'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: S2N?  (Read 12342 times)

MU82

• All American
S2N?
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »
Sam now shooting .556 from 2, .494 from 3 and .900 on FTs (as if that matters).

Also leads us in rebounding and steals. Second in assists.

He needs to stop improving so damn much or else he won't be here for 4 years!

Hats off to wades for predicting an NBA career for the young man. I believe he will be proven correct, and those who know me know that I don't give out "he'll be in the NBA" easily when Scoopers bring it up for various players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: S2N?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »
I definitely think he will see some run in the NBA, but he needs to improve his athleticism a little bit more. Not to say he's unathletic, the NBA is just a different beast.

But there will always room for a 6'7" guy who can move really well and shoot the lights out.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
I was talking to my brother about Sam during the game. Is there a case to be made that Sam is the best all around player on the team?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »
I was talking to my brother about Sam during the game. Is there a case to be made that Sam is the best all around player on the team?

I don't think there's much question about that. I mean, who else could it possibly be?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
I definitely think he will see some run in the NBA, but he needs to improve his athleticism a little bit more. Not to say he's unathletic, the NBA is just a different beast.

But there will always room for a 6'7" guy who can move really well and shoot the lights out.

I think the efficiency with which he moves makes up for his (comparatively speaking, when talking NBA athletes) lack of athleticism.

In my opinion, there is no doubt he is our best all around player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:08:21 PM »
Sam is unquestionably our best all around player.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »

Hats off to wades for predicting an NBA career for the young man. I believe he will be proven correct, and those who know me know that I don't give out "he'll be in the NBA" easily when Scoopers bring it up for various players.
Did Sam declare after the game last night? I must’ve missed that. Perhaps hold congratulations until he actually plays in the NBA?
Love Sam and love what he does for our team. I too think he will play in the NBA, but I will wait and see how his college career unfolds first.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 07:02:56 AM »

Sam is a great player for MU.  IMO, for him to take the next step its going to be about improving his defense and getting his shot against athletic defenders (ala Jimmy B his Jr/Sr year).  NBA - we will see - both of those have a long way to go, but wouldn't bet against him continuing to improve.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 07:12:31 AM »
I am enjoying watching Sam.   Great shooter, great understanding of the game, great player for Marquette.    Unless the kid is sensational, the question is always 'who can they guard at the NBA level?'     As of right now, can you see Sam guarding an NBA 3?  If the answer is yes, then he can play in the NBA.   If you can't picture that, then you have to admit he has a ways to go.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »
Sam is an underrated defender. Not ready to guard an NBA 3 mind you.  But I think he could get there
TAMU

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »
Every time I watch Sam play this season, I find myself thinking, "His little brother is better than this?  Really?"

The future is bright, fellow Marquette fans.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:42 AM »
His little brother is better,  but I think junior Sam will be better then freshmen Joey.  If Joey improves at the rate Sam did.... Scary good possibilities.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »
Sam defends 100x better than Henry Ellenson, even with Henry's height advantage.  Sam also shoots the ball 100x better than Hank.  Hank is a far better ball handler, but neither Hank nor Sam will ever be asked to be a ball handler in the NBA.  Hank is being paid an NBA contract.  Sam will too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 08:05:47 AM »
I could see sam being a Korver type player. I’d say McDermott but I think McDermott had a bit better ability down low. Though two more years sam could develop that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
Chris Crawford, people.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
Chris Crawford, people.

Minus the frequent foot shuffling/traveling.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
Minus the frequent foot shuffling/traveling.

Plus the 7 year NBA career. Sam’s foot speed is much better than Chris (or Steve’s for that matter). There will be a place for Sam in the NBA if he continues to shoot lights out.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 09:48:20 AM »
Calling Sam 6'7 is a bit of an understatement I think.  Harry is listed as 6'11 and there isn't much difference there.  I think he's probably closer to 6'9.

Korver is a decent comp.  I thought a slightly less bouncy Chandler Parsons too.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
Did Sam declare after the game last night? I must’ve missed that. Perhaps hold congratulations until he actually plays in the NBA?
Love Sam and love what he does for our team. I too think he will play in the NBA, but I will wait and see how his college career unfolds first.

Pouring some cold water on that shite!

Me?  I'm still warm.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:53:53 AM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
If he continues at this rate of improvement, I think there is a legit chance we don't get Sam all 4 years.  The kid is really, really, really good. 

But with Joey coming in next year, I think its pretty much guaranteed we get him at least 1 more season. Next season should be special.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 09:56:45 AM »
If he continues at this rate of improvement, I think there is a legit chance we don't get Sam all 4 years.  The kid is really, really, really good. 

But with Joey coming in next year, I think its pretty much guaranteed we get him at least 1 more season. Next season should be special.

Some of that I’m sure will depend on Marcus and Joey. If the team next ear is truly one at the level of the 08-09 or 11-12 teams then I could see them sticking around giving another go.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »
Some of that I’m sure will depend on Marcus and Joey. If the team next ear is truly one at the level of the 08-09 or 11-12 teams then I could see them sticking around giving another go.

We can sure hope so.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »
Sam’s legit, butt da Association is a hoe different game. Gotta improve both his quickness and strength. Non-conference stats=no matta. Let’s cee ‘im strap it on and put his big boy pants on against betta comp, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 10:07:54 AM »
Sam’s legit, butt da Association is a hoe different game. Gotta improve both his quickness and strength. Non-conference stats=no matta. Let’s cee ‘im strap it on and put his big boy pants on against betta comp, ai na?

Better than that kid who went from Milwaukee Hamilton out to Westwood on his way to Oakland, ai'na?

HammerScreen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 10:19:29 AM »
Sam is easily our most complete player, however, I don't see him as an NBA player yet. His feet are a little slow and lacks the athleticism of an NBA 3. I hope I'm wrong, of course.