[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498777 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #500 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
You really put the "u" in turd, Wades.

So it isn't terd?   Huh.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #501 on: April 09, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
I'm sure the 800 Sox fans in attendance are enjoying the game this afternoon.  What's with the fascination with the weather around here?  Shouldn't we still be talking about how the Cubs owned the Brewers this past weekend at Wrigley North...and how bad the Brewers looked while doing so?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #502 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
Any opinions here on Ohtani?

My thought was that it was a lotta hype - as baseball is prone to do. But, this may be the best start for a rookie in baseball history.

He currently ranks in the top 5 in MLB for both 4-seam fastball velocity from the mound and exit velocity from the plate. Unprecedented - although we don't know where The Babe ranked at the same point in his career (for obvious reasons). Don't think he can keep it up, but what are opinions here?

Please, Wades, no "juiced" comments ;)

He has obviously been great.  Honestly, I lowered my expectations for him after his horrible spring.  Clearly I was wrong to do that.  It is fun as can be.  The guy is throwing smoke and hitting dingers.  What more could you want?

By the way, on a completely unrelated note, holy moly is Mallex Smith fast.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:38:38 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: April 09, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »
I'm sure the 800 Sox fans in attendance are enjoying the game this afternoon.  What's with the fascination with the weather around here?  Shouldn't we still be talking about how the Cubs owned the Brewers this past weekend at Wrigley North...and how bad the Brewers looked while doing so?

Oh, look, a Cubs fan yakking about attendance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #504 on: April 09, 2018, 04:51:49 PM »
Last Tuesday's Tigers Royals game was a miserable experience.  38 and spitting.  Ushers went around in the second inning and cleared out the upper deck so that they could close down everything up there.  Officially 15K tickets sold.  Probably 1200 actually there.  Thankful for the waterproof fleece lined blanket that the family of four could all fit under.  Players were miserable, too.  2:17 to play.  Thank goodness.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #505 on: April 09, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Oh, look, a Cubs fan yakking about attendance.

Oh look...a Brewers fan that has nothing to say about their own team...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »
Oh look...a Brewers fan that has nothing to say about their own team...

I'm a Brewers fan?
News to me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #507 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
I'm a Brewers fan?
News to me.

Lol. Unfortunately for them, Cubs fans don’t make it hard to identify.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #508 on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
Lol. Unfortunately for them, Cubs fans don’t make it hard to identify.

Yeah...I don’t live here like you guys so not going to comb through your posts to figure out your allegiances.

Pakuni you seem to be hung up on Cubs fans talking attendance...whoever your team is must not be that interesting.

Wades 10 years later and your routine is the same....nice series this past wknd....and why would any Cubs fan want to not make it clear which team we root for...is that what you do?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:11:34 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
Yeah...I don’t live hear like you guys so not going to comb through your posts to figure out your allegiances.

Pakuni you seem to be hung up on Cubs fans talking attendance...whoever your team is must not be that interesting.

Wades 10 years later and your routine is the same....nice series this past wknd....and why would any Cubs fan want to not make it clear which team we root for...is that what you do?

To be fair all wades does is whine about roids this roids that meanwhile his teams got an actual PED user

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #510 on: April 09, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »
To be fair all wades does is whine about roids this roids that meanwhile his teams got an actual PED user

Got it...does he ever talk about his team that got destroyed by the Cubs this past weekend?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #511 on: April 09, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
The White Sox are playing without a problem (well, other than their inability to score runs). No plow necessary.

They actually plowed the field.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #512 on: April 09, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »
I'm not usually a fan of wacky stats, but this is pretty irresistible ...

Giancarlo Stanton already has struck out more this season than Joe DiMaggio did in the entire 1941 season, when DiMag had 30 HR, 125 RBI, a 1.083 OPS and a 56-game hitting streak.

In fact, Stanton already had struck out more than DiMag EVEN BEFORE Stanton struck out 5x yesterday!

But I'm guessing that Stanton's 3 HR this season did have better exit velocity than DiMag's homers did. And that's real important.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #513 on: April 09, 2018, 07:42:42 PM »

Whine? More like laugh that FIBs think their team actually doesn’t “got an actual PED user.” I don’t know how many times I can say here that I wish more WI professional athletes used PEDs. There’s a reason athletes take them...they help. Clay Matthews used some roids, that was cool by me. Giannis probably did, I hope Thon gets on that same good stuff. This really isn’t hard.

