Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chris Carrawell to Duke  (Read 10720 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Chris Carrawell to Duke
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 08:08:10 PM »
So much for the congeniality among Duke tree programs?

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »

You didn't say "my contacts weren't impressed with him."  You simply made a statement without any substance.

So I'm going to dismiss your comments without substance behind them.

Or you couldve simply asked for clarification before taking your typical arrogant, dismissive approach. But that wouldn’t fit your personality.

I stand by what I said.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
Or you couldve simply asked for clarification before taking your typical arrogant, dismissive approach. But that wouldn’t fit your personality.

Nah.  Make your comments clear.  Otherwise they're just silly nonsense.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »
So much for the congeniality among Duke tree programs?

Could have been totally congenial. I'm sure K called and spoke to Wojo first. Might even be a situation where Carrawell gets better set to earn a HC job while opening up room for an assistant Wojo was hoping to bring in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 08:34:17 PM »
Could have been totally congenial. I'm sure K called and spoke to Wojo first. Might even be a situation where Carrawell gets better set to earn a HC job while opening up room for an assistant Wojo was hoping to bring in.
Bingo.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 09:12:16 PM »

I'm confident that's exactly how it went.  Coach K isn't cutting Wojo at the knees.  These guys talk every week.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »
Chris is the "good guy" on staff, the players' conduit.  He wanted to get back East with his family situation.  I expect Nelson leaves too as he is ready. I think all enjoyed their stay in MKE, if not pleasantly surprised. I don't think Judson coming here as an advisor was an accident, but planned.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »

I stand by what I said.

sultan's "bedside manor" is brusque.

But really, if you really know something, tell us what you know. Don't make cryptic references to stuff. It's hard to take those kinds of remarks very seriously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
Because Wades knows how coaching contracts are structured...........buyout clauses are always involved.....for both sides.
And because Wade's was a fan of the program when Al was still at St. Johns....WAY before Willie was a fan.  Tenure my man, tenure.

As others have said, it seems like Coach K is making sure his tree is getting a variety of experiences to make them as successful as possible.  Good for K and for Duke.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »
sultan's "bedside manor" is brusque.

But really, if you really know something, tell us what you know. Don't make cryptic references to stuff. It's hard to take those kinds of remarks very seriously.

Because when you make direct references like the Froling news, posters jump on you.  And then six weeks later the same doubters say it was "obvious". 

So you get cryptic or you create a new user name or post from Jimmy Johns. There are many examples where I get cryptic as well. Preseason NIT news. I was literally sitting next to the AD member in Maui feeding me the scoop. Nelson not on recruiting trail recently. I asked "where is Nelson?". Cheatham at and during Maui and moving on for "a family situation". Sam's hip, Rowsey news, Duane transferring a year before it happens, Buzz situation, Vander throwing his crutches down in Maui, etc.

The Scoop Intelligencia goes into shut down mode automatically. The funny thing is most of these posters are as far from the know location wise as can be. I love when they go after Goose, who at this point, belongs to maybe to the First Family of Marquette Basketball. (I don't agree with many of his opinions but agree with his history and perspective).

End of the day, I share less and am cryptic more.  I enjoy the cats swatting at the yarn ball.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
Good luck to Chris at his next stop.  Appreciative for all of his work here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »
Because when you make direct references like the Froling news, posters jump on you.  And then six weeks later the same doubters say it was "obvious". 

So you get cryptic or you create a new user name or post from Jimmy Johns. There are many examples where I get cryptic as well. Preseason NIT news. I was literally sitting next to the AD member in Maui feeding me the scoop. Nelson not on recruiting trail recently. I asked "where is Nelson?". Cheatham at and during Maui and moving on for "a family situation". Sam's hip, Rowsey news, Duane transferring a year before it happens, Buzz situation, Vander throwing his crutches down in Maui, etc.

The Scoop Intelligencia goes into shut down mode automatically. The funny thing is most of these posters are as far from the know location wise as can be. I love when they go after Goose, who at this point, belongs to maybe to the First Family of Marquette Basketball. (I don't agree with many of his opinions but agree with his history and perspective).

End of the day, I share less and am cryptic more.  I enjoy the cats swatting at the yarn ball.

Whatever floats your boat, Doc.

I've always been a believer that if you're gonna share info, then share the info.

