[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Sotg.  (Read 8730 times)

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Re: Sotg.
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
Rowsey since he led with 6 turnovers and missed how many shots with zero rebounds.
Yep Rowsey

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »
Markus. He was very good for the first 37 minutes.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »
Markus. He was SOTG for 39 minutes. The last minute shouldn't disqualify him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Phuket MU Fan

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:23 PM »
Matt stood out to me for his overall defensive effort.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »
KPom says Markus

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 10:12:01 PM »
Matt Heldt
Honorable Mention Markus
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
Warrior chick

Matt whiffed on a wide open dunk opportunity. I would call that an error.

I give the announcing crew SOTG. They talked up Wojo and MU very well. Only negative, a TV audience of 200 heard it.
Still they were terrible. And 200 on espn, no...
Goal is National Championship

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 10:38:35 PM »
Howard, he played good defense!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »
Matt the man.m he played well - best player on the court

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
Students behind the south basket for STUDS of the Game.  Loved the energy.  Hoping that was a sign of things to come in the new arena.

I had to laugh at the guy dogging the Harvard players for not being able to get "into" Marquette.  It was unfortunate his sign had a grammatical error.  LOL!

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2018, 11:45:46 PM »
Hard to pick anybody.  :-[

I'd go with Heldt. He seemed to play his role pretty well and didn't monumentally screw up like everybody else did at times.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:08 AM »
I know people are frustrated with Howard's last 50 seconds, but seriously it was only the last 50 seconds where he struggled. In the first 39 minutes and 10 seconds he was:

20 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls.

If I got that from my starting PG every night I would be ecstatic.

He struggled in the last minute against the press. Really he just had two bad possessions in a row where he turned it over. 6 bad seconds. I don't think 6 bad seconds should erase the rest of the game....or be used to determine that Howard can never ever be a point guard. Especially when our best weapon against the press (Sam) was out due to injury.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2018, 03:08:42 AM »
1) the fans were awesome! Those students were hilarious!

2) Markus for SOTG. He had a crummy last min. The rest of the game was real solid.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2018, 03:22:57 AM »
Matt was glue.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »
The LAX team stole the show.

I think Markus, Sam, and the gang need to show up and be super fans at a lacrosse game now as a thank you.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2018, 06:41:21 AM »
The LAX team stole the show.

I think Markus, Sam, and the gang need to show up and be super fans at a lacrosse game now as a thank you.

I see that the lacrosse team has a game on Saturday in Ann Arbor. Hopefully they'll be back in time to again support the b-ball team. I agree that the b-ball team needs to go to a lacrosse game.

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2018, 06:51:42 AM »
Cain

Charlotte Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
LAX team, hands down.   The rest of the team was terrible against a terrible Harvard team playing without their best 2 players on the road.   No way this MU team deserved the NCAA.   We were embarrassing last night.  We should have beaten that team by 30 going away.   Bad coaching, bad discipline, bad execution, sloppy - And Rowsey as Senior was terrible with the ball.   Butt should have been pulled and put on the bench.  Way to many defensive lapses gave up easy layups.  Announcers were saying how good our D was - they were also terrible and blind.   Harvard was just bad.  Last two minutes shows that we are in big trouble if we don't pick up a point guard late for next year.   LAX team was by far the best thing of the night.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2018, 07:44:52 AM »
LAX team, hands down.   The rest of the team was terrible against a terrible Harvard team playing without their best 2 players on the road.   No way this MU team deserved the NCAA.   We were embarrassing last night.  We should have beaten that team by 30 going away.   Bad coaching, bad discipline, bad execution, sloppy - And Rowsey as Senior was terrible with the ball.   Butt should have been pulled and put on the bench.  Way to many defensive lapses gave up easy layups.  Announcers were saying how good our D was - they were also terrible and blind.   Harvard was just bad.  Last two minutes shows that we are in big trouble if we don't pick up a point guard late for next year.   LAX team was by far the best thing of the night.

No idea what game you were watching.  The defensive effort was the best since the buy-game season outside of the first and third games v. DePaul.  They had a 19 point lead and let off the gas too early.  It happens.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:10 AM »
I know people are frustrated with Howard's last 50 seconds, but seriously it was only the last 50 seconds where he struggled. In the first 39 minutes and 10 seconds he was:

He struggled in the last minute against the press. Really he just had two bad possessions in a row where he turned it over. 6 bad seconds. I don't think 6 bad seconds should erase the rest of the game....or be used to determine that Howard can never ever be a point guard. Especially when our best weapon against the press (Sam) was out due to injury.

I think you're downplaying the turnover thing a little. As another poster said, I think the stats folks might have missed a couple of earlier ones. And at the end, it actually was 3 straight possessions. On the third, he moved it across midcourt into a double-team, picked up his dribble, jumped into the air and tried to throw a cross-court pass - that is a violation of 3 basic fundamental "laws" on one freakin' play! Thankfully, the ball was deflected out of bounds and we kept possession. He was absolutely lost out there the last minute, almost like he was shell-shocked.

I agree that the absence of Sam was huge.

But I get your overall point, and it's why Markus would be my first choice, too. Then Heldt. Then Cain. Then nobody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Charlotte Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »

No idea what game you were watching.  The defensive effort was the best since the buy-game season outside of the first and third games v. DePaul.  They had a 19 point lead and let off the gas too early.  It happens.

You thinking that our best defensive games of year were against terrible opponents solidifies that it wasn't our defense.  Their two top players were out!  We were competent in D for the first part of Q1 and in Q3 - the rest of the time we stunk the place up, as is our MO under this regime.   But Harvard was bad.   Effort does not = good defense.   Playing inept offensive teams does not = good defense.   Harvard got good looks, and tons of second chances because we don't box out, easy layups, we had horrible rotations.   Harvard also had a ton of unforced TO and they were just plain bad with the ball.   Harvard would have looked bad in a practice against no opponent yesterday.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2018, 08:09:27 AM »

So moronic, u realize he didnt pkay point guard for those 39 minutes right?  It doesnt translate.  Even during those 39 minutes he had three turnovers but was only credited for 2. Howard with ball in hands to shoot is good, howard with ball in hands to dribble or distribute is very very very bad.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
So moronic, u realize he didnt pkay point guard for those 39 minutes right?  It doesnt translate.  Even during those 39 minutes he had three turnovers but was only credited for 2. Howard with ball in hands to shoot is good, howard with ball in hands to dribble or distribute is very very very bad.
you do realize our offense does not have a "traditional", Not in the Chico's  sense, point guard. Howard handled the ball quite a bit in the front.court last night. He played well until the last couple of.minutes.

As an aside, I want to make it my crusade to make it an assist, when a pass leads to a defensive foul and made free throws. Why shouldnt it be?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2018, 09:04:05 AM »
MU82

I agree with you. If you simply look at the stat line, it was job well done. I have said countless times on here, the eye test sometimes does not match the stat line.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2018, 10:46:23 AM »
Btw Rowsey wasn't that bad. At least 4 of his turnovers were due to Heldt dropping the ball which for some reason count as a pg turnover. His shoot selection was also not bad, some days they just don't fall.

Another thing: Not every turnover is a "bad turnover". If the shot clock is at 4 seconds and Rowsey or Howard drops it in low to the post and it gets knocked away and stolen thats not a "bad turnover" just like if one of them chucked it from 20 feet, it may fall or it may not. With 3 seconds on the clock you have to do something though.

feedback