[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Activity Trackers  (Read 3351 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Activity Trackers
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:41:02 AM »
I've owned a Fitbit for a couple of years.  Currently have a Charge 2.  I get a less than a year with the wrist band before they break.  The band I have on now is a replacement, and broke after a couple of months.  Fitbit refuses to replace the band, which makes the product useless.  Abosolutely horrible customer service.  I'll never own another Fitbit product.

Time to look for a different brand activity tracker.  Looking for recommendations on other brands.  I enjoy features that include tracking sleep and sync to an iPhone to display calls, messages,etc.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Activity Trackers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
I'm not familiar with their current offerings in activity trackers, but I used Polar HR monitors for years and always had great customer service experiences. I see they offer activity trackers....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
I have an Alta and the band broke after about 6 months.

But to me, it seems kind of silly to drop a hundred or two on a new fitness tracker when you can buy a new band on Amazon for ten bucks.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
I have an Alta and the band broke after about 6 months.

But to me, it seems kind of silly to drop a hundred or two on a new fitness tracker when you can buy a new band on Amazon for ten bucks.

Principle.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:37:27 AM by real chili 83 »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:17:06 PM »
I've owned a Fitbit for a couple of years.  Currently have a Charge 2.  I get a less than a year with the wrist band before they break.  The band I have on now is a replacement, and broke after a couple of months.  Fitbit refuses to replace the band, which makes the product useless.  Abosolutely horrible customer service.  I'll never own another Fitbit product.

Time to look for a different brand activity tracker.  Looking for recommendations on other brands.  I enjoy features that include tracking sleep and sync to an iPhone to display calls, messages,etc.

My wife's band broke a few weeks ago, I ordered 10 of different colors on Amazon for about $15.  She said they are fine.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »
I've had great success with Fitbit's customer service in the past.  They've replaced a few for me out-of-warranty for free.  Wonder if that's a new stinginess.  I haven't used one in a few years, since the last one broke.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 07:40:44 AM »
I've had great success with Fitbit's customer service in the past.  They've replaced a few for me out-of-warranty for free.  Wonder if that's a new stinginess.  I haven't used one in a few years, since the last one broke.

Just pisses me off.  It seems they designed the band to breakdown so you have to replace it to keep your $100+ investment functional. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »
Just pisses me off.  It seems they designed the band to breakdown so you have to replace it to keep your $100+ investment functional.

Just like Apple batteries...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 09:23:17 AM »
Just like Apple batteries...

Except that you can easily replace a Fitbit band, and you don't even have to buy the band from Fitbit.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »

Can you get a guarantee that the bands on other devices don't break?
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
Can you get a guarantee that the bands on other devices don't break?

I'll let you know when I do my research.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
Except that you can easily replace a Fitbit band, and you don't even have to buy the band from Fitbit.

The original Fibit Charge you couldn't switch out the bands, and mine capped the bed after about 18months or so.

I have the Alta now, and agree with you, much better product, and swapping out the bands is easier.

Chili, I agree in principal with you, was originally pissed about the quality of my original Charge, but swallowed that principle at Fitbit is such a superior product and the Alta HR is great.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 12:15:17 PM »
Anyone familiar with the app "ViaFit"????   Wife and I just bought a new elliptical for the home and only downside is that it doesn't have any logging/tracking abilities.  This was a big downer for me because I want to see empirical data that I can compare to objective results.

My wife has an Alta... not sure that's going to be of any help for her on the new machine.  The sales rep suggested the ViaFit app... just take a screenshot of the display when you're finished, and it automatically saves/archives the data.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 12:23:31 AM »
Just curious, what is breaking on your bands?  I’ve had a Charge 2 for maybe two years and a Charge 1 and Flex before that. I’ve never once broken a band. With the expection of when I shower or swim, I wear it every second of everyday.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »
Just curious, what is breaking on your bands?  I’ve had a Charge 2 for maybe two years and a Charge 1 and Flex before that. I’ve never once broken a band. With the expection of when I shower or swim, I wear it every second of everyday.

It breaks down right where it connects to the tracker.  It doesn't stay secured.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
It breaks down right where it connects to the tracker.  It doesn't stay secured.

Yup