[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Howard!  (Read 19859 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Howard!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »
Maybe a herniated disc. C spine a1n@

Cervical disc herniation? Highly unlikely given the injury and subsequent demonstrated symptoms.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2018, 05:16:08 PM »
They can sign waivers this is true. I have no idea if the team actually does. General rule of thumb is to wait on disclosing any information that could be protected until it is necessary. There is no reason for Marquette to rush announcing Markus' condition
The players are all given a very long detailed medical questionnaire, along with various other disclosures for health insurance etc This packet contains various release forms relating to health. Includes things like sickle cell anemia and other matters.  Of course that does not mean the school will release this information.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
I'm thinking chick might be right: Markus is going through perimenopause.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
I'll join the speculation and, based on personal experience, suggest a sacroiliac subluxation.
You mean Sacaraminia Substitution?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »
I missed the game. What happened? Video?

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »
Wow, what a different hit. It was like an atomic knee to the front of his pelvis/hip. I wonder if it was more that then the fall.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
What is the benefit of letting the opponent know of his condition?

He is the leading scorer in the Big East.  His status will affect the line for the St. John’s game.

So go ahead and say nothing and encourage an unscrupulous bettor to bribe someone in the Al to get inside info.  If the line is set wrong, assuming he is out when he is not, it will worth it to slip a grad assistant a few hundred for a text (or Snapchat so it disappears).

Haven’t we seen enough betting scandals around college basketball?  Why do we need to open ourselves to another one?

How about season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets?  His status could affect resale price.

And to answer all the nerds that want to impress that they can properly spell HIPPAA.

Just call it an “injury” and give a preliminary status to his availability on Wednesday.  That’s all. Details are not important, his status is what is important.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:57:22 PM by Tugg Speedman »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 11:22:39 PM »
He is the leading scorer in the Big East.  His status will affect the line for the St. John’s game.

So go ahead and say nothing and encourage an unscrupulous bettor to bribe someone in the Al to get inside info.  If the line is set wrong, assuming he is out when he is not, it will worth it to slip a grad assistant a few hundred for a text (or Snapchat so it disappears).

Haven’t we seen enough betting scandals around college basketball?  Why do we need to open ourselves to another one?

How about season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets?  His status could affect resale price.

And to answer all the nerds that want to impress that they can properly spell HIPPAA.

Just call it an “injury” and give a preliminary status to his availability on Wednesday.  That’s all. Details are not important, his status is what is important.

Lol. You serious Clarke?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 11:45:40 PM »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2018, 06:49:22 AM »
Unlike Heisy, I actually know how to spell HIPAA.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2018, 06:53:41 AM »

But did you get your insider betting information yet from the grad assistant?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2018, 06:57:41 AM »
But did you get your insider betting information yet from the grad assistant?

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2018, 07:01:16 AM »

You might want to keep this to yourself

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »
Lol. You serious Clarke?

Why do you think the professional leagues have injury reports and list how much time a player will be out and a “disabled list” to allow replacement players?  All of this is driven by an desire to keep betting sharks from bribing people in the locker room.

Currently their is no line for St. John’s/Marquette on Wednesday, should come up later today.  The sports books will note expectations in the line (like “No Howard“) so if that expectation is wrong, the line is set incorrectly.

Those that bet incorrectly on a line are punished by having to spell HIPPAA.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:05 AM »
You might want to keep this to yourself

With one obvious exception (now two, if you're including yourself), I don't think most people on this board consider correct spelling a negative.  Not sure why you've got a problem with people who actually know how to spell HIPAA.  I work a lot in healthcare, and find the typical misspelling a very useful indicator that I'm dealing with someone who either doesn't know what he or she is talking about or is sloppy.  However, I've never encountered anybody who is aggressively proud of the fact that they don't know how to spell it, or contemptuous of those who do.  As always, Heisy, you're an interesting case.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

burger

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
Shoot.....

I got inside information and bet the prop in Vegas that their would be a wardrobe mal-funcion live on TV in the Ice Dancing competition at the Olympics for the whole world to see.....

So glad I turned off Fergie and her 5 minute strip tease anthem.....

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »
Right hip contusion per Katz!

Doubtful against SJU.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2018, 08:26:14 AM »
Seriously dude, EVRY.SINGLE.TIME.

How is that even possible?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2018, 08:39:50 AM »
With one obvious exception (now two, if you're including yourself), I don't think most people on this board consider correct spelling a negative.  Not sure why you've got a problem with people who actually know how to spell HIPAA.  I work a lot in healthcare, and find the typical misspelling a very useful indicator that I'm dealing with someone who either doesn't know what he or she is talking about or is sloppy.  However, I've never encountered anybody who is aggressively proud of the fact that they don't know how to spell it, or contemptuous of those who do.  As always, Heisy, you're an interesting case.

Nerd

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
For medical matters it’s okay to speak English otherwise please go back to posting like Art Kumbalek Sheboyganese for better comprehension for us on the board.

FTFY

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2018, 11:09:15 AM »
Seriously dude, EVRY.SINGLE.TIME.

How is that even possible?

I'm not impressed you can spell PIHPAA

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Lol. You serious Clarke?

Just read this ...

Seems while you are all laughing at the idea that college sports can be corrupted by betting, despite it long and numerous history of exactly that happening, there is a move to legalize sports betting nationwide (including college) and this has the NCAA very worried that this will affect the integrity of college sports.

So when nationwide sports betting is legalized, and Potawatomi has a big book (including online) on MUBB, should the MU SID continue to take his time to spell HHIPPPAAA correctly rather than getting the info out about the status of the Big East's leading scorer out ASAP?  (again, the specific alignment is not necessary, just his status to the team) The ruling is expected by summer and this could be the case next season.

Again, this is not about letting up an advantage to the opposing team, this is to make everything transparent to keep betting sharks out of the locker room. 

February 19, 2018
College sports warn against moves to legalize betting
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/college-sports-warn-against-moves-legalize-betting-n848856

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:46:58 PM by Tugg Speedman »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »
Just read this ...

Seems while you are all laughing at the idea that college sports can be corrupted by betting, despite it long and numerous history of exactly that happening, there is a move to legalize sports betting nationwide (including college) and this has the NCAA very worried that this will affect the integrity of college sports.

So when nationwide sports betting is legalized, and Potawatomi has a big book (including online) on MUBB, should the MU SID continue to take his time to spell HHIPPPAAA correctly rather than getting the info out about the status of the Big East's leading scorer out ASAP?  (again, the specific alignment is not necessary, just his status to the team) The ruling is expected by spring and this could be the case next season.

Again, this is not about letting up an advantage to the opposing team, this is to make everything transparent to keep betting sharks out of the locker room. 

February 19, 2018
College sports warn against moves to legalize betting
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/college-sports-warn-against-moves-legalize-betting-n848856

Doubling down on it. Awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:30 PM »
Doubling down on it. Awesome.

What is your position on the influence of sports betting on college sports and the need to keep things transparent to keep the wrong people out of the locker room?