'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The worst part  (Read 4437 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: The worst part
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
Maybe they can use the people walking out as motivation.

With the defense this team doesn’t play they have about as much of a shot to go 6-2 as I do to be chosen Queen of the May.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 10:37:19 AM »
Not sure how you can say it's flat and that the NCAA appearance was a blip. This game was so horrendous that it's got to be the statistical outlier not the "norm". we can still go 6-2 for the balance of the season and have a decent seed in the NCAA and next year's roster is clearly a step up from this years.

I do share the concern that fans just don't seem to care right now....especially considering the investment MU makes in basketball.

Agree with all of this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:48:13 AM »
Maybe they can use the people walking out as motivation.

With the defense this team doesn’t play they have about as much of a shot to go 6-2 as I do to be chosen Queen of the May.

To this point we have played the 11th toughest schedule in the country....even with the likes of Chicago State, American, and Eastern Illinois on our schedule. The rest of the schedule? A cakewalk compared to what we have already been through. We can go 6-2 (though we only need 5-3).

We've also played a top 25 offense 8 times so far this season. I can't prove it without looking at every team's schedule, but I'd be willing to bet that we rank 1st in D1 for that statistic.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:54:56 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
Not sure how you can say it's flat and that the NCAA appearance was a blip. This game was so horrendous that it's got to be the statistical outlier not the "norm". we can still go 6-2 for the balance of the season and have a decent seed in the NCAA and next year's roster is clearly a step up from this years.

I do share the concern that fans just don't seem to care right now....especially considering the investment MU makes in basketball.

While we still have a decent chance to get to the Dance (thanks, Gtown, DePaul , SJU for being so awful we can count on 6 wins!) the bigger issue is being in because of math (yay Kenpom) or being in because you're a contender. 

These past 4 seasons, MU doesn't play like a contender.   We're just a background team filling out the bracket with teams. 

Yeah, MU might get a 50 point performance out of Markus and win a game in March, but any top 40 team is likely going to drop 90 on us and send us off.   At the moment, I don't see an end to that.  Hooray for next year?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »
Wee reely got fooked wen Shaka's wife thru ice on the hole deel, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
While we still have a decent chance to get to the Dance (thanks, Gtown, DePaul , SJU for being so awful we can count on 6 wins!) the bigger issue is being in because of math (yay Kenpom) or being in because you're a contender. 

These past 4 seasons, MU doesn't play like a contender.   We're just a background team filling out the bracket with teams. 

Yeah, MU might get a 50 point performance out of Markus and win a game in March, but any top 40 team is likely going to drop 90 on us and send us off.   At the moment, I don't see an end to that.  Hooray for next year?

Ha, at this point I wouldn't count those as wins yet.....

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »
Indeed, agree.  Besides a one-and-done NCAA blip last year, MU's trend is --at best-- flat. 

In addition to zero new fans from the student population, could alumni angst be at a ~20 year high? 

Maybe 'angst' isn't the right word.  Indifference?  Apathy?

Talk about a declining trend.  I accidentally watched the SLU game last night.  I didn't even realize that I wasn't watching Marquette until about midway through the second half.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
Wow .. graphic video representation of how many people were gone with a third of the game left to play:

https://twitter.com/mubbnation/status/958911685028405248

Just brutal.
Damnit.  The one time I have a legit chance to get a parachute drop!
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »
I'd be careful not to judge brother.  Chick gets 5 hours sleep after 8:15 starts.
#metoo

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Leaving my house at 5 AM (3 AM CT) tomorrow wheels down MKE 4:48 PM CT NMD big win like last year!!
Watched the whole game last night (10 PM - 12 AM) and up by 5:30 to work. We got this! 
Goal is National Championship

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Leaving my house at 5 AM (3 AM CT) tomorrow wheels down MKE 4:48 PM CT NMD big win like last year!!
Watched the whole game last night (10 PM - 12 AM) and up by 5:30 to work. We got this!

Bring a coat newsy.  ;D

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
Bring a coat newsy.  ;D
Layers  ;D northern Mass and MKE downhill skiing was fun North East
Got your Sanse shirts! Salsa Blonde shirts underboard!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »
Wee reely got fooked wen Shaka's wife thru ice on the hole deel, aina?

Abso-freakin-lutely!

Cuz after leading the Longhorns to their exciting 11-22 season in Year 2, he has them on the wrong side of the bubble in Year 3 despite the presence of a 1-and-done center. Why, just a couple weeks ago, they only lost to Huggy Bear by 35.

Scoop woulda been trilled wit alla dat gud stuf, oohna?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:35 PM »
Wheels down MKE! Let's do this!!!!

feedback