[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498689 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #2375 on: July 28, 2018, 05:12:02 AM »
 is scooter able to be pried away from the reds?  if so, just tell him he needed a little work on their reds farm team.  even though shaws numbers are down, i still think his bat will be ok.  playing 2nd?  not so much.  don't even think about sending hernan anywhere.  i think hes gonna be a stud
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2376 on: July 28, 2018, 07:51:37 AM »
I like the trade a lot.  Adding some serious pop to the lineup for a team who's historic 20 HR guys have had off years.  The Crew's biggest problem has been their inability to score runs.  Plus let's not forget that Moustakas is another guy with a KC ring, always valuable experience for a young team trying to learn to win in crunch time.

As to defense, no manager I know handles in game switches better than Couns.  Milwaukee has gotten very good utilizing situational switches.  This adds Villar to that existing pool of switchables, at least for this year.  Shaw will be fine over there for 7 innings over 60 games, especially with all the shifting they do.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2377 on: July 28, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »
is scooter able to be pried away from the reds?  if so, just tell him he needed a little work on their reds farm team.  even though shaws numbers are down, i still think his bat will be ok.  playing 2nd?  not so much.  don't even think about sending hernan anywhere.  i think hes gonna be a stud

The Brewers just made their move for an infielder. They will not be making another one.

Hernan has very little trade value. He’s a 27 year old utility player. Unless he’s on the Jake Arrieta schedule for steroids he’s never going to be anything more than a utility player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2378 on: July 28, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »
The Brewers just made their move for an infielder. They will not be making another one.

Hernan has very little trade value. He’s a 27 year old utility player. Unless he’s on the Jake Arrieta schedule for steroids he’s never going to be anything more than a utility player.

But I do like Hernan.  His ability to contribute at literally 6-7 positions.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2379 on: July 28, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
But I do like Hernan.  His ability to contribute at literally 6-7 positions.

Agreed. But (again, assuming no Arrieta timeframe on some steroid use) Hernan will never be a stud and no team is going to hold back a trade unless the Brewers include Hernan Perez.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2380 on: July 28, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
Of course.

So do you think the Crew tries to retain Moose next year?  He kinda got hosed this past offseason.  They could 'extend and reprice'.  He might like living more than year to year.  (I suppose some of that is determined by how well Shaw handles the switch.  But I sure like lefty power.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:00:47 AM by jsglow »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2381 on: July 28, 2018, 09:33:01 AM »
Of course.

So do you think the Crew tries to retain Mooch next year?  He kinda got hosed this past offseason.  They could 'extend and reprice'.  He might like living more than year to year.  (I suppose some of that is determined by how well Shaw handles the switch.  But I sure like lefty power.)

With Boras as his agent and draft pick compensation not attached to him deflating his value, I think he will opt out.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2382 on: July 28, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »
Travis Shaw can play 2B?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2383 on: July 28, 2018, 09:54:34 AM »
With Boras as his agent and draft pick compensation not attached to him deflating his value, I think he will opt out.

But nobody 'wanted' him last year.  He was one of those guys that got caught up in the non-signings.  I think he'll explore and I don't think the Crew will pay $15MM as the contract calls for but who know if a mutual agreement can be reached.  We'll see I suppose.  Again, much depends on whether Shaw transitions well enough.  This may all be moot if he boots too many balls or butchers too many DPs.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2384 on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:17 AM »
Dis dude is justa rental. Keston Hiura plays second base next season wit Shaw back ta turd. If four no udder reeson, 'cuz he's wey cheapa dan Mous, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2385 on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:47 AM »
Travis Shaw can play 2B?

They say yes, based on playing in the general vicinity during shifts and taking grounders the past two weeks.  I don't look forward to seeing it.

Of course.

So do you think the Crew tries to retain Mooch next year?  He kinda got hosed this past offseason.  They could 'extend and reprice'.  He might like living more than year to year.  (I suppose some of that is determined by how well Shaw handles the switch.  But I sure like lefty power.)

If the experiment works they might be willing.  $15M is steep, but the one year commitment might be acceptable with Hiura, Dubon, and Erceg all 2B/3B options that could be expected to be ready the following year.  Dubon was hitting everything and going to be the one up when Arcia was optioned in May; tearing the ACL cost him at least a year and a half.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2386 on: July 28, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »
Moustakas to the brewers. Shaw likely to make the move to second base. That's one way to improve your middle infield.

Offensively, sure.  Defensively?  Absolutely not.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2387 on: July 28, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »

Because Villar has been such a defensive stud at second base this year...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2388 on: July 28, 2018, 02:01:12 PM »
Because Villar has been such a defensive stud at second base this year...

Congrats - you posted without referencing Arrieta and steroids!  Quite an accomplishment!!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2389 on: July 28, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »

Both guys grade out as above average at 3rd. Really comes down to whether Shaw can play a passable 2nd. With elite defense in the outfield and at short, above average defense at catcher and 3rd, the Brewers can afford 2nd to be below average as long as Shaw is not a complete disaster

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2390 on: July 28, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »
Both guys grade out as above average at 3rd. Really comes down to whether Shaw can play a passable 2nd. With elite defense in the outfield and at short, above average defense at catcher and 3rd, the Brewers can afford 2nd to be below average as long as Shaw is not a complete disaster

I know - I was referring to Shaw at 2nd. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2391 on: July 29, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
i am shocked...stunned, that cubs fans arent ALL over these tweets from this braves pitcher from when he was in high school.

took like 15 seconds after the tweets surfaced when it was a brewers pitcher.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2392 on: July 29, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »
i am shocked...stunned, that cubs fans arent ALL over these tweets from this braves pitcher from when he was in high school.

Most cub fans defended him. But k.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2393 on: July 29, 2018, 07:36:09 PM »
Teach your kids that any stupid a$$ed crap that they feel compelled to put on social media will inevitably come back to bite them.    Tell them every day.   And read your kids' posts so that you can shut them down if you need to. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2394 on: July 29, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »
Teach your kids that any stupid a$$ed crap that they feel compelled to put on social media will inevitably come back to bite them.    Tell them every day.   And read your kids' posts so that you can shut them down if you need to.

Don't do that.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2395 on: July 29, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »
Most cub fans defended him. But k.

lol uhh...wut? i want some of what youre smoking.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2396 on: July 29, 2018, 09:35:28 PM »

We've been too busy checking on the PED levels of the Brewers' roster.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2397 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:28 PM »
We've been too busy checking on the PED levels of the Brewers' roster.

Hopefully they are through the roof.

Trea Turner also having some teenage Tweets pop up for the wrong reasons.  Where's Tall Titan when you need him?

Some horrible people in this world are having their true colors revealed.  Sad that only when it's a Brewer do we hear about it on MUScoop.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2398 on: July 29, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »
Hopefully they are through the roof.

Trea Turner also having some teenage Tweets pop up for the wrong reasons.  Where's Tall Titan when you need him?

Some horrible people in this world are having their true colors revealed.  Sad that only when it's a Brewer do we hear about it on MUScoop.

I just saw the news.  They're also awful people, just like that p.o.s. Hader.

All good? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2399 on: July 30, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
I just saw the news.  They're also awful people, just like that p.o.s. Hader.

All good?

Glad the Saint weighed in on it.

feedback