off-campus encounter with the prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete’s parents, relatives or legal guardians; or
(c) Issuing a National Letter of Intent or the institution’s written offer of athletically related financial aid to the prospective student-athlete. Issuing a written offer of athletically related financial aid to a prospective student-athlete to attend a summer session prior to full-time enrollment does not cause the prospective student-athlete to become recruited.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:41:16 AM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »
I suspect there is plenty of plausible deniability here by all parties..... ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »
Cremo to Villanova.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
Cremo to Villanova.

Philadelphia Cremo? Jeez!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
Indeed u wuz! PS- re-read what you posted re: the breakdown of sports, then research the “may”.

—————
My quick read:
He may be OK, he may not be. It depends.

Look to 14.5.5.2.10.
He does not meet the requirements of 14.5.5.2.10-(a) because he played men’s basketball. However, there is a one-time exception available under 14.5.5.2.10.2 if he was not recruited.

Look to 13.02.14.1. If there was ever an arranged in-person off-campus encounter with the kid or his parents/guardians and a Seton Hall staff member or athletics rep (as defined), he doesn’t qualify. Now, did Seton Hall staff and the Flory’s ever sit down at some event or in-home and chat about the possibilities of him walking-on? Maybe. Maybe not. Seems more likely in this situations than in others (e.g., not quite your typical walk-on, where you had previously verbally committed to a D-I powerhouse program).

13.02.14.1 Recruited Prospective Student-Athlete. Actions by staff members or athletics representatives that cause a prospective student-athlete to become a recruited prospective student-athlete at that institution are:

(a) Providing the prospective student-athlete with an official visit;
(b) Having an arranged, in-person, off-campus encounter with the prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete’s parents, relatives or legal guardians; or
(c) Issuing a National Letter of Intent or the institution’s written offer of athletically related financial aid to the prospective student-athlete. Issuing a written offer of athletically related financial aid to a prospective student-athlete to attend a summer session prior to full-time enrollment does not cause the prospective student-athlete to become recruited.
Flory met all the exceptions which is why he is immediately eligible which was confirmed.

Flory is in a good position right now because he can either get a scholarship somewhere else and play immediately or he can stay at Seton Hall and probably be an 8th or 9th man on the roster and pick up some more minutes.  Will be interesting to see what he chooses.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2018, 09:33:41 AM »
Flory met all the exceptions which is why he is immediately eligible which was confirmed.

Flory is in a good position right now because he can either get a scholarship somewhere else and play immediately or he can stay at Seton Hall and probably be an 8th or 9th man on the roster and pick up some more minutes.  Will be interesting to see what he chooses.

What you said is that he was eligible simply and only because he was A walk-on. That claim - which is not true - is why I replied

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2018, 09:41:27 AM »

Cremo the crop

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

Sorry I just saw this but well done.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2018, 11:22:08 AM »
Cremo rises to the top.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »
Crimson and Cremo, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »
Cremo Sucks!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
What you said is that he was eligible simply and only because he was A walk-on. That claim - which is not true - is why I replied
He just committed to Albany.  Guess he met all those little nitty bitty ncaa rules.....

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
He just committed to Albany.  Guess he met all those little nitty bitty ncaa rules.....

Committing is not playing. Nonetheless, he may have. But Herman’s claims were dead wrong, that’s all. Don’t make this about make believe land

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »
Committing is not playing. Nonetheless, he may have. But Herman’s claims were dead wrong, that’s all. Don’t make this about make believe land
Whateva... #JBnews. Seriously, this is your first straight forward post in eons.  Welcome back.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »
I simplified a very complex rule for the purposes of a post. This is  a message board and it is not necessary to write things like a prospectus. I understand these rules as well as any one on this board including yourself as I have been a D-1 athlete and had 3 kids who had to navigate all of the bs of the NCAa.

I get that your an accountant and like precision. I hire a lot of accountants at my company and we do well so there is definitely a role for a person who pays attention to details.
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
I simplified a very complex rule for the purposes of a post. This is  a message board and it is not necessary to write things like a prospectus. I understand these rules as well as any one on this board including yourself as I have been a D-1 athlete and had 3 kids who had to navigate all of the bs of the NCAa.

I get that your an accountant and like precision. I hire a lot of accountants at my company and we do well so there is definitely a role for a person who pays attention to details.

You’re vs your

Sorry, I didn’t realize your post was a brief high-level summary; thought it was a research report!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »
Conversation at the Sultan household this morning.

Wife:  Did you see that Dwyane Wade is getting his degree? That must be why he has been around the team so much lately.

Me:  No I didn't. That's cool. He also knows coach Wojo well when he was on the Olympic team.

Wife:  <blank stare>

Me:  You know, when Coach K was the Olympic head coach and Wojo was one of his assistants?

Wife:  I meant Ron Dayne

Me:    :P

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2018, 12:05:58 PM »
Conversation at the Sultan household this morning.

Wife:  Did you see that Dwyane Wade is getting his degree? That must be why he has been around the team so much lately.

Me:  No I didn't. That's cool. He also knows coach Wojo well when he was on the Olympic team.

Wife:  <blank stare>

Me:  You know, when Coach K was the Olympic head coach and Wojo was one of his assistants?

Wife:  I meant Ron Dayne

Me:    :P

SMH

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2018, 12:01:58 PM »
All Greek to me.  'splain in English, por favor.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »
Interesting pick up for Creighton. SE Missouri State guard Denzel Mahoney. Was injured in the run up to his senior season and thus fell off the radar of many schools. Was All Ohio Valley last year. Seems like a good fit for Creighton.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/denzel-mahoney-transfers-to-creighton-looking-for-chance-to-prove/article_6f149138-fe67-5d7e-9fb2-9407c529b916.html

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Former-Southeast-Missouri-State-guard-Denzel-Mahoney-is-getting-close-to-coming-to-a-decision-on-his-transfer-destination-118315974
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2018, 07:28:17 PM »
A nice  rim protection transfer pick up for Seton Hall from Florida State. Looking forward to seeing Ike versus Ike in the future....
https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2018/05/17/seton-hall-basketball-ike-obiagu/619284002/
            ---Al McGuire