collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498841 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #2150 on: July 21, 2018, 10:07:30 PM »
And that fill in DJ was immediatly fired when Cubs fans complained about it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:11:01 PM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2151 on: July 21, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2152 on: July 21, 2018, 10:25:50 PM »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2153 on: July 21, 2018, 10:26:53 PM »
ahh yes. twitter. the source of reason.

Rarely does everyone agree on twitter but everyone here seems to agree a standing O was a bad idea.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2154 on: July 21, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »
Rarely does everyone agree on twitter but everyone here seems to agree a standing O was a bad idea.

cool.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2155 on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »
For what it’s worth, there are a lot of Brewers fans that were embarrassed by it as well.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #2156 on: July 21, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »
As Jabari Parker says, they don't pay guys to play defense

Ozzie "The Wizard" Smith might disagree.

HOF -- all time great Cardinal.

Except for one shot off the Dodgers during the playoffs in 1985, Ozzie's offense was somewhat forgettable.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2157 on: July 21, 2018, 10:47:33 PM »
For what it’s worth, there are a lot of Brewers fans that were embarrassed by it as well.

also cool.

withoutbias

• All American

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2159 on: July 21, 2018, 11:03:09 PM »
https://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2018/07/david_price_boston_red_sox_lhp_20.html

bad look david.

Why is it a bad look?  He said he doesn’t know him and won’t pass judgement?

Price told MassLive.com here Saturday. "I don't know him personally. I've never held a conversation with anybody about him personally. So I don't pass judgment." Price won't advise others around the league how to respond, "I'll let everybody make their own judgment."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:06:33 PM by TallTitan34 »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2160 on: July 21, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
Why is it a bad look?  He said he doesn’t know him and won’t pass judgement?

right. if you arent willing to call someone you never met a racist homophobe for something they tweeted as a high school teenager 7 years prior its a problem. people dont change between the ages of 17 and 24.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2161 on: July 21, 2018, 11:36:20 PM »
Sorry if I don’t believe the guy who sent these tweets when he says he’s changed.  What’s he going to say?  “Yup I’m still a racist.”

His girlfriend was still tweeting homophobic slurs recently and she also deleted her Twitter account so no, I don’t believe he has changed.

And it’s not like Hader just made a casual slur in passing (not that that’s ok either). He tweeted he hates gay people. He tweeted KKK.  Those are pretty big statements to make at any age.

Sure, it’s possible he has changed but I have trouble taking a person at their word who tweeted that stuff. I’m making my own judgement as David Price said I should.  You are making your judgement and I am disagreeing with it.  The only person who truly knows is Hader himself.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2162 on: July 22, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »
Sorry if I don’t believe the guy who sent these tweets when he says he’s changed.  What’s he going to say?  “Yup I’m still a racist.”

His girlfriend was still tweeting homophobic slurs recently and she also deleted her Twitter account so no, I don’t believe he has changed.

And it’s not like Hader just made a casual slur in passing (not that that’s ok either). He tweeted he hates gay people. He tweeted KKK.  Those are pretty big statements to make at any age.

Sure, it’s possible he has changed but I have trouble taking a person at their word who tweeted that stuff. I’m making my own judgement as David Price said I should.  You are making your judgement and I am disagreeing with it.  The only person who truly knows is Hader himself.

if you define 2012, before they ever met, as “recently” then sure you nailed it. that definitely proves that he hasnt changed one bit.

you do realize josh haders 8th inning tonight was a “KKK” right?

dont take it from his teammates or even price who says hes heard hader has changed and is a great guy (you picked a convenient 5% of the article to quote. must be nice to jump at every negative thing posted about the guy and then ignore an article from a completely unbiased, unattached source that doesnt paint him as some awful person) or from billy bean who sat down with him for hours. youve been ALL over this story at every twist and turn the second things have broke. you definitely know more about the guy than anyone involved.

but hey those cubs fans would never cheer a guy like josh hader. proof lies in their booing of addison russell and aroldis chapman!

i look forward to the next set of breaking news on hader from you. i know ill be the first in the loop as long as im on muscoop often enough.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:04:25 AM by WithoutBias »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2163 on: July 22, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
joe maddon’s response to the investigation into addison russell’s domestic violence:

“These are young people,” Maddon said. “We’ve all been there. We’ve all been young, making some really dumb mistakes. We’ve all done the same thing. I don’t know exactly what went on. I want to hear about it as it unfolds. But, again, I think the most important thing we do as a parent, as a coach, as a manager is to listen first.”

first off, “We’ve all been there. We’ve all done the same thing.” WTF?! i know i havent hit my wife.