Got it...does he ever talk about his team that got destroyed by the Cubs this past weekend?

Congrats on “destroying” the Brewers. We’re 1/16th of the way into the season. Brewers should just fold the season. That half game lead the Chubbies have on them is just so insermountable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #514 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:27 PM »
Whine? More like laugh that FIBs think their team actually doesn’t “got an actual PED user.” I don’t know how many times I can say here that I wish more WI professional athletes used PEDs. There’s a reason athletes take them...they help. Clay Matthews used some roids, that was cool by me. Giannis probably did, I hope Thon gets on that same good stuff. This really isn’t hard.

Congrats on “destroying” the Brewers. We’re 1/16th of the way into the season. Brewers should just fold the season. That half game lead the Chubbies have on them is just so insermountable.

Let's not forget about the South Korean, shall we.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #515 on: April 09, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »
Let's not forget about the South Korean, shall we.

Absolutely. Him and Braun need to get back on the PEDs. Definitely need more production from them.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #516 on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »

Same.  Tired.  Routine.  At least you’re consistent....and seemingly miserable.

They weren’t destroyed?  It’ll be more enjoyable to watch them fold on their own as the season plays out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #517 on: April 09, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »
Same.  Tired.  Routine.  At least you’re consistent....and seemingly miserable.

They weren’t destroyed?  It’ll be more enjoyable to watch them fold on their own as the season plays out.

Again, congrats on your series win in mid April to move a half game up on the Brewers. Awesome job Cubbies!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #518 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »
Again, congrats on your series win in mid April to move a half game up on the Brewers. Awesome job Cubbies!

Ha...there you go....appreciate the kind words and, even better,...no adolescent nicknames...maybe you have grown up.

And congrats to the Brewers for committing as many errors as runs scored over the four games.

Always enjoyable going back to the alma mater for home games in Milwaukee.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #519 on: April 09, 2018, 09:29:29 PM »
Ha...there you go....appreciate the kind words and, even better,...no adolescent nicknames...maybe you have grown up.

And congrats to the Brewers for committing as many errors as runs scored over the four games.

Always enjoyable going back to the alma mater for home games in Milwaukee.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Milwaukee. Congrats on your half game lead on the Brewers despite how awful you apparently think they are!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #520 on: April 09, 2018, 09:50:44 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your time in Milwaukee. Congrats on your half game lead on the Brewers despite how awful you apparently think they are!

Thanks....city and campus look great.  I could care less about our lead over the Brewers, we've played 9 games.  Just glad to take 3 out of 4 and doing so without Rizzo for the last 3.  21-9 in our last 30 at Wrigley North...wish we could play there more.

Hope the Brewers get their defense in order and find a closer otherwise I'm afraid it'll be yet another lost season in Milwaukee...and after paying Aramis Ramirez $3M this year maybe they'll continue their aggressiveness in free agency for next year.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #521 on: April 09, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »

Dork.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #522 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:11 PM »
Thanks....city and campus look great.  I could care less about our lead over the Brewers, we've played 9 games.  Just glad to take 3 out of 4 and doing so without Rizzo for the last 3.  21-9 in our last 30 at Wrigley North...wish we could play there more.

Hope the Brewers get their defense in order and find a closer otherwise I'm afraid it'll be yet another lost season in Milwaukee...and after paying Aramis Ramirez $3M this year maybe they'll continue their aggressiveness in free agency for next year.

Because the Cubbies have had so few lost years in their history.

Cubs fans are hilarious. I love it.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #523 on: April 09, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
Because the Cubbies have had so few lost years in their history.

Cubs fans are hilarious. I love it.

We all know you're not laughing.  These last few years must be horrible for you....I should've come around to see it....love that you have to keep bringing up "history".....knowing that the Cubs have been the most successful team in baseball the last three years...but, yes, we all know about the WS drought....but then again....that's also "history."

I'm sure the Brewers will get one some day....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #524 on: April 09, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »
We all know you're not laughing.  These last few years must be horrible for you....I should've come around to see it....love that you have to keep bringing up "history".....knowing that the Cubs have been the most successful team in baseball the last three years...but, yes, we all know about the WS drought....but then again....that's also "history."

I'm sure the Brewers will get one some day....

We only have about 65 years to play with to avoid the Cubbies drought. Congrats on your successful 3 seasons. Definitely wipes out 108 years.

Like I said, Cubs fans are hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:19:19 PM by wadesworld »