But I do respect you, FWIW.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 10:13:07 PM »
Windys statement wasn’t cryptic. It was an opinion without basis.

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »
Windys statement wasn’t cryptic. It was an opinion without basis.

Just bc I didn’t state the basis doesn’t mean it didn’t have basis. Can you at least agree on that?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »
Whatever floats your boat, Doc.

I've always been a believer that if you're gonna share info, then share the info.

But I do respect you, FWIW.

For the record, I post only under Blackheart.  But, others may choose not to (team manager). I understand that. That said, an anonymous screen name gives me no credibility but it gives me consistency.

You, Mike, you are an award winning pro, so I respect your burden of objective journalism. I am just saying why folks do what they do.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
He was a suit on the bench. Wish him good luck, but not a loss in any way.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:45 PM »
Dr. B

Thanks for the shout out. Far from first family, definitely not for most on here, and love MU ball like all on here. I have some insight on history, but few care anymore. Like you, I want the best for program.

FYI— far from first family, but a million “real life” experiences that I would not trade for anything!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »
Dr. B

Thanks for the shout out. Far from first family, definitely not for most on here, and love MU ball like all on here. I have some insight on history, but few care anymore. Like you, I want the best for program.

FYI— far from first family, but a million “real life” experiences that I would not trade for anything!!

Can't think of any others at this point after Linda passed.  Best!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
I'm confident that's exactly how it went.  Coach K isn't cutting Wojo at the knees.  These guys talk every week.

Maybe the deal is there's   a Player to be named Later :Dhttps://www.muscoop.com/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
For the record, I post only under Blackheart.  But, others may choose not to (team manager). I understand that. That said, an anonymous screen name gives me no credibility but it gives me consistency.

You, Mike, you are an award winning pro, so I respect your burden of objective journalism. I am just saying why folks do what they do.

Pretty damn good for a non-Milennial who didn’t get to live through everyone-gets-a-trophy week.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »
Pretty damn good for a non-Milennial who didn’t get to live through everyone-gets-a-trophy week.

Mike's rant on Erin Andrews is a classic.  Nice guy in person too. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 10:49:18 PM »

I stand by what I said.

When one of us says, "addition by subtraction" regarding a PLAYER, it's a bit of a harsh assessment, even if true. We can make it because it's all there for us to see. I may have said it here or aloud once or twice, and regretted it, as most MU kids (sans maybe toddler) lay out their heart and soul for our program. Still, while effort is great, we all can see the player's on-court results/resume, and sometimes the harsh assessment fits, even when it merely describes individual skill or game performance and in no way makes a comment about the player's "fit", "character" or team chemistry.

When one of uses "+ by -" regarding a COACH, it's every bit as harsh, yet sometimes every bit as true. However, since the asst's handiwork is not visible to us (other than Scoopers seeing the general skills of the players he's been working with), when a poster makes this claim, it implies that the "author" has detailed evidence from specific sources that said coach is not getting the job done. Maybe his work ethic is lacking. Maybe his approach has gotten stale. Maybe he can't relate to players or other coaches, nor can they relate to him. Absent sources and specifics, we probably should refrain from saying it. I doubt the phrase fits for CC, but I have zero contacts who could attest.

I think that's all Sultan was getting at. I've never met the guy, I don't have a dog in this fight. Just think he keeps the board honest. I have problem with brevity (like here, lol) and he called me on it once, and he was right. We have a healthy board here. I can't say one poster really gets to me. Ok, maybe Tugg and his love of self-driving vehicles (and his penchant for lumping suburbanites into the "Luddite" category, lol). Na, he's ok. Best board in college basketball from the 20 or so I've perused. MU82 just summed things up extremely well above. Let's all see each others value. If we were "in person", sure we'd want to reach out and smack each other, that's often the nature of confident opinion givers and divergent personalities....which is what a message board is all about. Remember that in person, though, raised voices (at least at MU rah rah) almost inevitably lead to raised beer mugs and rarely fists. But if Sultan or WCGE take off their wristwatches....look out. :-)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:51:01 PM by ZenyattasTapitColt »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »

Are we sure Wojo didn't call Coach K and use his mind games to get Coach K to hire Carrawell?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 08:12:46 AM »
DT2MU
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2018, 08:22:17 AM »
DT2MU

What kind of coach is Thorson.