[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More school shootings (but now's not the time to talk about it)  (Read 15269 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: More school shootings (but now's not the time to talk about it)
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:44 PM »
Agree that there should be paper ballots, always.
Agree completely with this.

Also, voting by mail appears to work very well in Oregon.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
Speaking of Gerrymandering, here's a really fun interactive map from 538 on how you can "manipulate" election results simply by how you draw district maps (and an example why the framers made the Senate the upper/more powerful chamber). Play around with it, it is very interesting and also drives home that Republicans have a "natural" electoral advantage due to population concentration by Democrats.

It is my understanding that California has about 2 million undocumented plus a good amount of documented, but non-citizens. That's at least 3 congressional districts that California gets that are taken away from states that have actual citizens. All perfectly legal.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »
It is my understanding that California has about 2 million undocumented plus a good amount of documented, but non-citizens. That's at least 3 congressional districts that California gets that are taken away from states that have actual citizens. All perfectly legal.
Are we going to do the same for Texas?  Florida?  Arizona?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:31 PM »
IMO, non-voters aren't discouraged by the timing, they're discouraged by politics and hopelessness .. .weekend voting would only have a tiny effect, if at all.

...and many aren't discouraged at all. They're simply uneducated, lazy and don't care.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »
But how 'bout them shootings?

More guns! We need more, more, more!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
Let's make more laws....that law abiding citizens will follow, and those deranged enough to kill random citizens will not care about. 

Something needs to be done.  I agree with that.

GUN laws are not the answer. 

Let the name calling begin.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 02:34:44 PM »
Let's make more laws....that law abiding citizens will follow, and those deranged enough to kill random citizens will not care about. 

So something needs to be done, but not gun laws?  What would you suggest then?

We have laws against robbing banks (or more broadly robbery of any sort), but some people choose not to follow them.  Should we get rid of those laws?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »

We have laws against robbing banks (or more broadly robbery of any sort), but some people choose not to follow them.  Should we get rid of those laws?
No, that would be reckless.  There are thousands of gun laws already, many of which don't get enforced.  There is a high school kid that was just convicted of ARMED robbery in Milwaukee recently and he is still playing HS basketball, because he hasn't been sentenced. (That is a whole extra topic)  Oh, the gun charge was dropped.  That is how seriously judges take more gun laws.

Criminals don't care about gun laws.  Folks with mental health issues don't care either.  The solution to random shootings is very complex and needs to be examined by professionals (not politicians).  Gun laws have been added for years and the issue continues. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
No, that would be reckless.  There are thousands of gun laws already, many of which don't get enforced.  There is a high school kid that was just convicted of ARMED robbery in Milwaukee recently and he is still playing HS basketball, because he hasn't been sentenced. (That is a whole extra topic)  Oh, the gun charge was dropped.  That is how seriously judges take more gun laws.

Criminals don't care about gun laws.  Folks with mental health issues don't care either.  The solution to random shootings is very complex and needs to be examined by professionals (not politicians).  Gun laws have been added for years and the issue continues.
Well if not gun laws, what do you suggest?  Because criminals and folks with mental health issues don't care about ANY laws, it isn't restricted to gun laws.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 07:16:23 PM »
Well if not gun laws, what do you suggest? 

Thoughts and prayers, of course!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »

If we outlaw bank robbery, only outlaws will rob banks.
#nralogic

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »

You admit that something needs to be done and you admit you don't know the answer...but you claim to be so certain that new gun laws aren't the answer.

If the solution is too complicated for you, how can you be so sure that it isn't a gun law that you just haven't considered yet?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »

So just for funsies let's change the aforementioned issue here to global warming. "Global warming is very complex and needs to be examined by professionals (not politicians"). Environmtal laws have been added for years and the issue continues."

See then those professionals said more needs to be done and the right went nuts claiming fake news and fake science. If these "professionals" you want to have fix the problem were to ever discredit your viewpoint on gun laws they'd be thrown under the bus in an instant.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »
I'm gonna try something different in hopes of solving this once and for all. Instead of going with the lame "thoughts and prayers," I'm going to something radical ...

Prayers and thoughts.

See, the problem was that we weren't putting "prayers" first. God surely will take care of this now, especially when she notices the colorful font!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »
Typical of all you guys.

You don't answer any of my legitimate points.  How long has the USA been adding gun laws?  How is that working?

This is the way liberals answer any issue.  Good intentions are the only thing that counts. 

Why aren't you screaming about judges who refuse to enforce gun laws?  No comment on the HS basketball player recently CONVICTED of ARMED ROBBERY, yet is still allowed to play HIGH SCHOOL basketball because he hasn't been sentenced.

How about this.  Criminals have been allowed to get away with gun crimes for so long, they don't give a damn.   How is that for the answer?  You want to weaken the justice system.  Continue to pass laws that you have no intention of enforcing.

I'm done.  I know the vocal minority will be all over me.  The silent majority that agrees with me has the brains to ignore your weak arguments.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2018, 12:06:41 PM »
nm

was gonna say something snarky, but I've said my piece.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2018, 12:29:15 PM »
Thoughts and prayers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
nm

was gonna say something snarky, but I've said my piece.
Does that make you part of the "super smart" silent majority?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
Typical of all you guys.

You don't answer any of my legitimate points.  How long has the USA been adding gun laws?  How is that working?

This is the way liberals answer any issue.  Good intentions are the only thing that counts. 

Why aren't you screaming about judges who refuse to enforce gun laws?  No comment on the HS basketball player recently CONVICTED of ARMED ROBBERY, yet is still allowed to play HIGH SCHOOL basketball because he hasn't been sentenced.

How about this.  Criminals have been allowed to get away with gun crimes for so long, they don't give a damn.   How is that for the answer?  You want to weaken the justice system.  Continue to pass laws that you have no intention of enforcing.

Since you made this blatantly political by attacking me and my fellow liberals, I will respond.

There is ONE Creep in this country who is trying to destroy the Judicial System and the Rule of Law. You are only too anxious to join him.

Common sense should rule this issue. When car traffic deaths spike, we immediately look to the cause and change the law as necessary. The fools and traitors on you side refuse to do the same for gun crimes.

Now, please Mods, lock this thread. (I am sure that rara and the brain surgeon will whine, whine, whine about me in "secret memos" to you, so just close it down now).

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 09:35:03 AM »
Since you made this blatantly political by attacking me and my fellow liberals, I will respond.

There is ONE Creep in this country who is trying to destroy the Judicial System and the Rule of Law. You are only too anxious to join him.

Common sense should rule this issue. When car traffic deaths spike, we immediately look to the cause and change the law as necessary. The fools and traitors on you side refuse to do the same for gun crimes.

Now, please Mods, lock this thread. (I am sure that rara and the brain surgeon will whine, whine, whine about me in "secret memos" to you, so just close it down now).

If only everyone could be more polarizing, categorizing and divisive, we would be more apt to working together to solve issues, right?

Jockey, I’m sorry to be the one that has to break it to you, but you appear to be no liberal.  Liberals are peaceful, tolerant and inclusive while you are simply acting like some vengeful mirror image of an alt-right neo-nazi.

Alt-right or alt-left, you’re all wrong.   
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »
Liberals are peaceful, tolerant and inclusive.

TAMU and Tower qualify. So does 82 (much of the time) and I'm sure some I'm forgetting. But you're right, leftist doesn't = liberal any more than alt right = conservative.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
TAMU and Tower qualify. So does 82 (much of the time) and I'm sure some I'm forgetting. But you're right, leftist doesn't = liberal any more than alt right = conservative.

Much of the thanks, Lenny!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
That is very kind, Lenny
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.