[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Traditional Transfer Tracker  (Read 43612 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] Traditional Transfer Tracker
« on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:39 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2018/04/03/2018-transfer-tracker-april-3rd-edition/

We already got the free agent tracker up and running. Here is our list/analysis of the top 15 available traditional transfers (surprise, Marquette is recruiting two of them). We have 15 bonus names on there as well. This list has everything, point guards, wings, forwards, centers, and even a scoop Easter egg or two if you look hard enough.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Traditional Transfer Tracker
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
I don't think you know how to define "traditional"

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
 Which one comps out to Derrick Wilson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
I am all for Carton or Wilson in the 2019 class, but grabbing a traditional transfer PG (in addition to a grad transfer point) wouldn't be bad idea. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 12:27:35 AM »
This may seem way out there but how about Isiah Brown as a transfer from Northwestern? Thought he was a tremendous talent his freshman year, but for whatever reason didn't seem to click with the Northwestern coaching staff this season and saw his minutes drop.

He could just be terrible, but he's a slashing point guard with decent height.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 08:58:21 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2018/04/03/2018-transfer-tracker-april-3rd-edition/

We already got the free agent tracker up and running. Here is our list/analysis of the top 15 available traditional transfers (surprise, Marquette is recruiting two of them). We have 15 bonus names on there as well. This list has everything, point guards, wings, forwards, centers, and even a scoop Easter egg or two if you look hard enough.
Any pogo sticks on this list? We need a 6-7 6-8 strong athletic type who can compliment some of the softer type players we have  .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 09:08:18 PM »
Any pogo sticks on this list? We need a 6-7 6-8 strong athletic type who can compliment some of the softer type players we have  .

Meh. We need a PG.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »

So he can squish them?

MuMark

• All American

Tha Hound

• All American
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:02:57 PM by Tha Hound »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
I like that, though i would prefer Carr.

Agreed.

I'm not convinced we need a traditional transfer PG but certainly wouldn't mind it. I'm a fan of best player available for our second scholarship.
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »

Ed Morrow?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:06 PM »
Should we have a new thread for traditionals that transfer traditionally?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 03:43:19 PM »
Ed Morrow?
Ed, Theo, Sam, Joey.  MUFINY knows this, his post is more of his performance art schtick.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuMark

• All American
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:52:32 PM by MuMark »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »

for the record-are pogo sticks traditional or non traditional?
don't...don't don't don't don't

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/cjmoorehoops/status/982285574248677376?s=21

This tweet is written weird...first it makes it sound like he is visiting Iowa State, MU and Grand Canyon all this weekend...LOL Second of all, if you read the comments CJ Moore(the author of the tweet) responds to an Iowa State fan asking if there as an official visit set to Iowa State yet, and he says No just the in home, so I THINK this tweet is just referring to who he has in home visits with, although it isn't written that way  ?-(.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »
So while on other college basketball themed corners of the internet, I came across this graphic:

I can’t speak for its accuracy, but a few things pop out.  North Carolina hasn’t had transfers out since 2010 (why leave if you get to play basketball without ever going to class?).  There are successful teams with many transfers (Virginia) and few (UNC).  There are bad teams with many transfers (BC) and few (Georgia Tech).

So I thought I’d compare this to the Big East.  I calculated this by looking at recruiting classes and rosters.  If you were in the “recruiting class”, appeared on the roster, but were not on the roster for four (or five) years, you’re on the list, even if you didn’t “transfer” to another school.  I also didn’t dig deeply to see who is transferring this year, but I included the ones I know about, like Froling and Lovett.  I guarantee I made mistakes, but this should give you an idea.

Villanova: 4
Butler: 7
Creighton: 7
Georgetown: 7
Providence: 8
Xavier: 8
Seton Hall: 9
DePaul: 11
Marquette: 11 (Froling, Cheatham, Carter, Cohen, Du Wilson, Burton, Dawson, Taylor, Ferguson, Jones, Smith)
St. John’s: 12

This list, which took me way too long to put together, looks a lot scarier than the ACC list, since the teams at the bottom of this list have been mostly bad.  Butler weathered two coaching changes with only seven transfers!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
Missed a few for Marquette. Jeronne Maymon, Jameel McKay and Gabe Levin off the top of my head.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
Missed a few for Marquette. Jeronne Maymon, Jameel McKay and Gabe Levin off the top of my head.

Maymon was recruited before 2010. I didn’t count guys who never appeared on a roster, most teams had 2-3 of those too

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 01:48:59 PM »
North Carolina may have had no true transfers,  but they've had a few players transfer after discipline issues. For example Jalek Felton didn't get kicked out,  but he was suspended from the team and decided to transfer before going through the conduct process.
TAMU

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »
So while on other college basketball themed corners of the internet, I came across this graphic:

I can’t speak for its accuracy, but a few things pop out.  North Carolina hasn’t had transfers out since 2010 (why leave if you get to play basketball without ever going to class?).  There are successful teams with many transfers (Virginia) and few (UNC).  There are bad teams with many transfers (BC) and few (Georgia Tech).

So I thought I’d compare this to the Big East.  I calculated this by looking at recruiting classes and rosters.  If you were in the “recruiting class”, appeared on the roster, but were not on the roster for four (or five) years, you’re on the list, even if you didn’t “transfer” to another school.  I also didn’t dig deeply to see who is transferring this year, but I included the ones I know about, like Froling and Lovett.  I guarantee I made mistakes, but this should give you an idea.

Villanova: 4
Butler: 7
Creighton: 7
Georgetown: 7
Providence: 8
Xavier: 8
Seton Hall: 9
DePaul: 11
Marquette: 11 (Froling, Cheatham, Carter, Cohen, Du Wilson, Burton, Dawson, Taylor, Ferguson, Jones, Smith)
St. John’s: 12

This list, which took me way too long to put together, looks a lot scarier than the ACC list, since the teams at the bottom of this list have been mostly bad.  Butler weathered two coaching changes with only seven transfers!
What should stand out here is the bottom three also seem to have been playing in the first round of Big East tournament.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
@GoodmanESPN: Utah State transfer Koby McEwen has a final 3 of Creighton, Grand Canyon and Marquette, sources  told ESPN. Averaged 15.6 points per game last season.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
@GoodmanESPN: Utah State transfer Koby McEwen has a final 3 of Creighton, Grand Canyon and Marquette, sources  told ESPN. Averaged 15.6 points per game last season.

Have to think that with Wojo talking to Carton and Watts that Koby is leaning our way, yes? It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback