[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sotg.  (Read 8982 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Sotg.
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
No. Rowsey was pretty poor.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
Btw Rowsey wasn't that bad. At least 4 of his turnovers were due to Heldt dropping the ball which for some reason count as a pg turnover. His shoot selection was also not bad, some days they just don't fall.

Another thing: Not every turnover is a "bad turnover". If the shot clock is at 4 seconds and Rowsey or Howard drops it in low to the post and it gets knocked away and stolen thats not a "bad turnover" just like if one of them chucked it from 20 feet, it may fall or it may not. With 3 seconds on the clock you have to do something though.

Heldt was not dropping the ball.  Each of those times he was simply trying to deal with a lazy, overly-fancy, or completely illogical pass from Rowsey.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
No. Rowsey was pretty poor.

This.  You can almost tell when we're getting Bad Andrew within the first couple minutes.  Too much conversation with officials.  Too lazy on the passes.  Too little listening to coach.  Too much thinking he's simply better than the opponent instead of buckling down and proving it.

As he often does, I bet he'll focus here in the next couple days and we'll get Good Andrew in Sunday.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 11:19:50 AM »
I think you're downplaying the turnover thing a little. As another poster said, I think the stats folks might have missed a couple of earlier ones. And at the end, it actually was 3 straight possessions. On the third, he moved it across midcourt into a double-team, picked up his dribble, jumped into the air and tried to throw a cross-court pass - that is a violation of 3 basic fundamental "laws" on one freakin' play! Thankfully, the ball was deflected out of bounds and we kept possession. He was absolutely lost out there the last minute, almost like he was shell-shocked.

I agree that the absence of Sam was huge.

But I get your overall point, and it's why Markus would be my first choice, too. Then Heldt. Then Cain. Then nobody.

I don't blame Markus for that third one. They showed that replay multiple times. He was getting mugged but the refs weren't calling it for some reason. I also don't penalize players for "should have been turnovers". We kept the ball and took 5 seconds off the clock. It wasn't pretty but it was a positive.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 11:23:55 AM »
So moronic, u realize he didnt pkay point guard for those 39 minutes right?  It doesnt translate.  Even during those 39 minutes he had three turnovers but was only credited for 2. Howard with ball in hands to shoot is good, howard with ball in hands to dribble or distribute is very very very bad.

I don't believe I said he was playing PG the entire time. Rowsey takes a lionshare of the "PG" duties when the two are together but Markus takes them on as well. I don't know what 3rd turnover you are talking about.

Personally, I think this board has a bias against score first guards and has gotten so used to Markus dropping 20+ points that it is written off
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2018, 11:44:20 AM »
Btw Rowsey wasn't that bad. At least 4 of his turnovers were due to Heldt dropping the ball which for some reason count as a pg turnover. His shoot selection was also not bad, some days they just don't fall.

Another thing: Not every turnover is a "bad turnover". If the shot clock is at 4 seconds and Rowsey or Howard drops it in low to the post and it gets knocked away and stolen thats not a "bad turnover" just like if one of them chucked it from 20 feet, it may fall or it may not. With 3 seconds on the clock you have to do something though.

It is a bad turnover when Rowsey passed the ball to Heldt near the 3 point line with 4 seconds on the shot clock.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »
It is a bad turnover when Rowsey passed the ball to Heldt near the 3 point line with 4 seconds on the shot clock.

That was truly a terrible decision. What an awful possession.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2018, 12:47:31 PM »
This.  You can almost tell when we're getting Bad Andrew within the first couple minutes.  Too much conversation with officials.  Too lazy on the passes.  Too little listening to coach.  Too much thinking he's simply better than the opponent instead of buckling down and proving it.

As he often does, I bet he'll focus here in the next couple days and we'll get Good Andrew in Sunday.

It started right off the bat when he didn't get a The Thing call. He was jaw jacking the ref until after the next out of bounds play.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2018, 07:10:31 PM »
Too much thinking he's simply better than the opponent instead of buckling down and proving it.

Completely agree. I thought this was the problem. Total nonchalance early on led to so many of the turnovers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
I don't blame Markus for that third one. They showed that replay multiple times. He was getting mugged but the refs weren't calling it for some reason. I also don't penalize players for "should have been turnovers". We kept the ball and took 5 seconds off the clock. It wasn't pretty but it was a positive.

Come on, TAMU. He dribbled into a double team just inside the frontcourt. He deserved to be mugged! I wanted to mug him!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »
Any update?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire