[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] That flashing red light?  (Read 1718 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
[Cracked Sidewalks] That flashing red light?
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:27:17 AM »
 The red flashing light? Its the not gonna make the tournament warning light, and it's just gone into overdrive

Not even sure where to start with this post, it was not good before now with a loss to DePaul it is likely over. So we are going to talk about what went wrong in Chicago and what was Wojo thinking. After we go through all the woulda, coulda, shouldas, we turn to the impact this loss has on a potential NCAA bid. We then talk about the next week and whether or not Marquette can win both games to even give them a shot at a tournament bid. We then talk about our favorite memories from the BC since this will be the last regular season game before moving to the new arena. Lastly we spend some time talking about the reports this week regarding bag dropping and cheating by various programs from the vantage point of Marquette. It was not great, but still....Enjoy!

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2018/02/the-red-flashing-light-its-not-gonna.html
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

IrwinFletcher

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] That flashing red light?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:54:56 AM »
I think the only way we get in now is to win the two games next week and then win 2 games in the Tourney, likely against DePaul/SJU and then Xavier.

And even that might not be enough.  Super long shot that this team can put together a 4-game win streak against this type of competition.  I am more worried that this team loses 3 in a row than I am hopeful that they can win 4 in a row.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
I think the only way we get in now is to win the two games next week and then win 2 games in the Tourney, likely against DePaul/SJU and then Xavier.

And even that might not be enough.  Super long shot that this team can put together a 4-game win streak against this type of competition.  I am more worried that this team loses 3 in a row than I am hopeful that they can win 4 in a row.

Highly unlikely. Have we even won 3 conference games in a row this season? 4 is a real stretch.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »
Highly unlikely. Have we even won 3 conference games in a row this season? 4 is a real stretch.

This season?? It has never been done in Wojo's tenure...just think about that...4 years, and have never won 3 BE games in a row.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
This season?? It has never been done in Wojo's tenure...just think about that...4 years, and have never won 3 BE games in a row.

Ouch! Didn't know that. Plus it looks like even if we win out in the regular season, we are on tap to play St. John's in the Wed. game at the Garden, where our record is not praiseworthy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
Nice pod guys as always.  Tone pretty reflective of the sentiment here.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Ouch! Didn't know that. Plus it looks like even if we win out in the regular season, we are on tap to play St. John's in the Wed. game at the Garden, where our record is not praiseworthy.

Well actually, 6th is attainable...but MU has to win both, and Seton Hall has to lose both to Nova and Butler(very possible). Hall will do their part, but sadly, I don't think MU will do theirs.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
Well actually, 6th is attainable...but MU has to win both, and Seton Hall has to lose both to Nova and Butler(very possible). Hall will do their part, but sadly, I don't think MU will do theirs.

I'll admit, 6th scares me just because it's most likely Butler we see in the 3-seed. That team just has our number.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
And the biggest agaony--getting our asses kicked by DePaul. Un frigging excusable.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Why are we even dreaming of 6th? We should be competing for titles!!!!!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.