collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lemonis  (Read 1955 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Lemonis
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
Seems to be all over the bowl season.  Camping World - Overton’s — Citrus Bowl. Good for him, must be doing well.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Lemonis
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 03:05:40 PM »
Seems to be all over the bowl season.  Camping World - Overton’s — Citrus Bowl. Good for him, must be doing well.

The purchase of advertising by a person's company is an indication that he is doing well?
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
The purchase of advertising by a person's company is an indication that he is doing well?

I would argue that if his various companies can afford higher profile ad space, yes.  I was speaking from a financial health standpoint but if you know something more please feel free to share. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
I would argue that if his various companies can afford higher profile ad space, yes.  I was speaking from a financial health standpoint but if you know something more please feel free to share.

Advertising is like any other business expense.  A wise businessperson buys it because he or she believes that particular expenditure makes sense from a business standpoint, not because he or she is "doing well".  Otherwise, it's vanity; the choice of a person who likes to see his name or his company's name on things. 

So either it's a reasoned business decision (which can be made by a company who is successful, or wants to be successful), or it's an ego trip.    Either case is not necessarily a sign that the owner is "doing well".

Plenty of companies have had high profile advertising that weren't doing well. Just look at the well-known stadium jinx of a few years back.  Remember Enron Field?  Adelphia Stadium?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:54:49 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
Two years ago, the Fiesta Bowl was sponsored by BattleFrog.  Eight months later, they were basically out of business.

I'm sure Camping World is doing fine, but advertising on New Year's Day is not really much of an indicator.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 03:54:18 PM »
Ok thanks for setting me straight.

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »
Lemonis and his backers sold stock in a secondary offering recently. His proceeds from the sale of 700,000 shares  was $28 million.  He still owns approximately 35 million shares according to the proxy statement.

http://investor.campingworld.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Camping-World-Announces-Closing-of-Secondary-Offering-of-Class-A-Common-Stock-by-Selling-Stockholders/default.aspx
UNC Grad MU Fan

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
Lemonis and his backers sold stock in a secondary offering recently. His proceeds from the sale of 700,000 shares  was $28 million.  He still owns approximately 35 million shares according to the proxy statement.

http://investor.campingworld.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Camping-World-Announces-Closing-of-Secondary-Offering-of-Class-A-Common-Stock-by-Selling-Stockholders/default.aspx

But I am sure that as a result of this offering, he did not say,  "Wow, I made a killing on that stock sale!  Let's celebrate! Hey, is there something I can slap my company's name on?"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:15:20 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
In fact, when business is bad, one of the first costs a company tends to reduce is its advertising ... and especially sponsorship advertising like a bowl game, golf tourney, cultural event and the like.
So, while a company boosting its advertising and sponsorship spending may not be a guarantee that things are going well, it certainly is a positive sign.

Really, not sure why Frenn is taking so much cr*p in this thread.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »
In fact, when business is bad, one of the first costs a company tends to reduce is its advertising ... and especially sponsorship advertising like a bowl game, golf tourney, cultural event and the like.
So, while a company boosting its advertising and sponsorship spending may not be a guarantee that things are going well, it certainly is a positive sign.

Really, not sure why Frenn is taking so much cr*p in this thread.

Agreed. The person giving Frenn the most $hit tends to skew condescendingly bitter and there is a personal issue with Lemonis. It clouds the thinking which allows snottiness to reign.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 09:24:11 PM »
Agreed. The person giving Frenn the most $hit tends to skew condescendingly bitter and there is a personal issue with Lemonis. It clouds the thinking which allows snottiness to reign.

Chick has a personal issue with Lemonis?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
My point is, unlike Lenny's contention, there is not necessarily a relationship between sponsoring a bunch of high-profile stuff and "doing well".

That's it.

And even if I did have a personal issue with Lemonis (which I most certainly do not), I would never publicly insult or criticize someone who was a prominent friend of the university.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 10:01:19 PM »
My point is, unlike Lenny's contention, there is not necessarily a relationship between sponsoring a bunch of high-profile stuff and "doing well".

That's it.

And even if I did have a personal issue with Lemonis (which I most certainly do not), I would never publicly insult or criticize someone who was a prominent friend of the university.

Chick - it wasn't my contention that there is a "relationship between sponsoring a bunch of high-profile stuff and doing well", it was Frenns.

Golden Avalanche said there was something personal between you and Lemonis - I wasn't aware and merely asked what is was. If there isn't one, your argument is with him, not me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:07:44 PM by Lennys Tap »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 09:35:25 AM »

That's it.

Awesome, dis could gain sum traction, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »

That's it.

By use of the word was are you implying he is not longer a prominent friend of the university? Enquiring minds want to know.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
By use of the word was are you implying he is not longer a prominent friend of the university? Enquiring minds want to know.

Was, and as far as I know, is.

In any case, he should be.  After all, it's blantantly obvious he is doing well.
Have some patience, FFS.