[Today at 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[Today at 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Howard!  (Read 19999 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Howard!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
If you're referring to HIPAA, it applies to health care professionals and insurance companies. It might be inappropriate, but unless Scott Kuykendall took up medicine, he's not subject to that.

Under FERPA, an educational institution may not disclose treatment records of its students without permission.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »

Under FERPA, an educational institution may not disclose treatment records of its students without permission.

Yep. He can disclose Markus' playing status but not his medical condition. Likely won't say anything until they can announce everything. Hoping and praying that its just a bad bruise
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 11:26:24 AM »
I literally talked to 5 other PTs last night and couldn't come up with anything definitive.  It's all speculation at this point. He could have been at the hospital last night because centurylink doesn't have an x-ray.

Exactly. Tough to say watching the video.  Maybe no Xray, or maybe no definitive finding on XR and needed more advanced imaging. At first I thought it was the landing, but after watching again my guess is something is torn- looks like injury occurred when he was launching?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »
Exactly. Tough to say watching the video.  Maybe no Xray, or maybe no definitive finding on XR and needed more advanced imaging. At first I thought it was the landing, but after watching again my guess is something is torn- looks like injury occurred when he was launching?

I don’t think so. It pretty clearly looked like a lower back / tailbone injury. And they announced it as a hip injury. I don’t think it’s a leg ligament injury.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
I don’t think so. It pretty clearly looked like a lower back / tailbone injury. And they announced it as a hip injury. I don’t think it’s a leg ligament injury.

Potentially. Just looked to me like he was injured on the way up based on the way he started moving, not the impact. Regardless, we wait.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 01:05:59 PM »
Potentially. Just looked to me like he was injured on the way up based on the way he started moving, not the impact. Regardless, we wait.

The way he was moving was because of Kyrie Thomas pushing him in the lower back.  Put him off balance, and couldn't try to avoid the contact up top by Hegner. 

Kind of like low/high hits in football. 

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
I'll join the speculation and, based on personal experience, suggest a sacroiliac subluxation.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »
As one of da boreds resident doctors, wee kneed ta wayt 5 years ta judge. Aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2018, 01:29:46 PM »
I'll join the speculation and, based on personal experience, suggest a sacroiliac subluxation.

If we're going based on personal experience, I'm gonna say it's hypertension....

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 02:00:51 PM »
Well, in that case, my vote is for prostate cancer - early stages. 

Seriously,  watching the DePaul-Seton Hall game.  Love the announcers. Who are they?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
Not being able to put any weight on his right leg denotes a very serious injury. Wouldn't want to speculate at this point, but don't count on much, if any further contribution this season, from Markus.
For medical matters it’s okay to speak English otherwise please go back to Sheboyganese for better comprehension for us on the board.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »
If we're going based on personal experience, I'm gonna say it's hypertension....

I'm going with perimenopause.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
The SID should not be sending out a tweet regarding Markus' injury.  It's illegal without his permission.

Getting permission doesn't seem like an insurmountable challenge. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
Here's a crazy thought:  Maybe they aren't really sure what the injury is yet?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »

Yep. He can disclose Markus' playing status but not his medical condition. Likely won't say anything until they can announce everything. Hoping and praying that its just a bad bruise

The kids on these teams all sign waivers each year that allow their conditions to be disclosed to news media etc.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
Here's a crazy thought:  Maybe they aren't really sure what the injury is yet?
Which could very well be a good thing. Usually when there’s something obvious/serious seen on imaging, the announcement is made shortly thereafter.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2018, 02:32:55 PM »
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Markus pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
Seriously, it was easier to troop movement information out of the old East Germany than an update on Markus?

How hard it is for the SID to send out a tweet?

And save the "confidentiality" and "further testing" crap.  They knew last night. 

How about starting with if he came home with the team.

What is the benefit of letting the opponent know of his condition?

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »
What is the benefit of letting the opponent know of his condition?

Agreed! It would have been easy to tweet out at halftime last night, "news from the locker room, we think we can frustrate Creighton with a 2-3 zone and bit of full court pressure!" to keep us fans happy - but we don't need Creighton knowing that.

Reminds me, as an old timer, of the outrage among the public when George Allen kicked the Washington Post and other press out of the Redskins practices en route to the Super Bowl.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Markus pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Save Markus!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
The kids on these teams all sign waivers each year that allow their conditions to be disclosed to news media etc.

They can sign waivers this is true. I have no idea if the team actually does. General rule of thumb is to wait on disclosing any information that could be protected until it is necessary. There is no reason for Marquette to rush announcing Markus' condition
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

connie

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 03:03:32 PM »
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »
I'm going with perimenopause.

Maybe pregnancy!

warriorchick