Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Point guard  (Read 8014 times)

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
Re: Point guard
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »
TA or someone else will be caught in a numbers game in Madison and will not be happy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
I hope Trevor Anderson is getting loads of playing time for the Badgers in the coming years.  Only a good thing for MU if that's happening.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM »
I agree good for him. If he plays well maybe he can earn a scholarship down the road.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
If there were a player at almost any other high school in WI, that got no high major offers, went to UWM, put up decent numbers, but decided to transfer and walk on at Minnesota, would he be getting this much attention? I do not think so.

TA is attracting attention on here because of 2 reasons. 1, he played high school ball with Sam and Joey. 2, he's transferring to our in state rivals.  I'm sure Wojo saw him play multiple times when he was recruiting Sam and Joey, and if Wojo didn't think he was worth an offer, I'd trust that.

There are literally dozens if not hundreds of other possible guard targets in other threads, let's focus on them okay?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:18:57 PM by Its DJOver »
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 07:12:09 PM »
MU is the leader for DJ Carton of Bettendorf,Iowa.Class of 2019 class.That is why an ideal grad transfer is preferred.

247 says Wisconsin is the leader for Carton.

Don't know if that's true or not, just reporting what they're saying.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »
247 says Wisconsin is the leader for Carton.

Don't know if that's true or not, just reporting what they're saying.

Who are we the leader for,then, if any?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
MU is the leader for DJ Carton of Bettendorf,Iowa.Class of 2019 class.That is why an ideal grad transfer is preferred.

Source?

He's speaking the truth.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 09:58:40 PM »
He's speaking the truth.

Well, that's nice to hear.  Hopefully Wojo can seal the deal.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »
He's speaking the truth.

I am not a recruiting guy. All I know is what I read on a couple of sites, including this one.

Why is 247 saying that Wisconsin is 80% likely to get this kid and Marquette only 20%? Does 247 have an agenda, or are they just wrong?

Serious, non-snarky questions. I'm just trying to learn.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
I'm no expert either, but not one of those predictions are dated as recent at this high school season.  But the most recent interviews found on the internet talk about him visiting Iowa and Indiana during the season.

It's almost like those predictions are complete guesses and old ones at that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
I am not a recruiting guy. All I know is what I read on a couple of sites, including this one.

Why is 247 saying that Wisconsin is 80% likely to get this kid and Marquette only 20%? Does 247 have an agenda, or are they just wrong?

Timing and who made the predication matta. First prediction was Evan Flood, notorious Bucky homer. 2nd two predictions came right after Carton attended a basketball camp at UW and received an offer. Could be they heard something "insider", more likely they just saw a headline of three star kid from Iowa (before he blew up) receives an offer while attending UW basketball camp and decided to log a prediction, after all they can change it at any time. The last UW prediction was Jerry Meyer, a "national recruiting expert" which is code for "talks to the local guys  and follows their lead." The most recent prediction is Mark Miller saying MU. The prediction didn't seem to correspond with any public knowledge events...which could mean "insider" information....or it could mean that Mr. Miller just had a gut feeling while taking his morning dump.

All that is to say, Crystal Ball is good for a vague idea of whose persuing a recruit but not actually who is "leading."

AC has shown he knows his stuff around the recruiting scene in the past, and FWIW I've heard the staff is pretty optimistic about Carton.

There was also this article: https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/bbmen-recruiting/2018/02/01/dj-carton-basketball-recruiting-iowa-illinois-minnesota-missouri-marquette-wisconsin-indiana/1087322001/. It's just one interview but it paints a pretty warm picture for Marquette (and somewhat of a lukewarm one for the others).
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »

Paging Jay Bee!  Guess it’s been too long since you’ve ‘splained the Crystal Ball to these fools.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
Paging Jay Bee!  Guess it’s been too long since you’ve ‘splained the Crystal Ball to these fools.
Do I really have to put in the effort to use teal? I thought it was pretty obvious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 11:29:23 PM »
Timing and who made the predication matta. First prediction was Evan Flood, notorious Bucky homer. 2nd two predictions came right after Carton attended a basketball camp at UW and received an offer. Could be they heard something "insider", more likely they just saw a headline of three star kid from Iowa (before he blew up) receives an offer while attending UW basketball camp and decided to log a prediction, after all they can change it at any time. The last UW prediction was Jerry Meyer, a "national recruiting expert" which is code for "talks to the local guys  and follows their lead." The most recent prediction is Mark Miller saying MU. The prediction didn't seem to correspond with any public knowledge events...which could mean "insider" information....or it could mean that Mr. Miller just had a gut feeling while taking his morning dump.

All that is to say, Crystal Ball is good for a vague idea of whose persuing a recruit but not actually who is "leading."

AC has shown he knows his stuff around the recruiting scene in the past, and FWIW I've heard the staff is pretty optimistic about Carton.

There was also this article: https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/bbmen-recruiting/2018/02/01/dj-carton-basketball-recruiting-iowa-illinois-minnesota-missouri-marquette-wisconsin-indiana/1087322001/. It's just one interview but it paints a pretty warm picture for Marquette (and somewhat of a lukewarm one for the others).

Thanks for the answer, TAMU. I also saw that article, and I agree that he had more nice things to say about MU and Wojo than any of the others schools/coaches.

If the kid is good, I hope we get him.

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 11:58:51 PM »
Can we please get back to the topic of why Trevor Anderson isn't on our roster?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 06:41:09 AM »
#crystalballfreethrowsnomatta
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 07:15:35 AM »
Not sure if this was supposed to be in jest, but I'll bite. It's possible he was offered a 3 for 4 or 2 for 4 deal. I thought the other thing was Gard was trying to pay his dues to the state a little, with hopefully getting a little more equity with Joey while that was still undecided.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 07:46:33 AM »
Not sure if this was supposed to be in jest, but I'll bite. It's possible he was offered a 3 for 4 or 2 for 4 deal. I thought the other thing was Gard was trying to pay his dues to the state a little, with hopefully getting a little more equity with Joey while that was still undecided.

Right.  Wojo had one scholarship available for 2018-19 when Anderson transferred to UW - and he was holding it for Joey.

Or maybe Wojo just doesn't think he's good enough.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
Bucky just gotta commitment from Rod Strickland's kid ta play 1. Figurin' dey bee dunn wit dat spot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 08:14:24 AM »

Its no coincidence that his transfer was announced and over reported (at least in Madison), while Joey was still uncommitted. Lots of reports seemed to hint at the move being made more-so to "even out" the recruiting of Joey since we already had Sam, they needed someone.  No idea if this was actually the case, but it was hinted multiple times.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 08:25:42 AM »

Because we have better players than him and will be adding better players than him. If he's going to walk on, he went somehwere with much lower in-state tuition, where he would actually have a chance to play, and it's a team he's been rooting for his whole life.

Thread over.

feedback