[Today at 11:04:25 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by cheebs09
[Today at 10:52:12 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 10:42:19 AM]

NIL Future by Hards Alumni
[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 116414 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2019, 10:01:04 AM »
Succession season 2 premier was fantastic. It’s the best show on tv/streaming, it’s so damn good.

I waited a long time before watching season 1. Just couldn’t get excited about it. I finally watched it about a month ago and you are 100% correct.

An outstanding show that got better every episode.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2019, 10:57:26 AM »
I waited a long time before watching season 1. Just couldn’t get excited about it. I finally watched it about a month ago and you are 100% correct.

An outstanding show that got better every episode.

I agree with this, if someone watched the first two episodes and gave up or wasn't interested, I totally get it. This show builds up and then goes from 0-60 by episode four of season one.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
Finally finished stranger things s3. Meh. Less about the characters and more about the flash.

Got caught up on first 2 episodes of Ozark season 2. Looking forward to the rest.

I've heard good things about Amazon's The Boys. Yet to watch it myself. Any input?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
Finally finished stranger things s3. Meh. Less about the characters and more about the flash.

Got caught up on first 2 episodes of Ozark season 2. Looking forward to the rest.

I've heard good things about Amazon's The Boys. Yet to watch it myself. Any input?

Couldn't stop watching The Boys. Flew through it in a few days. Very good.

Gonna start mindhunters season 2 tonight. Loved the first

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2019, 07:39:24 PM »
M I N D H U N T E R

MU82

• All American
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2019, 11:19:14 PM »
Almost done with Season 1 of Succession. Lots of fun. Very good acting.

Thanks to those who recommended it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »
Finally finished Season 3 of Stranger Things.
S3 jumps right to action and stays with it.  Love that Murray Bauman.  Did anyone call the telephone number given out in the episode?  Very funny.

Call Stranger Things 3’s Murray Bauman All You Want, But Unless You’re Joyce, He Won’t Want to Chat
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/stranger-things-3-murray-bauman-easter-egg-phone-number.html#targetText=You're%20not%20special.,and%20never%20call%20here%20again!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:29:31 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »
Had no idea a Breaking Bad movie was in the works. Very happy that Vince Gilligan wrote and directed. Should be a good one.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2019, 07:00:33 AM »
For Danny McBride fans, The Righteous Gemstones on HBO, 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2019, 08:42:46 AM »
Finally finished Season 3 of Stranger Things.
S3 jumps right to action and stays with it.  Love that Murray Bauman.  Did anyone call the telephone number given out in the episode?  Very funny.

Call Stranger Things 3’s Murray Bauman All You Want, But Unless You’re Joyce, He Won’t Want to Chat
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/stranger-things-3-murray-bauman-easter-egg-phone-number.html#targetText=You're%20not%20special.,and%20never%20call%20here%20again!

For the record the Neverending Story effort to get Planck's Constant is quite frankly the epitome of what makes Stranger Things Stranger Things.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
Had no idea a Breaking Bad movie was in the works. Very happy that Vince Gilligan wrote and directed. Should be a good one.

Straight to Netflix.  And not surprising Gilligan wouldn't let anyone else touch his masterpiece.

Initially I was skeptical about how could they do anything post-Sedan deVille (i.e. w/o WW), failing to recollect that nobody has more Supporting Actor Emmy's than Aaron Paul.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »
Pretty exciting night for Below Deck Med on deck hey??... new chef... and hopefully lots of screen time for my Aesha. What a wonderful show!

Two of my requirements for cutting the cord, which I plan to do later this week, is a service that can get me Bravo and most importantly, Investigation Discovery.

#YTTV
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »
This thread is going to be a great help looking at 3 more months of parental leave

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2019, 08:53:33 AM »

Saw the teaser trailer this morning, feel like I need to find time to re-binge Breaking Bad.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
Pretty exciting night for Below Deck Med on deck hey??... new chef... and hopefully lots of screen time for my Aesha. What a wonderful show!

