[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 499057 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #3525 on: September 25, 2018, 08:23:56 PM »
Exec of da year, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3526 on: September 25, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
Given what the head clown, Dave Portney repeatedly posts and says, forgive me if I have a very clear vision on what the core of Barstool is. Can't say anything of the same with other sports websites.

How quickly you've forgotten what Deadspin did forever before deciding to become the moral compass of the internet in the last 18 months.  Barstool isn't without faults, but their vocal opponents take things out of context, conveniently ignore the hundred of thousands of dollars (if not 1MM+) they've donated to fallen officers or kids with medical conditions, or great relationships they have with many in sports and media (male and female, all races) who actually know and interact with them on a regular and personal basis and understand that not every word on the internet is meant to be literal truth.

The real issue is the hordes of anonymous commenters who are fans of the site who take things too far.  They could do probablymore, but are a sports organization responsible for their fans being offensive or abusive?  They can at least ban them from stadiums, BSS can't do more than police their own comment section and ask people to not attack others online (which they have done just as much as encouraging them to "defend the wall").  Their engagement with their fanbase is a large reason for their growing influence, but can also be a dangerous powderkeg.

Also, El Pres is a character, I challenge you to find someone with a negative interaction with Dave Portnoy the civilian.  Its like branding Dwayne Johnson an evil b***ard cause you didn't like the Rock.

Back on topic, my god the Pirates are annoying.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3527 on: September 25, 2018, 10:23:56 PM »
Ryno is getting hot at the right time!  3 homers in last 2 games. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3528 on: September 25, 2018, 10:31:03 PM »
How quickly you've forgotten what Deadspin did forever before deciding to become the moral compass of the internet in the last 18 months.  Barstool isn't without faults, but their vocal opponents take things out of context, conveniently ignore the hundred of thousands of dollars (if not 1MM+) they've donated to fallen officers or kids with medical conditions, or great relationships they have with many in sports and media (male and female, all races) who actually know and interact with them on a regular and personal basis and understand that not every word on the internet is meant to be literal truth.

The real issue is the hordes of anonymous commenters who are fans of the site who take things too far.  They could do probablymore, but are a sports organization responsible for their fans being offensive or abusive?  They can at least ban them from stadiums, BSS can't do more than police their own comment section and ask people to not attack others online (which they have done just as much as encouraging them to "defend the wall").  Their engagement with their fanbase is a large reason for their growing influence, but can also be a dangerous powderkeg.

Also, El Pres is a character, I challenge you to find someone with a negative interaction with Dave Portnoy the civilian.  Its like branding Dwayne Johnson an evil b***ard cause you didn't like the Rock.

Back on topic, my god the Pirates are annoying.

Think Deadspin is garbage too for similar reasons. And I dont care if you are a character if you routinely attack female journalists by calling them f'ing sluts and the c word, doxing people, and inciting their followers to go after people online you are a garbage human being
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3529 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:28 PM »
Yelich. So hot right now. Yelich.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3530 on: September 25, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »

Cancel my earlier discussion about NL MVP.

IT’S OVER!!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3531 on: September 25, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
MVP race just ended, congrats to Yelich.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3532 on: September 25, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »
Lol, intentionally walk Cain to get to the MVP??

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3533 on: September 25, 2018, 10:42:27 PM »

Someone explain the Cards' reserve manager's logic to me. The worst Cain will do is double in a run in a game that's already out of control. Why let Yelich just blow the GD lid off

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3534 on: September 25, 2018, 10:43:22 PM »

It's almost like they were under temporary management or something
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3535 on: September 25, 2018, 10:47:05 PM »
It's almost like they were under temporary management or something
Did they pick a drunk fan out of the stands?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3536 on: September 25, 2018, 10:47:50 PM »

Lol. This was my first thought as well.

Give that man the MVP. He's earned it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3537 on: September 25, 2018, 10:49:11 PM »
Think Deadspin is garbage too for similar reasons. And I dont care if you are a character if you routinely attack female journalists by calling them f'ing sluts and the c word, doxing people, and inciting their followers to go after people online you are a garbage human being

You just said you can't say the same of other sports websites  ?-(  And far worse stuff has went on at ESPN if we want to go there.  Some of the statements are indefensible and horribly worded, but I think there is a misperception of Barstool's MO and their supposed proactive aggression.

Worth reading IMO https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/why-i-refuse-to-remain-silent-when-critics-idiots-and-hypocrites-lie-and-manipulate-the-truth-about-barstool-sports

Oh and Yelich is out of his damn mind right now.  What a monster.  Also a big Barstool ally, FWIW  ;D

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3538 on: September 25, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
Did they pick a drunk fan out of the stands?

So...LaRusso?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3539 on: September 25, 2018, 11:05:25 PM »
So...LaRusso?

He said the stands, not a car idling at the intersection outside the stadium

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3540 on: September 25, 2018, 11:12:22 PM »
You just said you can't say the same of other sports websites  ?-(  And far worse stuff has went on at ESPN if we want to go there.  Some of the statements are indefensible and horribly worded, but I think there is a misperception of Barstool's MO and their supposed proactive aggression.

Worth reading IMO https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/why-i-refuse-to-remain-silent-when-critics-idiots-and-hypocrites-lie-and-manipulate-the-truth-about-barstool-sports

Oh and Yelich is out of his damn mind right now.  What a monster.  Also a big Barstool ally, FWIW  ;D

Fair, guess I meant websites generally not just sports websites. Barstool just rubs me as extremely toxic but agree to disagree....except on Yelich, that dude is an MVP for sho

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3541 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:40 PM »
That is a brutal Sox win, absolutely brutal. Down 4-2 in 9th, Tigers won, Padres winning, Marlins lost. I know the players don’t care, but that one hurt.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3542 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:14 PM »
This time tomorrow, the Crew could be leading in the Division race. Things are getting really interesting.

Also, with the win the Brewers clinched a .500 record (or better) against the NL Central (and every other division they played). Crazy that they could win the division but are currently only 1 win above .500 against their division-mates
TAMU

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3543 on: September 26, 2018, 12:12:15 AM »
Cubs’ 4-game wraparound series against the Cardinals is going to be a lot of fun to watch this weekend. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #3544 on: September 26, 2018, 06:29:29 AM »
This if fun. Go Brewers!
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3545 on: September 26, 2018, 07:02:32 AM »
Cubs’ 4-game wraparound series against the Cardinals is going to be a lot of fun to watch this weekend.

True dat.  And now the Cards are absolutely battling for their life.  And while most of us focus on the games here in the midwest, the fact that the NL West is totally up for grabs and the loser of that battle might not make the playoffs makes for some great late night ball.

And for you Cubs fans out there, 12-11 since September 1 isn't exactly prepping for the World Series.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3546 on: September 26, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »
True dat.  And now the Cards are absolutely battling for their life.  And while most of us focus on the games here in the midwest, the fact that the NL West is totally up for grabs and the loser of that battle might not make the playoffs makes for some great late night ball.

And for you Cubs fans out there, 12-11 since September 1 isn't exactly prepping for the World Series.

Ugh...now Bryant out. The Cubs bats are heavy. Doesn't look good.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #3547 on: September 26, 2018, 07:19:26 AM »

Well they have 2 more vs the Pirates and then 3 vs the Cards but still gonna be fun

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3548 on: September 26, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
Well they have 2 more vs the Pirates and then 3 vs the Cards but still gonna be fun

I think Benny was insinuating that the Cubs are going to end up playing the Cardinals in the Wild Card game
TAMU

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3549 on: September 26, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »
So anyone know what the betting line is on a St Louis pitcher beaning Yelich today?