collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498951 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #1150 on: June 03, 2018, 12:27:11 AM »
I'm confused. Your mad because a fan of the cubs is rooting for the Sox when the brewers are in first and the Sox are irrelevant?

Who’s mad?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1151 on: June 03, 2018, 07:52:17 AM »
I must have a inferiority complex with the Brewers, Cardinals, and Pirates because I root for whoever is playing them. Reds are harmless. Hell I even root for teams with lower records to beat teams with higher records to possibly help the Cubs get home field advantage in the playoffs.

You can’t tell me you don’t want the Mets to beat the Cubs.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:53:54 AM by TallTitan34 »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: June 03, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »
on june 3? with over 100 games left in the season? yeah...no. i couldn’t care less who’s winning baseball games other than the brewers.

but sure. feel free to root for your cross town rival and in the same breath talk about the team they’re playing against having an inferiority complex.

continues to be good stuff here.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:21:33 AM by WithoutBias »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1153 on: June 03, 2018, 11:54:37 AM »
on june 3? with over 100 games left in the season? yeah...no. i couldn’t care less who’s winning baseball games other than the brewers.

but sure. feel free to root for your cross town rival and in the same breath talk about the team they’re playing against having an inferiority complex.

continues to be good stuff here.

You do realize a win on June 3 is equal to a win on September 29?

So you’d be fine if the Cubs rattled off 12 straight wins because it’s only June?

Personally, I’d prefer the Brewers not to win 12 straight in June myself.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:56:12 AM by TallTitan34 »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

So you’d be fine if the Cubs rattled off 12 straight wins because it’s only June?

yeah...i couldn’t care less. but i’m just a brewers fan with an inferiority complex and you’re a cubs fan who roots for the white sox so what so i know?

and you’re someone who was literally sitting around with a post already typed up ready to submit the second the pirates retaliated praising joe for how little he cared about hard slides and couldn’t wait the 3 minutes it took for the umps to clear up what happened and think that the umps had to go to the headsets to determine that a play that joe didn’t want to challenge was not a challengeable play.

talk about pace of play. now umps are going to start alerting managers that they cannot challenge plays that they don’t want challenged, apparently.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1155 on: June 03, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »

It's not worth engaging him. In addition to being "without bias" he's also lacking reason, common sense, and logic. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1156 on: June 03, 2018, 02:25:50 PM »
It's not worth engaging him. In addition to being "without bias" he's also lacking reason, common sense, and logic.

just so i have this clear from the voice of reason, common sense, and logic, you think the umps spent a number of minutes with the headsets on to find out if the play tt brought up was reviewable despite the fact that joe maddon, as reported by tt, did NOT want to challenge the play? just want to get that cleared up for me by someone who is nothing but reasonable and logical. have brought this up a number of times but instead of getting an answer people just turn to “you’re stupid and illogical!”

the irony never stops.

ps have already addressed the name. it’s a 30 for 30 episode. you’ll catch up someday.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:29:20 PM by WithoutBias »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: June 03, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »
I think you'll find that baseball fans in Chicago don't really get caught up in the cross town thing.

I like watching baseball and the White Sox are a very fun group now. I like that Hahn was finally given full control. Big Hahn fan.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: June 03, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
just so i have this clear from the voice of reason, common sense, and logic, you think the umps spent a number of minutes with the headsets on to find out if the play tt brought up was reviewable despite the fact that joe maddon, as reported by tt, did NOT want to challenge the play? just want to get that cleared up for me by someone who is nothing but reasonable and logical. have brought this up a number of times but instead of getting an answer people just turn to “you’re stupid and illogical!”

the irony never stops.

ps have already addressed the name. it’s a 30 for 30 episode. you’ll catch up someday.

Why did the umps spend several minutes on headsets with the rules/replay center? 

Losing 2 of 3 to the White Sox. I guess those losses don't matter though since it is only early June.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: June 03, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »
Why did the umps spend several minutes on headsets with the rules/replay center? 

Losing 2 of 3 to the White Sox. I guess those losses don't matter though since it is only early June.

to find out if the play was reviewable. lol. how many times do you need to be told this? but joe didn’t want to challenge, according to tt and the cubs fans. just consulted with ny to see if it was reviewable despite nobody wanting to challenge the play. makes a lot of sense right? but you can keep dodging the question if you’d like. don’t have an answer so just flip it into a different question that has been answered multiple times. for someone who pretends to have some kind of superior inteligence you sure do go out of your way to make yourself look stupid.

