[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 92583 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #400 on: February 08, 2021, 05:44:43 PM »
Thank you, Elon

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2021, 10:36:54 AM »
Market cap of BTC is now over $1T USD

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2021, 05:57:13 PM »
carried over $56,000 today
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2021, 05:38:45 AM »
👀

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2021, 07:01:52 AM »
👀

Still up more than 10x from a year ago.  People are easily spooked.  People talked about diamond hands in regards to GME stock?  I've watch my BTC go from a couple thousand to a couple hundred thousand and back down.  If I thought this was a get rich quick thing, I'd have considered selling.  But my number is much higher.

BTW, get your Ethereum while it's still cheap.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2021, 07:15:40 AM »
Thank you, Elon

Heh, he's a scum bag, really.  Saying he won't be accepting BTC for Tesla's currently is such a hedge.  He can affect the price this way, and then when BTC drops to where it is he can start accepting again.  So instead of a 3 costing 1/2 a BTC, it costs one BTC now.  And his hope is that in the long run that buy looks really foolish for the Tesla buyer, and genius for Elon.

He's just playing the game, really.  But he has a TON of sycophants that don't know when they're being played, and think that Elon can do no wrong... which is hilarious.  He is as capable of putting his foot in his mouth as anyone (see Covid) but when he does it, it affects financial markets worldwide.  Talk about tangible power.  All hail the Corporatocracy!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2021, 07:18:55 AM »
Still up more than 10x from a year ago.  People are easily spooked.  People talked about diamond hands in regards to GME stock?  I've watch my BTC go from a couple thousand to a couple hundred thousand and back down.  If I thought this was a get rich quick thing, I'd have considered selling.  But my number is much higher.

Indeed, if one still believes in Bitcoin, one should be buying now.

Cathie Wood said again yesterday that she thinks it's going to $500K ... though her calls lately haven't exactly been golden.

Disclosure: I am not a crypto investor.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2021, 08:44:50 AM »

Cathie Wood might end up being right. I am holding on and trying not to follow the crazy ups and downs.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2021, 09:15:12 AM »
Heh, he's a scum bag, really.  Saying he won't be accepting BTC for Tesla's currently is such a hedge.  He can affect the price this way, and then when BTC drops to where it is he can start accepting again.  So instead of a 3 costing 1/2 a BTC, it costs one BTC now.  And his hope is that in the long run that buy looks really foolish for the Tesla buyer, and genius for Elon.

He's just playing the game, really.  But he has a TON of sycophants that don't know when they're being played, and think that Elon can do no wrong... which is hilarious.  He is as capable of putting his foot in his mouth as anyone (see Covid) but when he does it, it affects financial markets worldwide.  Talk about tangible power.  All hail the Corporatocracy!
We know he manipulated the market up after he took a big position, then sold some in order to make his quarterly numbers.

Then he talked it down (won't accept it for purchases, too costly environmentally) before talking it back up (diamond hands). Question is, did he buy more in between those two statements?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2021, 10:10:28 AM »
BUY THE DIP

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2021, 10:15:06 AM »
We know he manipulated the market up after he took a big position, then sold some in order to make his quarterly numbers.

Then he talked it down (won't accept it for purchases, too costly environmentally) before talking it back up (diamond hands). Question is, did he buy more in between those two statements?

I'd bet the farm that he did.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #411 on: May 20, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »

I'm sure he did. Not regulated the way stocks are, so he can get away with it.

I'm sure that will change soon though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #412 on: May 20, 2021, 10:35:47 AM »
I'm sure he did. Not regulated the way stocks are, so he can get away with it.

I'm sure that will change soon though.

*doubt*

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2021, 11:10:08 AM »
Agreed on all posts, Hards

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #414 on: May 20, 2021, 11:41:49 AM »
I'd bet the farm that he did.
Me too. And he is laughing all the way.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #415 on: May 20, 2021, 12:14:41 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2021, 01:14:55 PM »
That should cover Tesla's next shortfall.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2021, 02:56:12 PM »
Question for the SEC experts...

Ok so even though manipulating the price of bitcoin by an individual is not illegal, since bitcoin is largely unregulated...

What about a publicly traded company (like Tesla) benefitting from such manipulation, to the extent that it impacts profitability and stock price?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2021, 03:51:02 PM »
Question for the SEC experts...

Ok so even though manipulating the price of bitcoin by an individual is not illegal, since bitcoin is largely unregulated...

What about a publicly traded company (like Tesla) benefitting from such manipulation, to the extent that it impacts profitability and stock price?

Not an SEC expert, but I think thats too hard to prove without explicit evidence that they are behind it.  Its scummy, but thats part of the genius behind it all IMO.

If I'm a copper pipe manufacturer and there is widespread manipulation in the price of copper that it plummets and I buy a bunch allowing my costs to dive down for a time, my profitability to rise, and my stock to pop, why should I be punished?  Even if those who manipulated the copper are prosecuted and fined.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
Not an SEC expert, but I think thats too hard to prove without explicit evidence that they are behind it.  Its scummy, but thats part of the genius behind it all IMO.

If I'm a copper pipe manufacturer and there is widespread manipulation in the price of copper that it plummets and I buy a bunch allowing my costs to dive down for a time, my profitability to rise, and my stock to pop, why should I be punished?  Even if those who manipulated the copper are prosecuted and fined.

Right, Musk hasn't be fined because there isn't enough to charge him on.  My guess is that he'll push it too far one day and the new line for what can be gotten away with will be established.

As you know, with him, there is a rather large rebellious side.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #420 on: May 21, 2021, 07:40:24 AM »
Right, Musk hasn't be fined because there isn't enough to charge him on.  My guess is that he'll push it too far one day and the new line for what can be gotten away with will be established.

As you know, with him, there is a rather large rebellious side.
His fine amounts to a tiny tax on the billions made from him simply frontrunning his own tweets. By no means enough of a disincentive to make him stop.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2021, 10:41:51 AM »
His fine amounts to a tiny tax on the billions made from him simply frontrunning his own tweets. By no means enough of a disincentive to make him stop.

An endemic problem with fining companies.  It's never enough to make much of a difference.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2021, 11:47:51 AM »

A fine is only a punishment to the poor. To the wealthy it's a cost.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2021, 01:42:51 PM »
A fine is only a punishment to the poor. To the wealthy it's a cost.

A corporate fine less than the profit is simply a tax

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2021, 10:41:12 AM »
We've hit on potential regulation of cryptos elsewhere in this thread and I though this article on the wash sale rules and recent BTC value plummet adds another interesting angle to that - https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/bitcoin-crash-opens-door-to-a-tax-loophole-for-investors.html