[Today at 09:32:15 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More school shootings (but now's not the time to talk about it)  (Read 15270 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: More school shootings (but now's not the time to talk about it)
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »
Your side would probably need to answer the question you posit about whether it's ok to feel this way about pro choicers or other groups listed. If the answer is yes from your side then I'd say yes to our side.

That being said if anyone is using a gun with that much power to hunt then you aren't a good hunter in the first place and should rethink your hobbies. (Just a general thought)

This is interesting.  Why don't you tell us more about muzzle velocity and guns in general that leads you to this well thought out and informed opinion?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »
Serious question ... how much anti-social behavior must one show before someone acts?

Authority types always say "report suspicious activity" and everyone rolls their eyes because no matter how outrageous the activity, nothing is done about it.

Florida school shooting suspect was ex-student who may have been flagged as threat
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200126034.html
“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said Cruz had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

The Broward County School District Superintendent, however, told reporters on Wednesday afternoon that he did not know of any concerns raised about the student.

As for Gard, he said he believes the school administration earlier sent out an e-mail warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Police-Respond-Marjory-Stoneman-Douglas-High-School-Parkland-474078423.html

In the video they said students were running out of the school saying "Nick Cruz" was shooting.  They knew him and said they were not surprised as they called him "crazy" and they predicted he would do this.

https://twitter.com/WJXTvic/status/963899957559390210
"Everyone predicted it," a student said about the #Parkland shooting.
(another video of another student that knew Nick Cruz and was not surprised.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/bso-17-dead-in-marjory-stoneman-douglas-high-school-shooting/

--------------------

So I ask again, how many more warning signs are necessary to act. And how did a kid with this background get this gun? (I'm asking if he gout it legally)?

But you are not answering the question.....why is your right to own guns greater than these kids rights to live their lives to full completion? 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »

Openly wishing harm on innocent people makes toy the most dangerous person on this board.  I fear you actually intend on acting on this emotion.

You must struggle immensely with comprehension because I didn't wish harm on anyone.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »
ANNNNNND ... another one.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

Right now, it doesn't appear anybody is dead, thankfully.

Making America great again, one mass shooting at a time.

More thoughts, more prayers.

This is really sad. Does everything have to be political? If we can't possibly deport every illegal to solve our immigration problem then how could we confiscate 200 million guns in this country to solve these school shootings; because that is pretty much what it would take to do so.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »
You must struggle immensely with comprehension because I didn't wish harm on anyone.

I'm just tired of it.  F*ck the NRA.  And f*ck you if you support that organization.

This is an aggressive/violent statement.  The fact that you don't understand it is what is the really scary part.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
This is my last post as I expect this thread to close shortly.

This thread, like all the shooting threads before it is why nothing will ever get done.  You think every shooting gives you the right to go off on gun owners with violent speech, condescending talk.  You probably blame me (again) for the shooting because I do not share your extreme minority views.

Bludgeoning someone to agree with you is not the way to find a solution.  But it is obvious, you don't want a solution.,  You want more blood so you can scream and attack.  Because you are more interested in winning the argument than fixing the problem.

The most important thing is to feel superior, right? 

Just watch the attacks this will generate until the thread closes.  They will all be the same, make yourself feel superior.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:23:19 PM by Tugg Speedman »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »
But you are not answering the question.....why is your right to own guns greater than these kids rights to live their lives to full completion?
I cannot believe I am arguing for guns...never owned one, nor do I think non-hunting guns are necessary, but your question is not a fair one. Why not ban alcohol, due to all of the people killed by drunk drivers? 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »
I cannot believe I am arguing for guns...never owned one, nor do I think non-hunting guns are necessary, but your question is not a fair one. Why not ban alcohol, due to all of the people killed by drunk drivers?

and pot