collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super Bowl Week... did Brady handle it correctly?  (Read 1706 times)

tower912

• All American
Super Bowl Week... did Brady handle it correctly?
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
I am referring to his handling of a local sports talk radio host calling his 5 year old child a 'pissant'.     In his weekly call in bit with that radio station, he cut it short, diplomatically letting them know why.     

IMO, he handled this with class and restraint.     And kids should always be off limits.    I thought this when the board was all over Riley Crean.   I felt this way about the Bush girls, the Obama girls, and now the youngest Trump child.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Eldon

• All American
Re: Super Bowl Week... did Brady handle it correctly?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
I am referring to his handling of a local sports talk radio host calling his 5 year old child a 'pissant'.     In his weekly call in bit with that radio station, he cut it short, diplomatically letting them know why.     

IMO, he handled this with class and restraint.     And kids should always be off limits.    I thought this when the board was all over Riley Crean.   I felt this way about the Bush girls, the Obama girls, and now the youngest Trump child.

I think it's all a PR stunt.  A lot of non-New England "johnny six-packs" out there don't like Tom Brady; he's got the reputation of being a prima donna.  This PR stunt garners him some sympathy among the casual football fans.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »
I think it's all a PR stunt.  A lot of non-New England "johnny six-packs" out there don't like Tom Brady; he's got the reputation of being a prima donna.  This PR stunt garners him some sympathy among the casual football fans.

Right ... cause six days before the Super Bowl, he's definitely concerned with appealing to non-New England "johnny six-packs" who don't like him. That's the market for the Aston Martins and UGG's he endorses, along with his weird pseudoscience health system.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »

I'm generally not one to defend Brady, but I don't see it.  If he wanted the support of johnny six-pack, he'd get a LOT more mileage by saying he loosened up his diet and now has a steak or a burger once in a while. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 07:39:14 AM »
He did say that he didn’t want anyone fired, but what the radio host did was really stupid-give the guy a pee test and sincerely apologize and maybe rethink the firing, if they do but hard to keep damaged goods. What the hack could a 5 year old have done to this dude.
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 07:42:14 AM »
He did say that he didn’t want anyone fired, but what the radio host did was really stupid-give the guy a pee test and sincerely apologize and maybe rethink the firing, if they do but hard to keep damaged goods. What the hack could a 5 year old have done to this dude.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
He handled it perfectly. For as much of a brand-toting, pseudoscience pusher, cyborg-esque personality that he is (wait am I talking about Brady or Russell Wilson), he's still a human and a father.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
He handled it perfectly. For as much of a brand-toting, pseudoscience pusher, cyborg-esque personality that he is (wait am I talking about Brady or Russell Wilson), he's still a human and a father.

Isn't Gatorade the best? Just the best.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »

Isn't Gatorade the best? Just the best.

Now with more nanobubbles

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 03:23:29 AM »

See what I mean?  The PR stunt is going exactly as planned, perfectly embodied in GB Warrior Six-Pack's quote.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »
Brady's publicist is working overtime!

He's not a super-model-dating prima donna.  He's not some cheating pretty boy.  Rather, he's a downhome country boy.  Aw shucks, maw.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-fondly-recalls-summers-family-rural-minnesota-205157059.html

He's a family man:
https://sports.yahoo.com/family-football-super-bowl-eve-tom-brady-proudly-displays-hes-010132980.html

Make no mistake.  He's 40 years old.  He's positioning for his post-football career.  I'm not knocking him for it; I'm simply pointing out the obvious.  Johnny Six-Pack needs to be able to stand this guy when he is calling games/post-games.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »

I may be a rocket surgeon, but I don’t get this one-someone please ‘splain fer me?  Thanks
don't...don't don't don't don't

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 01:58:36 AM »
I may be a rocket surgeon, but I don’t get this one-someone please ‘splain fer me?  Thanks

Lol

feedback