Two of my requirements for cutting the cord, which I plan to do later this week, is a service that can get me Bravo and most importantly, Investigation Discovery.

#YTTV

Bravo has shockingly good television.....Southern Charm, both Below Decks, and Vanderpump Rules are must watch programing if nothing else than as cautionary tales of what could happen if you screw up your kids.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »
Couldn't stop watching The Boys. Flew through it in a few days. Very good.

Gonna start mindhunters season 2 tonight. Loved the first

Just binged The Boys as well. Very dark but nice change of pace from what the superhero formula has become
Maigh Eo for Sam

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »
The Boys - not a superhero person, but this is nice and dark 
Mindhunter Season 2

Liked Stranger Things, but the first half of the 3rd season was a "let's look at the 80s" before it started to go anywhere.

Enjoyed Legion - again not a superhero person, but there was plenty going on here. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2019, 02:40:08 PM »
I will be watching El Camino. The upcoming breaking bad movie

MU82

• All American
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »
Bravo has shockingly good television.....Southern Charm, both Below Decks, and Vanderpump Rules are must watch programing if nothing else than as cautionary tales of what could happen if you screw up your kids.

Are they all reality shows, mu03? If I had time to watch only one of those, which would you recommend and why?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2019, 03:13:18 PM »
Are they all reality shows, mu03? If I had time to watch only one of those, which would you recommend and why?

They are all reality shows, I'd probably pick for the general masses one of the Below Decks, simply because you get a mix of worker folks + stupid rich people + beautiful scenery + yachting spiciness.

Vanderpump is probably the most satisfying show for me but it'd be a tough to jump in now because there is like 7 years of insanity that gets referenced all the time and it'd be hard to follow

Southern Charm might be interesting for you because it really captures some of the culture mismatch that is Charleston(southern) high society versus your typical person and it's an easy watch. I love it in part because Charleston is a top 5 place for me to visit in the continental US(been at least a dozen times).

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2019, 03:16:56 PM »
They are all reality shows, I'd probably pick for the general masses one of the Below Decks, simply because you get a mix of worker folks + stupid rich people + beautiful scenery + yachting spiciness.

Vanderpump is probably the most satisfying show for me but it'd be a tough to jump in now because there is like 7 years of insanity that gets referenced all the time and it'd be hard to follow

Southern Charm might be interesting for you because it really captures some of the culture mismatch that is Charleston(southern) high society versus your typical person and it's an easy watch. I love it in part because Charleston is a top 5 place for me to visit in the continental US(been at least a dozen times).

I never knew any of these existed until meeting my then-girlfriend (now wife) a few years ago.

Vanderpump is so good/bad with all the drama.

And no love for Summer House?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »
The Rook. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2019, 03:32:41 PM »
And no love for Summer House?

Cannot stand Summer House.....to me it feels like they are trying to be authentic like Vanderpump but just come across as douchenozzles. I genuinely believe that Vanderpump folks are who they are which is what makes it fun to me.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »

I have never seen a reality TV series (except House Hunters, I guess; we used to watch that when we were looking for a house nearly 10 years ago). I'm not sure I want to start now, but maybe. So I appreciate the recommendations.

Several Scoopers make The Boys sound like it's worth a look, so I just might check that one out after I get caught up on Succession and a couple others. Thanks to all.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »
I have never seen a reality TV series (except House Hunters, I guess; we used to watch that when we were looking for a house nearly 10 years ago). I'm not sure I want to start now, but maybe. So I appreciate the recommendations.

Several Scoopers make The Boys sound like it's worth a look, so I just might check that one out after I get caught up on Succession and a couple others. Thanks to all.

Mike, I don't know if you have HULU or not, but if so, here are 2 shows I highly recommend:

1) The Handmaid's Tale. Chilling and very well written and acted.

2) Fargo. 3 seasons. Like True Detective, each season is a different story. The Coen brothers are involved and these stories compare very favorably to the original movie. If it didn't already exist, the word "Quirky" would have been invented to describe this show.

There have also been a handful of other outstanding original series on HULU as well.