'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Stud of the Game, Please  (Read 5016 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
I'd go Anim for stud of the game
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 11:57:54 PM »
None of them deserve it.
Anim deserved it - 6 of 9 from the floor including a three-pointer and a couple of clutch mid range shots.

He is our best on ball defender you need in a grind game, and I'd take it away from him for leaving stras at the end except that Rowsey said in the post game it was his fault because Anim called the switch on the pick and Rowsey didn't switch.

DePaul did the same thing to Xavier end of the year, losing by only 3 points to almost steal the big east title game from them. They have Howard's number and it appears we don't match up well with them. Glad we someone got out of the dead arena even though my flight and others couldn't get in.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

BM1090

• All American
Re: No Stud of the Game, Please
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 11:58:35 PM »
Depaul is bad. They're 180 RPI before the loss tonight. No need to put lipstick on this pig.

That said, survive and advance is all that matters right now.

RPI doesn't show you how good a team is. Kenpom typically does. They are now 99th in Kenpom. They are not good. But they are legitimately not bad. For reference, Iowa State who everyone says is a GREAT last place team in the Big 12, is 103rd. The ACC has 2 teams worse. The Pac 12 as 4! And Washington is only 1 spot clear at 98. The SEC has 1 in Ole Miss. The Big 10 has 3.

We see DePaul as awful DePaul because of where they were in past years and I understand that. But this year's team is decent and next year's will likely be better.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2018, 12:05:18 AM »
I'll go along with Matt. Played 33 minutes with some tough D, grabbed 6 boards, scored 6 points (on 3-3 shooting), and added a block and an assist with no turnovers. Rowsey hit some big shots, but was careless with the ball (4 turnovers) that helped keep DePaul in the game. Kind of surprised Greg didn't play more. Hope everyone plays a lot better against Nova.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »
Yea, DePaul will be alright next year with Coleman-Lands. Now that being said, Marquette probably should beat them by double digits, but survive and advance.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2018, 12:51:41 AM »
Yea, DePaul will be alright next year with Coleman-Lands. Now that being said, Marquette probably should beat them by double digits, but survive and advance.

Kenpom and Vegas both had MU -5 tonight. We didn't cover but it was never going to be super easy.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2018, 06:33:35 AM »
A win is a win.  Sorry it didn't please everyone how it was won.  Congratulation MU.  Villain-ova next!  Fire Up!  The off season is a long time!

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2018, 06:48:35 AM »
I went to bed at half time. I am therefore not crabby and just happy we advance and improved the bubble chances. Yes, there must be a SOTG when we win. If AR was there at the end to right the ship and ice the game then it should be him. But it seems Anim and Matt played key roles so chosse one and await a better performance against Nova.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 07:28:42 AM »
I know its a routine thing for you, but a guy my age shouldn't have to be paying for a cardiologist!

I recently reduced my stress level by doing the following:
  1) Record the game.

2) View the live game with No sound.  (Takes the announcers Drama out)

3)  I then have the option of watching the replay or deleting it.  Also nice to compare what I seen to what the announcers said, if anything.)
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
So if we won the national championship game like that would everyone be bitching??!!!
Its tournament basketball guys.  No style points.  Was it ugly did we make alot of mistakes? Did some guys not get off the plane?? Did we win?
Yes to all of them.
Onward!!
Rowsey
Cloudcuckooland achieved.   Sand knit is the voice of reason.
I recently reduced my stress level by doing the following:
  1) Record the game.

2) View the live game with No sound.  (Takes the announcers Drama out)

3)  I then have the option of watching the replay or deleting it.  Also nice to compare what I seen to what the announcers said, if anything.)

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:33 AM »
Did we win last night?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
Did we win last night?

Yeah, but some scoopers didn't like it.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »
Did we win last night?
Yeah but not the right way, it was bad so it should count as a lose.
Goal is National Championship

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2018, 09:08:34 AM »
Matt played a pretty good game.   Missed shots me scoring oops, but got some key rebounds that were huge.  The one that DePaul bounced off Howard but it actually bounced off DePaul out of bounds towards the end I think Matt tipped that rebound. 

Big tuna

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2018, 09:28:40 AM »
The Sac Man!
As I keep posting, Sacar is improving. He made several buckets on pull up mid to short range jump shots in the lane.  That is big time stuff . Like his future. 10 points a game,5 rebounds, and good defense.  3 more years.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »

Just like the Final Four run, we only beat Holy Cross by 4 points....  Holy F'ing Cross, and we had 3 future NBA players on that team....  I bet everyone complaining about last night's win, doesn't recognize the Final Four.... 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »
Matt played a pretty good game.   Missed shots me scoring oops, but got some key rebounds that were huge.  The one that DePaul bounced off Howard but it actually bounced off DePaul out of bounds towards the end I think Matt tipped that rebound.
Actually it was a blocked shot and a great one at that
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »

Indeed.

Here's what Chris Mack said after Xavier beat DePaul by 3 points:

As I said to our guys in the locker room, especially our seniors, I'm really happy for them. You know, we're the only team in the conference to win the Big East regular season outside of Villanova. This league is a monster league, so to watch those kids come in on their unofficial visits with their parents and you sell them a dream, and to see that sort of culminate and be outright champs is special.

Here's what he should have said:

DePaul sucks. To beat them by only 3 points ... I'm ashamed to be your coach. Now everybody back on the court. You're running suicides till you puke.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback