[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: February 24th Depaul Game  (Read 2438 times)

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
February 24th Depaul Game
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
MY friends and I are going to the DePaul v MU game at Wintrust. The game is at 11:00. My question is, are there any bars or restaurants in the area that will be open before the game? Or are there any Depaul Bars that are running buses to the arena?

I'll hang up and listen
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: February 24th Depaul Game
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »
Reggie?s is close but that?s the only spot I know of. Not that I?m found in the south loop very often.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:46:14 PM »
Marquette usually hosts a pregame party before the DePaul away game. I haven't seen anything about this year's yet. Maybe it is still in the planning stage because of the new venue.
Have some patience, FFS.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »
Reggie's is pretty good.  Rock and great beer.
However 11am game might be too early.  Post game.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »
Marquette usually hosts a pregame party before the DePaul away game. I haven't seen anything about this year's yet. Maybe it is still in the planning stage because of the new venue.

Given the nature of the new arena, I believe the athletic department can type the email, but they have to call a Teamster in to hit the "Send" button.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:54 PM »
Check out Kroll's South Loop, about 5 blocks away.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »
Thinking about flying in for this one...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
A lot of them look to open at 11. Hopefully somewhere opens before the game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
A lot of them look to open at 11. Hopefully somewhere opens before the game.

When Marquette picks a place they usually get them to open earlier (say 10).  Happened always in Rosemont. MU won't miss a chance to take Chicago Alums cash.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »
Tuck into a couple bloodies with brekky at the Spoke & Bird and walk over.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »
Looks like I am going to be there with my wife and son.    What is the capacity at the new place?    Will we be able to walk up and get tickets or should I grab some in advance?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 10:30:22 PM »
Looks like I am going to be there with my wife and son.    What is the capacity at the new place?    Will we be able to walk up and get tickets or should I grab some in advance?

Mac Koshwal is usually selling tickets outside the arena.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 05:25:28 AM »
Given the nature of the new arena, I believe the athletic department can type the email, but they have to call a Teamster in to hit the "Send" button.
Na. The reason for the delay is that MUad is trying to get a bunch of tea-totaling, non college hoops fans to fund the pregame Marquette party, which will pay for itself in party year 2054. AD Rahm Scholl refuses to call this a Vanity project. Deputy AD Mike "Madigan" Broeker is, er, broek-ering the deal as we speak.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
Na. The reason for the delay is that MUad is trying to get a bunch of tea-totaling, non college hoops fans to fund the pregame Marquette party, which will pay for itself in party year 2054. AD Rahm Scholl refuses to call this a Vanity project. Deputy AD Mike "Madigan" Broeker is, er, broek-ering the deal as we speak.

That's some damn fine work, ZTC.  For a second I thought that everyone had become desensitized to the stench of Illinois politics.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
That's some damn fine work, ZTC.  For a second I thought that everyone had become desensitized to the stench of Illinois politics.
"Thanks", I guess. lol. The best part of the WinTrust debacle is not only the creation of a TIF district at Rahm's behest, but hilariously... the $8million taxpayer hook of removing a historic home that stood on the site of said arena.

I'm having trouble with the pregame MU party analogy, but I guess it's like>>>Scholl: "Oh, yeah, one other thing, there's this permanent giant ice sculpture which just won't melt....
which has been deemed to have historic value....sitting in the middle of the party banquet room, and it must be removed to make room for the MU hoops fans. You taxpaying Bears fans will be happy to fund its removal, right?!!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »
"Thanks", I guess. lol. The best part of the WinTrust debacle is not only the creation of a TIF district at Rahm's behest, but hilariously... the $8million taxpayer hook of removing a historic home that stood on the site of said arena.

I understand how TIFs work, as well as many of the pros and cons regarding them. I just want to know where I can get a Bloody Mary and some pancakes before the game. Let's leave politics to a different thread.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 10:58:57 PM »
I understand how TIFs work, as well as many of the pros and cons regarding them. I just want to know where I can get a Bloody Mary and some pancakes before the game. Let's leave politics to a different thread.

Sorry. Got an email today from MU saying the pregame shindig is at the hotel adjacent to Wintrust via the pedestrian walkway. 40 bucks includes Mimosas, Bloody Mary, etc and a donation to the BandG fund.

Trivia regarding Tax Increment Financing districts in Illinois: TIFs were written into Illinois law in order to bolster investment in historically underserved, poor districts. If you want a good laugh....

Name the very first TIF district created by skilled Illinois pols>>>>>>>>>>

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:20 PM »
Sorry. Got an email today from MU saying the pregame shindig is at the hotel adjacent to Wintrust via the pedestrian walkway. 40 bucks includes Mimosas, Bloody Mary, etc and a donation to the BandG fund.

Trivia regarding Tax Increment Financing districts in Illinois: TIFs were written into Illinois law in order to bolster investment in historically underserved, poor districts. If you want a good laugh....

Name the very first TIF district created by skilled Illinois pols>>>>>>>>>>

Wintrust is an offshoot of the Olympic bid when McPier split between Navy Pier and McCormick place.  Both split the tax surplus.  Wintrust was getting built one way or the other as Madigan never gives money back. Rahm was involved late only to make sure the arena actually had a long-term tenant.