[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brendan Bailey  (Read 29877 times)

Eldon

• All American
Re: Brendan Bailey
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2018, 11:51:31 PM »
His father is Thurl Bailey, of the Jimmy V 1983 Natty (NC state) and 16 years in the NBA (mainly with the Utah Jazz).  He was 6'11".  Isn't the son supposed to be the same size as the dad if not larger?

If the dad is taller than average, then the son will likely be shorter than the father.  If the dad is shorter than average, then the son will likely be taller than the father.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:41 PM »

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
Maybe his father played in the NBA

Just awesome.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 01:02:12 AM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:17:25 AM by GB Warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2018, 02:23:18 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 10:53:05 AM »
Lets all just take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The one candidate on our team that will likely play the least minutes next year is a consensus top 100 (top 75 in some services) recruit. That felt really good to type.

Also, I'd like to add that I think he will surprise a lot of people here. The coaches clearly love the kid and think he is a fantastic player. Being the son of a former NBA player can't hurt..

I think player with least minutes will be Ike

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 01:02:14 PM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »
General rule of thumb formula for any child: (Mom's height in inches + dad's height inches)/2 = X

If child is male -> X+5
If child is female -> X-5

I'd like to know then why I'm 6'4", my little brother is 6"8" while my mom is 6' and my dad is 5'11". Only other tall person in either family was my mom's brother who was 6'2".
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
"Assuming no one leaves" is the key part of the equation. History suggests someone will leave. In just the past 3 seasons, we've had 5 players transfer out: Haanif Cheatham, Traci Carter, Duane Wilson, Sandy Cohen and Wally Ellenson.

If everyone stays, depth at every position pays off. Wojo can keep starters fresh with a 10+ player rotation. And the season won't be in jeopardy in case of injury.

I'm not saying no one leaves, but this off season is likely different than other off seasons. The previous seasons were about Wojo recruiting overplayers and trying to improve the talent year after year. This year's teams have a lot of contributors that seem likely to contribute at the same or higher levels next season meaning they are less likely to leave. Gun to my head there are one or two names that might fit the profile of someone looking to transfer but I've never had a higher confidence level in my time being an MU fan that the roster will not have any shake ups between this year and next.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »
I'm not saying no one leaves, but this off season is likely different than other off seasons. The previous seasons were about Wojo recruiting overplayers and trying to improve the talent year after year. This year's teams have a lot of contributors that seem likely to contribute at the same or higher levels next season meaning they are less likely to leave. Gun to my head there are one or two names that might fit the profile of someone looking to transfer but I've never had a higher confidence level in my time being an MU fan that the roster will not have any shake ups between this year and next.

I honestly don't think anyone on the roster is a true transfer candidate.  The one's that if you squinted make a little sense, don't make any sense when you realize they've already burned red shirt years. Never say never, but I think everyone returns.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
If someone transfers, it will be among the role players that are currently on this team and it will be at semester. I think there's a strong chance that as Wojo settles on his rotation for next year, someone who was a contributor this year feels jilted and looks for greener pastures.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
If someone transfers, it will be among the role players that are currently on this team and it will be at semester. I think there's a strong chance that as Wojo settles on his rotation for next year, someone who was a contributor this year feels jilted and looks for greener pastures.

That I could see. Was referring to transfers after this season and before next.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
There will be transfers.  Nature of college basketball.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
I'd like to know then why I'm 6'4", my little brother is 6"8" while my mom is 6' and my dad is 5'11". Only other tall person in either family was my mom's brother who was 6'2".

Sounds like your mom has some explaining to do.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
Regarding transfers... that's life.  The coach has to work hard to recruit the best talent and let them fight it out for playing time.  The best play, the others can learn and get better or leave.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »
Sounds like your mom has some explaining to do.

My dad always jokes that he'd like to think that we had really tall mailmen in Florida and California but unfortunately he has to claim us because except for height we look exactly the same.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2018, 12:12:21 PM »
It's a crapshoot (height, not Bailey).
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »

Markus, poor defender, will be gone.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
You don't see any risk involved in a situation where a guy stops training and competing for 2 years? No chance for regression there?

I've got a new avatar suggestion for ya.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

There's this thing called a probabily distribution......
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »
Please explain why my brother is 5 inches taller than me.

Y'all had a tall mailman back in da dey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
I know this is an old thread but there was so much promise in this kid. I was hoping he would play more this year. When he signed he was rated the same as Sam Hauser. Really could use another outside shooter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:21 PM »
Still is promise there. Just needs to get used to the speed of the game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »
I know this is an old thread but there was so much promise in this kid. I was hoping he would play more this year. When he signed he was rated the same as Sam Hauser. Really could use another outside shooter.

It does seem like he was the latest practice superstar. There was a reason that he started the season in the starting lineup. I wouldn't sell your Bailey stock quite yet. I think he will be one of those players whose numbers take a massive jump from one year to the next.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »
It does seem like he was the latest practice superstar. There was a reason that he started the season in the starting lineup. I wouldn't sell your Bailey stock quite yet. I think he will be one of those players whose numbers take a massive jump from one year to the next.

He does have 3 years left after this season which is a bit of time to improve. It definitely is a weird case though that he can be 21 and labeled a freshman because of his mission work fro 2 years.

feedback