i’ll bet this series isn’t the difference between the brewers winning the nl central. put your money where your mouth is oh voice of reason. glad you could get off to some little brother losses this weekend though. you sure were quick to pull that trigger for someone who pretends that the other side of the argument is the one who has the complex. literally seconds after the last out lol. pins n needles baby. pins n needles.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:17:15 PM by WithoutBias »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: June 03, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »
to find out if the play was reviewable. lol. how many times do you need to be told this? but joe didn’t want to challenge, according to tt and the cubs fans. just consulted with ny to see if it was reviewable despite nobody wanting to challenge the play. makes a lot of sense right? but you can keep dodging the question if you’d like. don’t have an answer so just flip it into a different question that has been answered multiple times. for someone who pretends to have some kind of superior inteligence you sure do go out of your way to make yourself look stupid.

i’ll bet this series isn’t the difference between the brewers winning the nl central. put your money where your mouth is oh voice of reason. glad you could get off to some little brother losses this weekend though. you sure were quick to pull that trigger for someone who pretends that the other side of the argument is the one who has the complex. literally seconds after the last out lol. pins n needles baby. pins n needles.

I never said Maddon wouldn't have challenged if it was reviewable. He clearly would have.

Seems strange to generalize for a fan base based on what a poster or two have said.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: June 03, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »
We only two games back.  Brewers feeling some heat on their heals.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: June 03, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
We only two games back.  Brewers feeling some heat on their heals.

I don’t think anyone’s feeling any heat with over 100 games left in the season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: June 03, 2018, 08:27:29 PM »
I don’t think anyone’s feeling any heat with over 100 games left in the season.

Bingo.

The only one feeling heat is WithoutBias' autocorrect.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: June 04, 2018, 09:16:46 AM »
Happy draft day everyone. 

Hoping the Sox can snag one of Bohm or Madrigal.  Singer seems a likely pick also.

But most importantly I just really hope that Seth Beer goes to the Brewers.  Seems like a match made in heaven.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1165 on: June 04, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »
But most importantly I just really hope that Seth Beer goes to the Brewers.  Seems like a match made in heaven.

The fact that Nick Bierbrodt never played for Milwaukee is still a travesty.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bierbni01.shtml

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »
Rare occurrence this late in the season, the Yankees are in first place but are a half game behind the Red Sox.

Yankees have a .689 winning percentage and the Red Sox have a .688 winning percentage, so if the season ended today the Yankees would win the division.  However, the Red Sox have played 3 more games and won two of them, so the Yankees are a half game behind the Red Sox.
Yanks have been rained out three more times so now the Red Sox have played 6 more games than the Yankees.  Yanks are in first place despite being a full game behind the Red Sox now.

Yankees  37-17  .685   1
Red Sox  41-19  .683   -

This is probably only curious to me, but I was trying to figure out the latest in the season this occurred without having to look at daily standings.  If the Yankees split or get swept today it will end.  If they sweep, however, they will be in first place though both teams will be 0 games out.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: June 04, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »
Yanks have been rained out three more times so now the Red Sox have played 6 more games than the Yankees.  Yanks are in first place despite being a full game behind the Red Sox now.

Yankees  37-17  .685   1
Red Sox  41-19  .683   -

This is probably only curious to me, but I was trying to figure out the latest in the season this occurred without having to look at daily standings.  If the Yankees split or get swept today it will end.  If they sweep, however, they will be in first place though both teams will be 0 games out.

It is crazy and it points to how much bad weather teams have had to deal with this year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:54 AM »
It is crazy and it points to how much bad weather teams have had to deal with this year.

This is where Miller Park is a major advantage for the Brewers. Not just the temperature and conditions in April and May, but the rain outs.  The Crew has three games in hand on both the Cubs and Cards.  That takes a toll in the dog days to not have an off day.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1169 on: June 04, 2018, 10:37:21 AM »
Javy Baez may not be the best baseball player but might be the most exciting player I have ever seen.  Between the sliding, tagging, and defense you never know what you are going to see him do next.

Yesterday he stole home again adding to his already impressive highlight reel.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1003349408476467201

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: June 04, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »

Hoping the Sox can snag one of Bohm or Madrigal.  Singer seems a likely pick also.

Late word has the Sox leaning toward Singer, especially if Madrigal is off the board.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1171 on: June 04, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
Late word has the Sox leaning toward Singer, especially if Madrigal is off the board.

I'd go with Madrigal if available mostly because I'm always hesitant on pitchers. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: June 04, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »
I'd go with Madrigal if available mostly because I'm always hesitant on pitchers.

I tend to agree, but I do like Singer quite a bit, so either is OK with me.
I'm just happy every time they don't draft a "toolsy" athlete who also excels at football.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: June 04, 2018, 11:22:34 AM »

The headline would write itself:

Brewers Draft Beer
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:24:24 PM by Lazar's Canadian Bacon Headband »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: June 04, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
I tend to agree, but I do like Singer quite a bit, so either is OK with me.
I'm just happy every time they don't draft a "toolsy" athlete who also excels at football.

Freaking Jared Mitchell, two picks before Trout.

feedback