“We’ve all been young, making some really dumb mistakes.” youth is not an excuse for anything is what ive learned here. also if 17 isnt young then 22 certainly isnt young. and hitting your wife isnt just some “dumb mistake.”

talk about a bad look. disgusting. and chicago cubs fans cheer for the guy. embarrassing.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2164 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:30 AM »
if you define 2012, before they ever met, as “recently” then sure you nailed it. that definitely proves that he hasnt changed one bit.

you do realize josh haders 8th inning tonight was a “KKK” right?

dont take it from his teammates or even price who says hes heard hader has changed and is a great guy (you picked a convenient 5% of the article to quote. must be nice to jump at every negative thing posted about the guy and then ignore an article from a completely unbiased, unattached source that doesnt paint him as some awful person) or from billy bean who sat down with him for hours. youve been ALL over this story at every twist and turn the second things have broke. you definitely know more about the guy than anyone involved.

but hey those cubs fans would never cheer a guy like josh hader. proof lies in their booing of addison russell and aroldis chapman!

i look forward to the next set of breaking news on hader from you. i know ill be the first in the loop as long as im on muscoop often enough.

Why so repeatedly biased over one small issue?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2165 on: July 22, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »
I think it’s fine to cheer a guy, but a standing O? 

Why don’t the other players get a standing O for not being racist/homophobic?

Did you clap for Chapman? If you did this entire point is mute.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2166 on: July 22, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »
Did you clap for Chapman? If you did this entire point is mute.

Did I celebrate when he did good on the field?  Yes.

Did I celebrate him when he came back from choking his wife?  No.

Several times in this thread I have stated there are bad guys on teams I cheer for.  Hell I listed them (see post below). Addison and Arodlis were both listed because they are bad guys.

I am able to acknowledge these people are bad guys off the field.  Am I going to cheer when Addison hits a homerun?  Yes. Am I going to stand up and show I’m still on his side when he is announced for the first time after cheating on his wife?  No.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:29:50 AM by TallTitan34 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2167 on: July 22, 2018, 01:29:26 AM »
I have no problem admitting athletes on teams I cheer for can be bad people.

Sosa used PEDs and corked his bat.
Russell cheated on his wife.
Mark Grace is an alcoholic.
Michael Jordan has a gambling problem.
Aroldis Chapman likely choked his wife/gf.
Bobby Hull beat his wife.
Walter Payton cheated on his wife.
Patrick Sharp cheated on his wife.
Patrick Kane... God knows what he’s done.
Milton Bradley I don’t even know where to start.

Not sure why Sosa using PEDs excuses Hader’s comments.

Again, I don’t understand why these guys being bad people excuses what Hader did.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2168 on: July 22, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »
If a Badger recruit sent the tweets Hader did, this board would be tearing the kid apart.  No one would say he’s just a foolish 17 year old.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2169 on: July 22, 2018, 06:28:36 AM »
John Rocker got a standing ovation too, so.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2170 on: July 22, 2018, 07:09:16 AM »
If a Badger recruit sent the tweets Hader did, this board would be tearing the kid apart.  No one would say he’s just a foolish 17 year old.

sure if you want to make an apples to oranges comparison.

if a uw recruit tweeted these things yesterday there would be an issue. if he tweeted them 7 years ago? meh. things change for all but mm and vbmg in 7 years.

i don’t really care who the guy plays for. mu, uw, brewers, cubs. glad it makes a difference to you.

if someone went back to jake thomas’s twitter from 7 years ago only a couple people might pretend they were too mature to make inappropriate comments or quote inappropriate lyrics when they were high school teenagers. more power to you for being able to stick to your lie. no skin off my back, and if you can sleep better at night then good for you. most people grow as a person between the time theyre 17 and the time theyre 24. you and vbmg have made it clear you never needed to grow.

we get it. people dont change from ages 17-24. hader is a racist homophobe. theres no way hader gets anything but a chorus of boos if he was a cub and was entering the game at wriggly.

can we move on now that we know the cubs are the morally superior organization with the morally superior fanbase?

at least until the next story breaks on hader. i know mm won’t miss posting it here for us asap.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:13:35 AM by WithoutBias »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2171 on: July 22, 2018, 07:34:06 AM »
The standing ovation was dumb.  He either made a brave comeback from being a racist 7 years ago or just doing stupid things 7 years ago. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2172 on: July 22, 2018, 07:50:27 AM »
John Rocker got a standing ovation too, so.

15 years ago and in the south, so.......
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2173 on: July 22, 2018, 07:56:50 AM »
15 years ago and in the south, so.......

Just saying fans do dumb things.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2174 on: July 22, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
Just saying fans do dumb things.

Fair, I wouldn't have done a standing O but by the same token I think you want you want to support the young man if he is truly reformed or reforming.

What Hader twitter has no place in acceptable society but it also doesn't make him an irredeemable villain
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback