[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 497179 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
Nice try but no.  And I'm not getting into that debate here.

To run a child-care center?  No.

To be a janitor?  Sure.

I wasn't trying to start anything. Just pointing out a similarity.

I meant, would you hire him to work for you directly? Would you be OK informing your team that they'll be working with a registered sex offender? Personally, I wouldn't.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
I wasn't trying to start anything. Just pointing out a similarity.

I meant, would you hire him to work for you directly? Would you be OK informing your team that they'll be working with a registered sex offender? Personally, I wouldn't.
Do you just expect registered sex offenders to never work again? How do you expect them to rehab if you literally take any chance of that away.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »
Do you just expect registered sex offenders to never work again? How do you expect them to rehab if you literally take any chance of that away.

I didn't say that they shouldn't work. I said that I wouldn't hire him.

Would YOU hire him to work for you directly and be OK informing your team that they'll be working with a registered sex offender?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
I didn't say that they shouldn't work. I said that I wouldn't hire him.

Would YOU hire him to work for you directly and be OK informing your team that they'll be working with a registered sex offender?

If they served their punishment yes. After all that's what the punishment is there for. And yes I would be perfectly okay with informing my team that they will be working with a sex offender (even though that information would not be provided with them in the case of juveniles) they don't need to be friends, just Co workers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »
If they served their punishment yes. After all that's what the punishment is there for. And yes I would be perfectly okay with informing my team that they will be working with a sex offender (even though that information would not be provided with them in the case of juveniles) they don't need to be friends, just Co workers.

If the guy you are hiring failed to update his status as a registered sex offender and therefore his status as a sex offender because of a pedophile charge as a juvenile becomes public you should definitely disclose that to your employees that the new guy you're hiring is a sex offender due to something he did as a juvenile that is public because as an adult he was cited for a lack of updating his status.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2018, 01:14:02 PM »
Over the last week the White Sox have won a series with the Brewers, split 4 wtih the Twins, and took 2 of 3 in Fenway.  Bring on Cleveland!!!

Rodon - Lopez - Covey could actually spell some difficulty in a 3 game set. 

If the Sox have really found something in Covey, who has been unreal (granted in like 4 starts, but if he can even be a backend starter, it will be a great thing for the rebuild.  It is hard to believe this is the same guy that was getting smacked all around the yard last season (even if he was rushed to the bigs for rule 5 purposes).

Check out this.  All sorts of nasty.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1005408274278207488

Oh, and if you love ridiculous pitching gifs, pitching ninja is your guy.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:20:24 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »
Over the last week the White Sox have won a series with the Brewers, split 4 wtih the Twins, and took 2 of 3 in Fenway.  Bring on Cleveland!!!

If the Sox have really found something in Covey, who has been unreal (granted in like 4 starts, but if he can even be a backend starter, it will be a great thing for the rebuild.  It is hard to believe this is the same guy that was getting smacked all around the yard last season (even if he was rushed to the bigs for rule 5 purposes).

I was at Covey's first career win a few weeks back vs Baltimore and was really surprised at the quality of his stuff. I mean, OK, it's the Orioles, but he was consistently in the mid 90s with movement on his fastball, and his breaking stuff was sharp. No idea how or whether this lasts, but it's fun to watch. If it somehow continues, it sure takes some of the sting off Fullmer's failures (and perhaps pushes Fullmer into a more appropriate bullpen role).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1257 on: June 11, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »
I was at Covey's first career win a few weeks back vs Baltimore and was really surprised at the quality of his stuff. I mean, OK, it's the Orioles, but he was consistently in the mid 90s with movement on his fastball, and his breaking stuff was sharp. No idea how or whether this lasts, but it's fun to watch. If it somehow continues, it sure takes some of the sting off Fullmer's failures (and perhaps pushes Fullmer into a more appropriate bullpen role).

Did the White Sox hire Chris Bosio?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
Detroit did.  Getting more out of the staff than anybody expected,  despite a rash of injuries.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1259 on: June 11, 2018, 06:05:05 PM »

All of his pitches are 1-2 mph better than last year. If he can maintain that.......

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1260 on: June 11, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
A couple former White Sox dueling in Milwaukee.  Can the Brewers finally break through against the Cubs?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1261 on: June 11, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »
Cubs and Brewers are going to have the same problem at the end of the year: overused bullpen.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2018, 09:23:24 PM »
Cubs and Brewers are going to have the same problem at the end of the year: overused bullpen.

I don't know if that will happen - at least in Milwaukee. Counsel has been very judicious with his top 4 guys. He always gives Hader at least 2 days off whenever he throws more than one inning. Jeffrey's is limited to one inning and Knebel has not been used heavily at all.

Guess we'll find out in a couple months.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1263 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »

Joakim Soria, Nate Jones, Luis Avilan, Bruce Rondon.  All for sale on the South Side.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
Damn that was a forgiving strike for a pitcher who hasn't hit the plate

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:36 PM »
I don't know if that will happen - at least in Milwaukee. Counsel has been very judicious with his top 4 guys. He always gives Hader at least 2 days off whenever he throws more than one inning. Jeffrey's is limited to one inning and Knebel has not been used heavily at all.

Guess we'll find out in a couple months.

Even with days off, the innings loads are stacking up.

For the Cubs anyway, in 2016, their starters went deep into games and their bullpen stayed pretty solid in the postseason. Last season the bullpen took on a much higher inning load and looked gassed in the playoffs. It also helped in 2016, the Cubs had a large lead and could rest guys.

The inning load on the bullpen this year reminds me a lot of last season and that gives me concern for August and September. I wouldn’t mind the Cubs trying to grab a fresh bullpen arm or two at the deadline.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:15:16 PM by TallTitan34 »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1266 on: June 11, 2018, 10:18:19 PM »
Even with days off, the innings loads are stacking up.
It also helped in 2016, the Cubs had a large lead and could rest guys.

It's this. The cubs had such a jump on everyone that they could afford to be very laid back with the bullpen. It also helped that the bats were hot the entire year and they kept finding ways to win in any game.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1267 on: June 11, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
Detroit did.  Getting more out of the staff than anybody expected,  despite a rash of injuries.

Oh, you're not familiar with Wades' tired schtick.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1268 on: June 11, 2018, 11:07:02 PM »
I enjoyed the 11th inning.

How about Jason Heyward lately. This is the guy they thought they were signing.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1269 on: June 11, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »
Couldn’t believe the Brewers took Guerra out at 72 pitches to go with Hader. I know he’s been lights out but why not see if Guerra can get you few more outs and if he gets in a jam bring Hader in?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1270 on: June 11, 2018, 11:13:43 PM »
Couldn’t believe the Brewers took Guerra out at 72 pitches to go with Hader. I know he’s been lights out but why not see if Guerra can get you few more outs and if he gets in a jam bring Hader in?

I actually thought it was the right move. Hader has obviously been dominant and I don't believe Guerra has really gone deep in any games.

Just checked - hasn't gone past 6. Hard to blame Counsell for that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:15:40 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »

Cubs need 1 game to win the season series.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1272 on: June 11, 2018, 11:17:02 PM »
I actually thought it was the right move. Hader has obviously been dominant and I don't believe Guerra has really gone deep in any games.

Someone here mentioned that they give Hader at least two days off when throwing more than an inning. That would make him out for the rest of the series.

I would have tried to get another inning out of Guerra, then gone to Hader so he would be available Wednesday.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1273 on: June 11, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
Someone here mentioned that they give Hader at least two days off when throwing more than an inning. That would make him out for the rest of the series.

I would have tried to get another inning out of Guerra, then gone to Hader so he would be available Wednesday.

Couldn't really argue with that either. Guerra did start to get hit quite a bit harder in the 6th with a Rizzo line out and Contreras just missing a HR.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1274 on: June 11, 2018, 11:20:18 PM »
I enjoyed the 11th inning.

How about Jason Heyward lately. This is the guy they thought they were signing.

Don’t forget his game tying single in the 8th.

feedback