collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498977 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #1125 on: June 01, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »
Go White Sox!  The kids can play!

I feel gross.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1126 on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:08 PM »

I feel gross.

White Sox Pride!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:38 PM »
hey dummy - the play was never reviewed because it is quite literally not a reviewable play.  this isn't that hard to understand, i really don't get how dumb chicago sports fans get when they go out of their way to try and defend their team, when in reality nothing needed to be defended.

rizzo made a hard dirty slide that the mlb admitted they ruled incorrectly.  musgrove made a hard slide in return but at least the fielder could see it coming.  the umps had the ability to review one of the plays and didn't have the ability to review the other.

you don't have to go out of your way to make up stupid arguments to make your team look "tougher" than they are.  maddon didn't challenge the play not because he wanted to make a point that, "hey, our guy did nothing wrong, just hard baseball, and we have no issue with other teams playing hard too!" like tt claims.  maddon didn't challenge the play because he literally could not challenge the play.

this stuff is hysterical!

Nice inferiority complex.

After Musgrove's slide why did the umpires get the headphones on and communicate with the replay office for multiple minutes?

Were you watching the game as it played out live?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: June 01, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »

I feel gross.

White Sox Pride!

"i'm a cubs fan and i'm going to cheer for the white sox against the brewers! all while telling brewers fans they're the ones with an inferiority complex!"

oh the irony!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
"i'm a cubs fan and i'm going to cheer for the white sox against the brewers! all while telling brewers fans they're the ones with an inferiority complex!"

oh the irony!

I actually enjoy the White Sox.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »

After Musgrove's slide why did the umpires get the headphones on and communicate with the replay office for multiple minutes?

Were you watching the game as it played out live?

so, for the record, you're saying the play was reviewed?  lol!  jesus christ cubs fans are delusional.

The explaination was not given as this played out. It was given after the umpires checked with New York and the decision was relayed to the media booths.

I posted before it was relayed.

No, what I am saying is even if Joe could have challeneged he wouldn’t have. Which I disagree with because it would have hurt his team not to challenge.

oh.  you know joe was not going to challenge the play...just because you know.  lol.  the umpires just wanted to go to the headsets to talk to the nyc offices...just for the fun of it.  joe showed no indication that he wanted to challenge the play, the umps just wanted to clarify that joe couldn't challenge a play that joe did not want to challenge.

LOL!

goodness.  it just keeps getting better.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: June 01, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
I actually enjoy the White Sox.

of course you do.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: June 01, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »

oh the irony!

You're not a smart person, huh? 

The Brewers have been playing great so rooting against them, regardless of who they're playing, seems to make sense.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: June 01, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »
so, for the record, you're saying the play was reviewed?  lol!  jesus christ cubs fans are delusional.

oh.  you know joe was not going to challenge the play...just because you know.  lol.  the umpires just wanted to go to the headsets to talk to the nyc offices...just for the fun of it.  joe showed no indication that he wanted to challenge the play, the umps just wanted to clarify that joe couldn't challenge a play that joe did not want to challenge.

LOL!

goodness.  it just keeps getting better.

Comprehension not a strength of yours, huh?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: June 01, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »
You're not a smart person, huh? 

The Brewers have been playing great so rooting against them, regardless of who they're playing, seems to make sense.

like i said, cubs fans talking about the brewers fans having an inferiority complex while cheering on the white sox.  not ironic at all i guess.  and i'm the one who's not a smart person.  lol.

Comprehension not a strength of yours, huh?

please, explain to me what i'm misunderstanding here mr. all knowing blue man group.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: June 01, 2018, 11:11:07 PM »
like i said, cubs fans talking about the brewers fans having an inferiority complex while cheering on the white sox.  not ironic at all i guess.  and i'm the one who's not a smart person.  lol.

please, explain to me what i'm misunderstanding here mr. all knowing blue man group.

How is rooting against the team currently in first place an example of an inferiority complex?  I've taken no shots at the Brewers or Brewers fans in this exchange. Every inane post of yours is railing at Cubs fans.

I also want Pittsburgh to play well against the Cards this weekend. It's kind of how it works when you want to win the division. 

I'll ask again - were you watching the game Tuesday during the play and the aftermath?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: June 01, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »
Good guys wear black! And hopefully pick 1-1 in 2019!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: June 01, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »

How is rooting against the team currently in first place an example of an inferiority complex?  I've taken no shots at the Brewers or Brewers fans in this exchange. Every inane post of yours is railing at Cubs fans.

I also want Pittsburgh to play well against the Cards this weekend. It's kind of how it works when you want to win the division. 

I'll ask again - were you watching the game Tuesday during the play and the aftermath?

...right.  you should probably figure out what an inferiority complex is.

it's certainly not laughing at a fanbase that flaunts its manager not challenging an unreviewable baseball play as proof that their manager has no issue with hard slides lol.  and then pretending that they know joe wouldn't have challenged the play just because, well, we just know, because joe was totally fine with the slide and would give up an out to prove it if he had to.  hilarious.

what does watching the game live have anything to do with anything?  lol.  the reaching cubs fans do is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3ybYO9aXQ

here you go bud.  the umpires went to the headsets to see if the play was reviewable.  it wasn't, and the umps went to the cubs dugout to tell joe maddon that.  but hey, tt says joe wouldn't have reviewed the play, so my guess is the pirates wanted to challenge the play and get another out for themselves there and the umps were just notifying good guy joe that the delay was to see if the pirates could challenge the play and they cannot, so joe happily leave the runner at first with one out.

so good.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: June 02, 2018, 01:03:02 AM »
Good guys wear black! And hopefully pick 1-1 in 2019!

Sadly I'm betting on 3.  Royals and Orioles go 1-2. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: June 02, 2018, 01:46:45 AM »
...right.  you should probably figure out what an inferiority complex is.

it's certainly not laughing at a fanbase that flaunts its manager not challenging an unreviewable baseball play as proof that their manager has no issue with hard slides lol.  and then pretending that they know joe wouldn't have challenged the play just because, well, we just know, because joe was totally fine with the slide and would give up an out to prove it if he had to.  hilarious.

what does watching the game live have anything to do with anything?  lol.  the reaching cubs fans do is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3ybYO9aXQ

here you go bud.  the umpires went to the headsets to see if the play was reviewable.  it wasn't, and the umps went to the cubs dugout to tell joe maddon that.  but hey, tt says joe wouldn't have reviewed the play, so my guess is the pirates wanted to challenge the play and get another out for themselves there and the umps were just notifying good guy joe that the delay was to see if the pirates could challenge the play and they cannot, so joe happily leave the runner at first with one out.

so good.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: June 02, 2018, 08:06:53 AM »

right. when you have no rebuttal just go talking about how stupid the other person is. lol. i remember the second grade.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: June 02, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
Cub-Brewer conversations are the worst.

On a better note I love the uniforms going on in the Sox-Brewer game.

And on a much better note

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/video/farquhar-tosses-first-pitch/c-2107810183?tid=268772510
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:37:34 PM by buckchuckler »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: June 02, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
On the topic of dirty slides, that Odor slide is about as bad as they come. No excuse for having your studs up like that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: June 02, 2018, 03:57:06 PM »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: June 02, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
Issue?

issue? don’t think so...?

just shocking that someone who is a cubs and packers fan would “enjoy” the white sox when it’s convenient.

i do love that it started as a discussion with tt then, as predictable as the sun rising in the east, blue man heard someone talking bad about the cubs and came fast and furious to the rescue. then shockingly the last of the amigos comes crawling in responding about how he’s not at fault, despite not having been part of the discussion so he was never accused of anything.

but it’s cute that you all have each other’s backs on an internet forum.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: June 02, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »

just shocking that someone who is a cubs and packers fan would “enjoy” the white sox when it’s convenient.

i do love that it started as a discussion with tt then, as predictable as the sun rising in the east, blue man heard someone talking bad about the cubs and came fast and furious to the rescue. then shockingly the last of the amigos comes crawling in responding about how he’s not at fault, despite not having been part of the discussion so he was never accused of anything.

Thanks, just wondering what your issue was. Got it now. You are very complex.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: June 02, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
Thanks, just wondering what your issue was. Got it now. You are very complex.

Very.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: June 02, 2018, 09:42:55 PM »
Very.

And for all the complexity, I don't think you have added a single baseball point, please try to keep the name calling and Cubs/Brewers pissing match stuff in the designated pissing match thread.

And deGrom is so good.  I have to wonder if the Mets continue to slide, if he will be made available.  He is the best guy they have had and would probably return a McDuck money bin type of return.  I have to believe he would be very hard to part with though if you're the Mets.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:45:11 PM by buckchuckler »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: June 02, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
And for all the complexity, I don't think you have added a single baseball point, please try to keep the name calling and Cubs/Brewers pissing match stuff in the designated pissing match thread.

And deGrom is so good.  I have to wonder if the Mets continue to slide, if he will be made available.  He is the best guy they have had and would probably return a McDuck money bin type of return.  I have to believe he would be very hard to part with though if you're the Mets.

He's nasty.  His changeup down and in to righties is something else. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: June 03, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »

I'm confused. Your mad because a fan of the cubs is rooting for the Sox when the brewers are in first and the Sox are irrelevant?

feedback