[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by MarquetteMike1977
[June 14, 2024, 10:07:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Better than the olympics  (Read 4321 times)

LoudMouth

• All American
Better than the olympics
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:52:02 AM »
2 weeks out of every two years our countries citizens put aside all differences and come together as a people to prove our superiority over every other single country in athletic dominance. As the days leading up to the rodent game wind down, coming onto scoop to read posts somewhat remind of the Olympic weeks. We all come together to absolutely sh*t on bucky. There are no differences. There are no memories of old disputes. Scoop pauses for a good 4 days for our fans and athletes to prove superior. Guru and 1.21 go from enemies to brothers. Chick and Sand-Knit come together as family. Brew and Guru (damn guru stirs the pot) find a middle ground with the importance of RPI. Cheesy and Tommy realize that they are the same person. We all have our difference...black/white  straight/gay  democratic/republican...those things #NoMatta. All that matters is that we are all coming together to defeat a common enemy. Brings a tear to my eye. WE ARE MARQUETTE
Beat those damn badgers!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Better than the olympics
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:57:48 AM »
I have that affect on women
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:59 AM »
Who’s handling the drug testing?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »
2 weeks out of every two years our countries citizens put aside all differences and come together as a people to prove our superiority over every other single country in athletic dominance. As the days leading up to the rodent game wind down, coming onto scoop to read posts somewhat remind of the Olympic weeks. We all come together to absolutely sh*t on bucky. There are no differences. There are no memories of old disputes. Scoop pauses for a good 4 days for our fans and athletes to prove superior. Guru and 1.21 go from enemies to brothers. Chick and Sand-Knit come together as family. Brew and Guru (damn guru stirs the pot) find a middle ground with the importance of RPI. Cheesy and Tommy realize that they are the same person. We all have our difference...black/white  straight/gay  democratic/republican...those things #NoMatta. All that matters is that we are all coming together to defeat a common enemy. Brings a tear to my eye. WE ARE MARQUETTE
Beat those damn badgers!

Preach brother LoudMouth
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »
I don't want to beat bucky.  I want to smoke Bucky.  Laught them off the court. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 09:43:08 AM »
I don't want to beat bucky.  I want to smoke Bucky.  Laught them off the court. 

I want to sprout wings and gain the ability to fly. But I’m satisfied with bipedal motion.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
I want to sprout wings and gain the ability to fly. But I’m satisfied with bipedal motion.

For sure...any win would suffice.

But they are bad.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »
Beat those damn badgers!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
OK.  But out of curiosity, what should we do with MU alums who are also UW alums?  Should we embrace them too?  I mean, they act all "Warrior-this" and "Warrior-that" and "whoooooooo-Marquette" 364.25 days of the year (average), but on that other .75 days (average) is it wrong that I'm just the teenciest bit skeptical about where their loyalties truly lay?  If UW wins, are they going to take up arms on the other side to celebrate or will they share our fate of pain and suffering.

"With enemies, you know where they stand.  But with neutrals?  Who knows?  It sickens me."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 10:01:26 AM »
OK.  But out of curiosity, what should we do with MU alums who are also UW alums?  Should we embrace them too?  I mean, they act all "Warrior-this" and "Warrior-that" and "whoooooooo-Marquette" 364.25 days of the year (average), but on that other .75 days (average) is it wrong that I'm just the teenciest bit skeptical about where their loyalties truly lay?  If UW wins, are they going to take up arms on the other side to celebrate or will they share our fate of pain and suffering.

"With enemies, you know where they stand.  But with neutrals?  Who knows?  It sickens me."
If they wear red on that 0.75 of a day, f&*k 'em.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »
Keefe and Towers, making nice

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

Of Scoopers or Badgers?

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »
Hey when I signed up and paid that huge fee I was told there were no drug testing!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
Hey when I signed up and paid that huge fee I was told there were no drug testing!

That’s what you get for listening to a Russian Twitter-bot.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »
Anne Hathaway can get it tho
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »
FWIW, I have never once, not even for a second, felt any sort of grudge toward Keefe.   Passionately disagreed, sure.   But I love almost everybody. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »

You always, always have to root for your first love (to which you have a degree). If you are an MU undergrad who is passionate about sports, you must reject Bucky and all of it's evils. To even think about supporting those vile scum in anything is to remove yourself from from the sacred trust that is Marquette fandom.

If you are a Bucky undergrad with an MU degree of some sort: First, you make terrible educational choices Second, you gotta dance with the girl who brought you and you have shown you are not to be trusted with MU's fandom.

All should plan according, a random dude on the internet has spoken!
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »

TAMU

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 11:29:53 AM »

Not sure where I come out on this one

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:17 AM »
For sure...any win would suffice.

But they are bad.

No you were right the first time. A thorough ass kicking is required.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »

As "one of those" I've never had any issues with my basketball support. I was still an MU season ticket holder both years I went to school in Madison for grad school. The only basketball games I have ever been to in the Kohl Hole have been against MU, and I've actually only seen Marquette wins there. This has always been an easy decision for me. Even when I was in school there, I was that one a$$hole at the bar on campus whooping it up as they were flaming out in the tournament. I'm not above using my UW alumni status to get a better seat in Madison every other year, but that's as far as I'll go in seeking out UW basketball connections. To this day, I refuse to own any article of clothing or collectible with Bucky on it. A man has to have principles in life, right?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
As "one of those" I've never had any issues with my basketball support. I was still an MU season ticket holder both years I went to school in Madison for grad school. The only basketball games I have ever been to in the Kohl Hole have been against MU, and I've actually only seen Marquette wins there. This has always been an easy decision for me. Even when I was in school there, I was that one a$$hole at the bar on campus whooping it up as they were flaming out in the tournament. I'm not above using my UW alumni status to get a better seat in Madison every other year, but that's as far as I'll go in seeking out UW basketball connections. To this day, I refuse to own any article of clothing or collectible with Bucky on it. A man has to have principles in life, right?

Very good Brother Skianth. Your fanhood is unquestionable despite the temptation for Red Rodent of the West
TAMU

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »
Nice work sir!

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
So you are going the game on Saturday right?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »
So you are going the game on Saturday right?

I just bought my tickets today. Here's to hoping I can keep my streak alive!