[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin SOTG  (Read 11398 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Wisconsin SOTG
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »
A year ago, did you ever think you would be saying that?

Or that Mattie would be in charge of guarding an All-American center and have only two fouls for the game?

Not to knock Matt, because I think he did an awesome job and I love seeing the hard work and little things he does be recognized (maybe he gets the Juan Anderson award?), but I was shocked after halftime that Gard hardly changed his offensive sets at all. Did nothing to get Happ more involved. He made MU's defense look average, and that takes some doing.

I haven't watched enough Wisconsin basketball to know if that's how they played with Trice and King (because really, why would you watch that basketball team on purpose?), but it will be interesting to see if Gard can outlive his growing pains as head coach.

SOTG has to be Rowsey.
Excruciatingly efficient in only 20 minutes today.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »
I love these games after which there are so many deserving candidates! I'd have no problem with anybody mentioned so far.

We can't give it to Wojo because coaches no matta, so I think I go with Howard.'

Rowsey was great when he played, but he didn't play enough and Howard carried the team in his absence. Took it to F%ucky all day.

Heldt ... I think it was his second-best game since he was a HS player in Neenah. Really battled Happ play after play. Got some help but also really went at him. Nicely done in the final game before Froling becomes eligible.

Rowsey also would be a great choice. He was money in his 20 minutes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 07:46:59 PM »
I will say it agin because I do not realky believe anyone correctly remembers the context in which i said Heldt is better for the team than Fischer.  I said it originally last uear and everyone went batcrap and took it completely out of context.  Now would matty ever beat Fischer in a game of one on one?  Hardly.  However on a team like last year and this years team as well that can score 80-90 points like its nothing we need a good defenseive center.  Matty can run wojos ball screen defense, matt can rebound, matt can guard one on one, matt can hit free throws.  One v one Fischer is a more polished iffensive player.  Matt makes this years n last years teams better.  Wojo saw it n team took off when he began starting him last year.  Context people context
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 07:56:39 PM »
I think that was the best game Heldt has ever played. He even got back after hedging out high for the first time this year!
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »
Everyone wants to give Matt credit and I think time to judge on merit. He played fine today, but if that was Luke’s performance it would not be mentioned. Based SOTG on performance and not effort.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 08:25:18 PM »
M2N led us in rebounds lol

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »
Again people want to put value soley on points scored.  Mu doesnt need more points they need a good defensive 5 and matt is leaps and bounds better defensively than fischer was.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
I'll go with Howard. At least a couple times in the second half the Badgers closed the lead to 6, and Markus responded. UW was slow to close him out on threes — including the amazing fadeaway haplessly defended by Happ — and simply had no answer for the floater in the lane.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
I will say it agin because I do not realky believe anyone correctly remembers the context in which i said Heldt is better for the team than Fischer.  I said it originally last uear and everyone went batcrap and took it completely out of context.  Now would matty ever beat Fischer in a game of one on one?  Hardly.  However on a team like last year and this years team as well that can score 80-90 points like its nothing we need a good defenseive center.  Matty can run wojos ball screen defense, matt can rebound, matt can guard one on one, matt can hit free throws.  One v one Fischer is a more polished iffensive player.  Matt makes this years n last years teams better.  Wojo saw it n team took off when he began starting him last year.  Context people context

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54794.0

?-(

Lots of context in there
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »
Matt.  SOTG is not only about points. Marty had a great great game

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »

For the love of God let it go.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:30 PM »
Rowsey.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »

Spell check people spell check

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »
Everyone wants to give Matt credit and I think time to judge on merit. He played fine today, but if that was Luke’s performance it would not be mentioned. Based SOTG on performance and not effort.

I think this is important.  Mattie had a good game, but that's all.  The help defense from Sam and others that came most of the day was crucial.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
I can't decide between Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser.  Rowsey was the stud of 10 minutes in the 2nd half but some dumb fouls put him on the bench and kept the game somewhat in doubt.  Howard was great in the first half and solid throughout, plus lead us with 7 rebounds.  Hauser was just steady and his D on the double team was great.

Heldt was solid but he benefited from a lot of help.  Tough call but I'll give the edge to Rowsey and his 94% eFG.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2017, 10:44:44 PM »
Rowsey

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »

Really? Where is that dead horse meme when I need it?!?!?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:01 PM »
Really? Where is that dead horse meme when I need it?!?!?

Which one you want?

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
Which one you want?

Great stuff, TAMU!!!! (Still ... Heldt > you at meme-ing.)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:40 PM »
I can't decide between Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser.  Rowsey was the stud of 10 minutes in the 2nd half but some dumb fouls put him on the bench and kept the game somewhat in doubt.  Howard was great in the first half and solid throughout, plus lead us with 7 rebounds.  Hauser was just steady and his D on the double team was great.

Heldt was solid but he benefited from a lot of help.  Tough call but I'll give the edge to Rowsey and his 94% eFG.

Howard was great for ~12 minutes of the first half.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2017, 05:32:38 AM »
Rowsey.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2017, 06:19:59 AM »
Maybe we need to be more objective in this such as for each player:
1-10, 1-poor, 10-outstanding
A. Offensive Performance
B. Defensive Performance
C. Miscellaneous Performance (Fouls, Turnovers)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
Rowsey, came in when Howard picked up his 3rd and lit it up when the rodents tried to make a run.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
I can't decide between Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser.

I vote for the three-headed monster.

Have some patience, FFS.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
I vote for the three-headed monster.

BINGO! 
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa