[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: On MU ... “They don’t cover anyone, they think it is a F’ing Diesase”  (Read 10390 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
The above quote was from EIU’s head coach Jay Spoonhour (Son of the great coach Charlie Spoonhour).

I know this because I sat in row one behind the visitors' bench and EIU does not use stools near the foul line like MU or most other coaches.  They sit on the bench and given my seats, I was literally in the huddle.

The exact quote came mid-way through the second half when EIU was up 7.  Spoonhour had a giant sh!t eating grin on his face and said (paraphrasing but I think I’m close) ...

“They don’t cover anyone, they think it is a f’ing disease like their d!cks will fall off if they actually cover anyone.”  He then went on tell then to pound the rock into Dama, which they did and it worked.

(How’s that for the opposite of a Wojo huddle!)

Question, was Spoonhour wrong?  From what I saw that was a totally accurate statement.

The larger question, we know this team can score, when should we start to worry about their inability to play defense?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:11:51 AM by 1.21 Jigawatts »

GGGG

• All American
Literally one post above this one.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54916.0

Why do you start your own threads when there are others on topic? 

DienerTime34

• All American
The above quote was from EIU’s head coach Jay Spoonhour (Son of the great coach Charlie Spoonhour).

I know this becuase I sat in row one behind the visitors bench and EIU does not use stools near the foul line like MU or most other coaches.  They sit on the bench and given my seats, I was literally in the huddle.

The exact quote came mid-way though the second half when EIU was up 7.  Spoonhour had a giant sh!t eating grin on his face and said (paraphrasing but I think I’m close) ...

“They don’t cover anyone, they think it is a f’ing disease, like their d!cks will fall off if they actually cover a anyone.”  He then went on tell then to pound the rock into Dama, which they did and it worked.

Question, was Spoonhour wrong?  From what I saw that was a totally accurate statement.

Larger question, we know this team can score, when should we start to worry about their inability to play defense?

Once Wojo gets all his own players they'll be able to execute his defense better.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Once Wojo gets all his own players they'll be able to execute his defense better.

Teal right?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Literally one post above this one.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54916.0

Why do you start your own threads when there are others on topic?

Interesting ... I thought you anal post nazis were going to tell me it should have been part of the Wojo time-out thread,

BM1090

• All American
Chances this quote actually happened. Less than 25%? The first 2 rows behind EIU's bench last night consisted pretty much entirely of the EIU travel party and D'angelo Jackson's friends and family.

That said, our defense does suck pretty bad.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Chances this quote actually happened. Less than 25%? The first 2 rows behind EIU's bench last night consisted pretty much entirely of the EIU travel party and D'angelo Jackson's friends and family.

That said, our defense does suck pretty bad.

I was three seats down from them.

Section 227

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Did the ball boys clean up the Johnsons?

hairy worthen

• All American

I know this because I sat in row one behind the visitors' bench and EIU does not use stools near the foul line like MU or most other coaches.  They sit on the bench and given my seats, I was literally in the huddle.

The exact quote came mid-way through the second half when EIU was up 7.  Spoonhour had a giant sh!t eating grin on his face and said (paraphrasing but I think I’m close) ...

“They don’t cover anyone, they think it is a f’ing disease like their d!cks will fall off if they actually cover anyone.”  He then went on tell then to pound the rock into Dama, which they did and it worked.

The larger question, we know this team can score, when should we start to worry about their inability to play defense?

Coaches say all kinds of crazy stuff. EIU likes to drive to the basket so he wanted to give his players  confidence to know that they could. Having said that the defense needs to improve and I am sure it will. Also give the competition some credit, they hit shots, and were aggressive to the ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Interesting ... I thought you anal post nazis were going to tell me it should have been part of the Wojo time-out thread,
Says the guy whining about the NRA being Godwin'ed in another thread.   At least you're consistent Smuggles.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
At least you could understand what the coach said in the huddle.  Wojo shouts incomplete sentences like Buzz did.  He yells three words or so and repeats them hoarsely.  Why doesn’t he talk normally and more articulately to the players? 

Pakuni

• All American
At least you could understand what the coach said in the huddle.  Wojo shouts incomplete sentences like Buzz did.  He yells three words or so and repeats them hoarsely.  Why doesn’t he talk normally and more articulately to the players?

This has somehow become a thing?

#UnleashSean

• All American

#theotherthing?

esotericmindguy

• All American

I think it's beyond worrying at this point. EIU shoots 52%? That's pathetic, they should struggle getting a shot off with the Athletes Marquette recruits. The defense is a joke, how can they overcome it is the real question.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

For many of us last season if not the season before.

GGGG

• All American

You're late to the party.  The "Wojo just says random sh*t during timeouts" thing has been around for at least three years.  I think Ners started it.

willie warrior

• All American
Lets face it sports fans. It is time that the hot seat is warmed up under Wojo's ass. He has all his own players and is out of excuses. While he can recruit, he cannot game plan, adapt and teach defense. One might even question his recruiting ability, because the talent level only marginally competes with the rest of the BEast. Middle of the pack each Year? Get taken to OT on home court by Eastern Illinois? C'mon Man.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Osiris

• Starter
I thought Logan was the coach of EIU?
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.

Are you the Misfits fan?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Litehouse

• All American
Are you the Misfits fan?

Haha!!  I noticed that too.

Osiris

• Starter
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

79Warrior

• All American
Lets face it sports fans. It is time that the hot seat is warmed up under Wojo's ass. He has all his own players and is out of excuses. While he can recruit, he cannot game plan, adapt and teach defense. One might even question his recruiting ability, because the talent level only marginally competes with the rest of the BEast. Middle of the pack each Year? Get taken to OT on home court by Eastern Illinois? C'mon Man.

The perplexing aspect is 4 years or so into this rebuild we are relying on Freshmen. Ouch.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified

To this point we have beaten every team we were supposed to and lost to every team we were supposed to this season. That is no reason for a coach's seat to get warm, let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

Unless we finish in the bottom two of the Big East (assuming no major injuries), Wojo's seat will not be warm by the end of the year. Next year is his make or break season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
The sad part is, that coach probably did say that.... just sad. Step it up, Wojo.