'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tonight’s Game Thread  (Read 6789 times)

GGGG

• All American
Tonight’s Game Thread
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:30:00 PM »
Was really embarrassing. Some people should maybe try to find a different outlet for their frustrations.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Tonight’s Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:31:19 PM »
Hard to call those people fans, honestly. Things were grim, no doubt. But be a damn fan. They’ll all be in he bandwagon when MU goes 3-1 in the next 4. Even though they shouldn’t be allowed to.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:31:59 PM »
Even though I could not watch the game because I don't get FS Wis, I never even considered going onto the game thread.

I did jump on at the end to give support to Wojo and the guys, but I won't go back and read what our resident arsewipes were saying.

Fans can be critical, of course. But personal attacks and general douchebaggery ... that's the opposite of being fans.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:32:44 PM »
Hard to call those people fans, honestly. Things were grim, no doubt. But be a damn fan. They’ll all be in he bandwagon when MU goes 3-1 in the next 4. Even though they shouldn’t be allowed to.

They won’t be here when they win.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:32:53 PM »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:33:28 PM »
What a win. So damn pumped right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »
They won’t be here when they win.

Why should anyone be?? I would hope, they expect wins..if you expect them, no reason to comment on them, right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
I didn't post in that thread, but MU looked so horrendous through ~25 minutes of play, enough to very much doubt not just the next ~5 games, but the next 35.   

The final 15 minutes was miraculous. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:37:14 PM »
Why should anyone be?? I would hope, they expect wins..if you expect them, no reason to comment on them, right??

Lol

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 11:38:38 PM »
On my part, frustration that it felt like Wojo was over matched in one of the bigger moments of the year. Seeing Howard go down (for potentially an extended period of time) added to that. Howard is one of the only players in basketball capable of carrying a team and coaches alike.

Still not convinced Wojo is a tremendous Xs and Os coach, and one half won't change that. But that was a hell of a second half, and fight I didn't see coming heading into half. This felt like Butler 2.0 before half. Kudos to Wojo for making adjustments to get them off balance. Hope he can carry the progress forward

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Uh...what? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 11:39:26 PM »

As I've recommended before, get laid, even if you have to pay $500 for it. You desperately need a life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 11:39:53 PM »
I never give up on their games, but this was satisfying for a lot of us.  Wojo's in-game adjustments were brilliant this game.  It also shows how sometimes the team over-relies on Howard and Rowsey. 

A lot needed to go right to turn this game around.  But for many of us clamoring for zone, it was satisfying.  Marquette not only was successful, but it allowed them to have more energy on offense.  The rebounding disparity was huge. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2018, 11:40:57 PM »
Some of you guys are totally consumed by what you view as other’s “negativity”. I’ve read more posts calling out “trolls” than I’ve read about the actual game! Kinda funny
No Finish Line

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:06 PM »
We were down in the game chat too but FC kept us up...and Newsie's drink reports.  Wojo seems his best when he throws out the game plan. Strong performance by the lads.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:47:44 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:33 PM »

soooo the only time to post is when they lose? Sounds like you're a very solid MU supporter.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 11:42:33 PM »
Was really embarrassing. Some people should maybe try to find a different outlet for their frustrations.

What’s sadder is you posting about how other people were posting in a posting after a win.

How are you so constantly baffled that fans on a message board can be frustrated and vent anger after/during losses?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
As I've recommended before, get laid, even if you have to pay $500 for it. You desperately need a life.

I have one thank you...so, you have the mindset that they will/should lose every game?? If so, perhaps this isn't the right hobby for you. I expect W's, because ummm, you know that's why they play the games isn't it??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:21 PM »
Some of you guys are totally consumed by what you view as other’s “negativity”. I’ve read more posts calling out “trolls” than I’ve read about the actual game! Kinda funny

I don’t mind negative posts. I mind the mindless insults. It really is embarrassing.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »

You really are a piece of work.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:59 PM »

I don’t mind negative posts. I mind the mindless insults. It really is embarrassing.
Yeah. I mean I could care less. No idea why that would affect you at all. Particularly to the degree that you would post more about that than you would enjoy this win
No Finish Line

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
I have one thank you...so, you have the mindset that they will/should lose every game?? If so, perhaps this isn't the right hobby for you. I expect W's, because ummm, you know that's why they play the games isn't it??

So why can’t you comment on wins?  Do you think this board exists only to complain?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:14 PM »
Yeah. I mean I could care less. No idea why that would affect you at all

Because it is a poor representation of the fan base.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:43 PM »
Had to watch online (thanks for the youtube link, whoever put it up!) and things looked grim when Markus went down. Big win for Wojo, the team and the program - they had every reason to mail it in down 13 in the second half with Markus out of action but refused to quit. McDermott nailed it in his huddle with about 7 minutes remaining when he told his team "Those guys in blue aren't 'supposed to' win but they want it more than you do!" The boys were warriors tonight!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »

Thank you. What a freaking joke.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback