collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super Bowl predictions  (Read 6342 times)

tower912

• All American
Super Bowl predictions
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:57:36 AM »
First of all, congratulations to the Eagles for finishing strong with a journeyman quarterback.   That team played their best game so far on the biggest stage.   Hat tipped. 
Congratulations to the GOATs for yet another double digit fourth quarter comeback.     

New England finishes the job.    Belichick, Brady, and the soon to be departed co-ordinators hold it together for one last ride.    Philadelphia fights, but NE is able to confuse Foles just enough at the right times to get the stops they need.

New England, 35-24
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Super Bowl predictions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »
Superbar.

Pats win.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »
Crap.   My bad.   Mods, please correct my error.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »
The AFC was trash this year. The Eagles have nice balance on offense with big play WR Jeffrey and Smith, a good TE in Ertz, and a good enough running game. Foles is good enough but Philly does have some OL injuries.

The Eagles also have a good front four on D, with depth at DE to rotate fresh pass rushers. The key, as always with Brady, get pressure with the front four and knock him off his spot. Do that and the Eagles win.

Cheese steaks 27
Clam chowder 21

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
Cheering like hell for the eagles.

Know it will be the patriots.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »
Cheering like hell for the eagles.

Know it will be the patriots.

Aren't we all?

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
Nope.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:17:06 AM »
The AFC was trash this year. The Eagles have nice balance on offense with big play WR Jeffrey and Smith, a good TE in Ertz, and a good enough running game. Foles is good enough but Philly does have some OL injuries.

The Eagles also have a good front four on D, with depth at DE to rotate fresh pass rushers. The key, as always with Brady, get pressure with the front four and knock him off his spot. Do that and the Eagles win.

Cheese steaks 27
Clam chowder 21

I mean, it's not like the NFC was murderer's row.  Did you see the Vikings team that played in the NFC Title game?  Very solid defense.  But a Case freaking Keenum led team finished as the 2 seed and made it to an NFC Title game.

Aren't we all?

No.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:18:33 AM »
Eagles have chemistry, Patriots do not. 

Final:
Eagles: 28
Patriots: 10

First Half:
Eagles: 21
Patriots: 3

(Belichick can't cheat this year.  Eagles avenge their SB loss)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
Eagles have chemistry, Patriots do not. 

Final:
Eagles: 28
Patriots: 10

First Half:
Eagles: 21
Patriots: 3

(Belichick can't cheat this year.  Eagles avenge their SB loss)

What did Belichick do to cheat last year?  I also would probably disagree that the biggest dynasty in the history of the NFL doesn't have chemistry...

I would not be all that surprised if the Eagles won, but I don't think it'll be because the Patriots have a bunch of issues in the organization.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
Prediction is that this mirrors the Jaguars-Pats game, with the Pats charging late to win. The Vikings couldn't take advantage of the short routes that the Eagles CBs were content to give them; I think over the course of 60 minutes, Brady will.

Now that the Vikings are out, my only hope is that we get a great game.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »
New England got a gift in the first half yesterday when the DB did the helmet hit on Gronikowski.  Without that and the subsequent pass intference, NE could have been down 20-3 in Q4.  This version of Brady/Belicheck (and the AFC) is not as good as many of the previous ones.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 09:48:14 AM »
I love some people’s optimism that this will be different - and I hope it is - but I think the Patriots will figure out a way to win.

I also don’t get the logic of using yesterday‘s performances to predict Super Bowl outcomes. If the previous game mattered, the Vikings would’ve been a heck of a lot closer yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:50:42 AM by GooooMarquette »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »
New England got a gift in the first half yesterday when the DB did the helmet hit on Gronikowski.  Without that and the subsequent pass intference, NE could have been down 20-3 in Q4.  This version of Brady/Belicheck (and the AFC) is not as good as many of the previous ones.

Well, the hit did take out perhaps the best tight end in NFL history; that had to be worth something to the Jags.

I never root for injuries, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The Jags did to Gronk what the NFL should have.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »

Superbar.

He said Super Bowl, not Superbar.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »

Not just one but three unnecessary penalties right before the half were the gifts to the Pats. Jags had a delay of game (out of a timeout!) that erased a third down conversion that would have put them in field goal range. Then the helmet to helmet hit (Gronk had already dropped the ball before the contact) and finally the massive pass interference call. I don't think the receiver was catching up to that ball, no need to interfere.

Those three penalties were a 10-14 point swing.

I will say, the penalty on Gronk was absolutely the right call. But in that situation, I'm not sure that it was actually a cheap hit. I think it is much more dangerous if Church goes low and takes out Gronk's legs.  Again, gotta make that call but just goes to show how difficult it has become for defenders to properly defend the pass.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 10:04:52 AM »
Philly! Philly!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

nyg

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 10:19:41 AM »
Not just one but three unnecessary penalties right before the half were the gifts to the Pats. Jags had a delay of game (out of a timeout!) that erased a third down conversion that would have put them in field goal range. Then the helmet to helmet hit (Gronk had already dropped the ball before the contact) and finally the massive pass interference call. I don't think the receiver was catching up to that ball, no need to interfere.

Those three penalties were a 10-14 point swing.

I will say, the penalty on Gronk was absolutely the right call. But in that situation, I'm not sure that it was actually a cheap hit. I think it is much more dangerous if Church goes low and takes out Gronk's legs.  Again, gotta make that call but just goes to show how difficult it has become for defenders to properly defend the pass.

Delay of game was biggest swing of game, just killed them and went downhill after that.

Pats 24, Philly 13

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 10:21:19 AM »
What did Belichick do to cheat last year?  I also would probably disagree that the biggest dynasty in the history of the NFL doesn't have chemistry...

I would not be all that surprised if the Eagles won, but I don't think it'll be because the Patriots have a bunch of issues in the organization.

Not sure.  But time will tell.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
Philly! Philly!

That's a great graphic, but it could have done without the blotch on DC.  The rivalry with the Skins (and the Giants for that matter) pales in comparison to the rivalry with the Cowboys.

The Redskins are to Eagles fans what the Lions are to Packers fans.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 10:25:09 AM »
Philly fans are quite possibly the worst sports fans in the world. I probably won't watch the game, but screw Philly, I hope the Patriots beat them 647-0.

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-fans-parade-around-city-yelling-fck-millie-99-year-old-grandma-vikings-fan/
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
GOAT and Pats get number six. Their ability to win under pressure is truly amazing. Like Jordan and the Bulls, they are much watch TV because I likely will never see a player/team in the NFL match their success. When Jordan was with the Bulls, I made my young boys watch Jordan every chance they could and they are watching Brady now on their own.

Last night my youngest son (24 years old) said, "I am going to try and model my business career in a manner that matches Brady/Belichick drive for winning." I love the fact my kids have learned how greatness happens and it does not come by accident.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 10:54:52 AM »
GOAT and Pats get number six. Their ability to win under pressure is truly amazing. Like Jordan and the Bulls, they are much watch TV because I likely will never see a player/team in the NFL match their success. When Jordan was with the Bulls, I made my young boys watch Jordan every chance they could and they are watching Brady now on their own.

Last night my youngest son (24 years old) said, "I am going to try and model my business career in a manner that matches Brady/Belichick drive for winning." I love the fact my kids have learned how greatness happens and it does not come by accident.

So they plan to cheat.  Got it.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Philly fans are quite possibly the worst sports fans in the world. I probably won't watch the game, but screw Philly, I hope the Patriots beat them 647-0.

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-fans-parade-around-city-yelling-fck-millie-99-year-old-grandma-vikings-fan/

Hear hear. Having grown up in the mid-Atlantic, I can confirm that every stereotype about Eagles fans are true. They're vicious and violent when the team sucks, and they're horribly arrogant (they truly think they'll win 10 Super Bowls in a row) when they're even half-decent. I hope the Eagles get annihilated.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 11:18:56 AM »
Hards

No, I think they will stick with working harder than everyone else, preparing harder than everyone else and place the bar at level higher than everyone else. Sounds like a plan built for success to me.

feedback