[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tonight’s Game Thread  (Read 6790 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Tonight’s Game Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 11:47:12 PM »
Because it is a poor representation of the fan base.
It’s a poor representation of them as individuals maybe. Although I wouldn’t even go that far. Fans are emotional
No Finish Line

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
It’s a poor representation of them as individuals maybe. Although I wouldn’t even go that far. Fans are emotional

You obviously feel differently than I.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2018, 11:51:15 PM »
You obviously feel differently than I.
Yeah. My post wasn’t even specifically directed at you. There are several on posting rampages attacking the “negative” posters instead of enjoying the win. Weird to me
No Finish Line

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2018, 11:53:31 PM »
Because it is a poor representation of the fan base.

Cool. Get over it. They’re fans. Everyone has them. It’s getting more irritating on here having a separate group of fans telling the other ones not to be mad.

For someone who often tries to stay above it all, you really can’t resist making these small swipes at your perceived antagonizers, can you?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 11:54:15 PM »
I mean I could care less.

If you could care less, then you're not trying hard enough, and potentially care too much.

I couldn't care less about that though.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 11:55:19 PM »
If you could care less, then you're not trying hard enough, and potentially care too much.

I couldn't care less about that though.
Busted. Is I could care less the same as I could give two sh*ts? I need to work on that
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58:26 PM »
So why can’t you comment on wins?  Do you think this board exists only to complain?

I do comment on them, but they don't "wow" me like they do a lot of you. I expect them to win games...not all of them, but a lot of them. Tonight's win was magnificent, and probably the best win in the Wojo era, I stated that in the game thread...that good enough for you almighty one??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58:48 PM »
Warriors! Brothers (and Chick, Mom, and Jutwa)! Now is not the time for this. We are all Marquette fans. We show our love in different ways. Some prefer to share their disappointment, others their joy. Neither is the better fan, just a different fan. Sure I get annoyed at it too but now is the time to celebrate! For we thought our team died upon Markus' hip! Instead, they rose again the next half! Now is a time for all Scoop brethren (and Chick, Mom, and Jutwa) to come together in celebration.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2018, 12:08:42 AM »
Warriors! Brothers (and Chick, Mom, and Jutwa)! Now is not the time for this. We are all Marquette fans. We show our love in different ways. Some prefer to share their disappointment, others their joy. Neither is the better fan, just a different fan. Sure I get annoyed at it too but now is the time to celebrate! For we thought our team died upon Markus' hip! Instead, they rose again the next half! Now is a time for all Scoop brethren (and Chick, Mom, and Jutwa) to come together in celebration.

Nonsense, TAMU. You are one of the better ones.

I like the attempts at unity, though. Thanks.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 12:11:33 AM »
A measured, rational, thoughtful perspective. Thanks TAMU. Well done as usual
No Finish Line

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 12:13:34 AM »
A measured, rational, thoughtful perspective.
No kidding. Some people just don't belong here

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
Wocky, I need full mod powers in the game thread.  What say you????

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2018, 12:20:48 AM »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:25 AM »
Avoid game threads.

And I thought Wojo had cornered the market on demotivation...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2018, 02:11:59 AM »
Some of you guys are totally consumed by what you view as other’s “negativity”. I’ve read more posts calling out “trolls” than I’ve read about the actual game! Kinda funny

I don’t think it’s trolling. I think it’s being a whiny b!tch. Which is also kinda funny. The comedy is the only reason I kept reading the game thread.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2018, 05:12:47 AM »
Was really embarrassing. Some people should maybe try to find a different outlet for their frustrations.

There are a handful of posters (trolls) that have multiple accounts, they log in and out of switching between names when they thing enough people have put them on ignore.  Quite sad.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 05:20:40 AM »
Uh...what?
what? Here’s what... people comment on the unexpected. Many expect us to play well and win. It’s noteworthy when expectations are not met.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 06:32:55 AM »
what? Here’s what... people comment on the unexpected. Many expect us to play well and win. It’s noteworthy when expectations are not met.

+1000...not sure why that concept is so hard to grasp for sultan
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

connie

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 07:27:39 AM »
I didn't post in that thread, but MU looked so horrendous through ~25 minutes of play, enough to very much doubt not just the next ~5 games, but the next 35.   

The final 15 minutes was miraculous.
Totally agree.  And Scoop is tame compared to the Blue Jay board.  Great job all around--players and coaches changed it up and pulled off a great win.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 07:54:21 AM »

Well that's just strange.  Unexpected things only happen when they lose?  There was unexpected things in last night's game.  The switch to zone.  Sacar's game.

But people in the game threads just bitch when things are going bad.

+1000...not sure why that concept is so hard to grasp for sultan

The concept isn't hard to grasp.  The oddness of it is. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 08:17:23 AM »

Well said, brother TAMU. Fans deal with in game up and downs differently but we should celebrate or commiserate together once the game is over. Those "embarrassed" by their fellow MU fans might want to instead reflect on all the embarrassing things they themselves have posted in the past - I won't hold my breath, though!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Why should anyone be?? I would hope, they expect wins..if you expect them, no reason to comment on them, right??
What a tosser
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »
Great win last night.  Quality win, quadrant 1 win, on the road, hostile environment, down 16, #1 scorer with brutal injury, nothing is looking good for 25 minutes, WIN that gives hope for 2018 and 2019.  Unexpected and really fun.

But people have gone equally over-board on this win than any loss.  It's one game, one shining moment for the team and coach in a season full of performances that make MU worthy of their 6-8 record. 

Welcome aboard the MU Scoop roller-coaster.  Admission is two beef n cheddars.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
Well said, brother TAMU. Fans deal with in game up and downs differently but we should celebrate or commiserate together once the game is over. Those "embarrassed" by their fellow MU fans might want to instead reflect on all the embarrassing things they themselves have posted in the past - I won't hold my breath, though!

I'm good.  You should look in a mirror however.

feedback