[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 116854 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2019, 10:08:35 PM »
I agree with all of the above. Though Fleabag does have some pretty dramatic moments.

Yeah ... would depend on one's definition of "light," I suppose.

Just saw Season 2, Ep 4, with the priest. That was pretty heavy!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #576 on: November 22, 2019, 06:23:10 AM »
End of the f*cking world season 2? I watched the first two episodes last night
Maigh Eo for Sam

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #577 on: November 22, 2019, 06:28:28 AM »
How can you call A Million Little Things "light"? It's a drama about the aftermath of a suicide.

True and I almost did not add it, but it is a great show and as the other poster said not full of violence etc...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »

I don't know why I like that show. But I do. Wife and I binged it last weekend.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
We did like the first season, but the second season just didn't have the same feeling.  Like it was forced and they struggled to come up with a good story line.  May give season 3 a shot.

First 8 episodes of season 2 aren't great, but it picks up at the end of season 2. Season 3 and 4 are good.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #580 on: November 25, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
Netflix "Tell Me Who I Am"  Oh man, dark, dark, dark and brutal.
Living with Yourself - interesting, but took a sitcom twist at the end of season one. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2019, 12:14:21 PM »
I watched the first 3 episodes of The Mandalorian over the weekend.  I did enjoy and am hungry for the next episodes.  Plenty of tie-ins and am curious how if any will tie-in with the new Star Wars release.  Interesting that Disney is doing the one episode a week release thing rather than a whole series dump.   

reinko

• All American
« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »
I watched the first 3 episodes of The Mandalorian over the weekend.  I did enjoy and am hungry for the next episodes.  Plenty of tie-ins and am curious how if any will tie-in with the new Star Wars release.  Interesting that Disney is doing the one episode a week release thing rather than a whole series dump.

I think helps the pacing of this show in particular, and someone smarter than me probably thinks it helps on the marketing side to build more excitement and potentially new customers to sign on.  As the show picks up steam, and without too many spoilers more folks I think are willing to sign up and check it out.

Plus, having an awesome weekly Star Wars show lead up to the release of Episode IX won’t hurt either  ;D

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2019, 12:43:06 PM »
Dont see this mentioned in this thread, but Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix is fascinating if you like sports.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

I think it's largely about building "water cooler" buzz that doesn't get generated with a Stranger Things binge. There are at least a handful of podcasts and websites that are pumping out content around an episode by episode discussion of the show that helps raise general visibility.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »
Did I already mention Adam Ruins Everything.   I think I did, but I’ve been spending so much time rewatching it that I haven’t had time to page through the thread.

Kind of like Mythbusters, but for things we encounter in everyday life. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #586 on: November 27, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
Catching up...

Watched Captain Marvel and El Camino on my recent vacation flight. CM - eh. El Camino - unnecessary, but it was a good footnote and I enjoyed being submersed in that universe again.

The Mandalorian is very, VERY good.

Jack Ryan Season 2 was fun.

Carnival Row (through episode 4) has been a fun fantasy ride.

I love the Challenge.

Next up is to finish Carnival Row and then on to Mindhunters. Plus, still gotta finish Ozark S2.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #587 on: November 27, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »
Catching up...

Watched Captain Marvel and El Camino on my recent vacation flight. CM - eh. El Camino - unnecessary, but it was a good footnote and I enjoyed being submersed in that universe again.

The Mandalorian is very, VERY good.

Jack Ryan Season 2 was fun.

Carnival Row (through episode 4) has been a fun fantasy ride.

I love the Challenge.

Next up is to finish Carnival Row and then on to Mindhunters. Plus, still gotta finish Ozark S2.

This season started off so great but has been so boring the past 4 episodes or so. It's a Pagonging. They really needed a better game mechanic to keep this from happening.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #588 on: November 27, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »
This season started off so great but has been so boring the past 4 episodes or so. It's a Pagonging. They really needed a better game mechanic to keep this from happening.

I'm just glad they finally went away from a two-some/partner game. Team game is okay. I really want a single/individual game ala the Duel.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #589 on: November 27, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »
I'm just glad they finally went away from a two-some/partner game. Team game is okay. I really want a single/individual game ala the Duel.

I liked the US/UK concept especially because I really have gotten to the point where I can't stand Cara Maria on the show but yeah the last couple of weeks got somewhat boring just because it was a numbers game and all the annoying people had the numbers.

For the record, CT is the best
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #590 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:02 AM »
Oh man, I forgot about the Challenge. Watched it religiously when Derrick used to compete (One of dad's former basketball players) but haven't watched it since he retired.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #591 on: November 28, 2019, 12:53:59 AM »
Used to love that show.  Think I saw every episode from the Gauntlet I through Fresh Meat II.  Don't think I've seen a single episode since Battle of the Exes, and TBH the only reason I turned it on was because of TJ Lavin, dude does a great job.  Show just became to cliche reality TV for me, more about the drama than the challenges (don't know if it has changed in the last 5 or so years).  Last I heard anything about the show was that Sarah Rice had a miscarriage, and that Diem Brown passed away.  Have really had no interest in returning since then.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
Used to love that show.  Think I saw every episode from the Gauntlet I through Fresh Meat II.  Don't think I've seen a single episode since Battle of the Exes, and TBH the only reason I turned it on was because of TJ Lavin, dude does a great job.  Show just became to cliche reality TV for me, more about the drama than the challenges (don't know if it has changed in the last 5 or so years).  Last I heard anything about the show was that Sarah Rice had a miscarriage, and that Diem Brown passed away.  Have really had no interest in returning since then.

They brought in some consultants (which included Eric Stein's from Big Brother 8's company) to help change the game play mechanics about 6 or 7 years ago and it really changed it for the better. You should give it a shot again as it's not about the drama as much and more about the game.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #593 on: November 28, 2019, 10:49:51 AM »
Just finished Season 2 of Fleabag. Outstanding show, deserving of Emmies it received.

With Veep (and JLD) ending its run, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the new queen of TV comedy. Footnote: She also has been tabbed to do the final rewrite of the new James Bond movie's script.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #594 on: November 29, 2019, 06:50:56 AM »
Just finished Season 2 of Fleabag. Outstanding show, deserving of Emmies it received.

With Veep (and JLD) ending its run, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the new queen of TV comedy. Footnote: She also has been tabbed to do the final rewrite of the new James Bond movie's script.

So great

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #595 on: November 29, 2019, 06:52:27 AM »

Watched the first episode.   What a strange and unexpected reboot.   Not sure where it will go, but I’ll watch the next couple of episodes to find out.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #596 on: November 29, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
Watched the first episode.   What a strange and unexpected reboot.   Not sure where it will go, but I’ll watch the next couple of episodes to find out.

If you liked Fleabag (a great show), you’re gonna like this one too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #597 on: November 29, 2019, 10:01:06 AM »
If you liked Fleabag (a great show), you’re gonna like this one too.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks to all for the recommendation.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #598 on: November 29, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
Not sure if anyone is interested, but the premium channels (e.g., HBO, Max, etc. -- basically the channels above 1802) are free on U-Verse this weekend.  Not sure if they're free for other providers.  They do this a couple times per year and I always record a bunch of movies.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:44:02 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #599 on: November 29, 2019, 06:36:10 PM »
Anyone that has HULU, check out Horace and Pete. Louis CK, Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco, Jessica Lange, Alan Alda, plus more.

This show challenges the boundaries on PC. We had discussions earlier about Chapelle and Burr and their challenging of the boundaries, but they seemed very safe in how they did it. This one pushed the boundaries farther.

The camera work is great as well as the show has a feeling of looking more like a play.