Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: On MU ... “They don’t cover anyone, they think it is a F’ing Diesase”  (Read 10554 times)

tower912

• All American
Watching the game again.  MU' s defensive issues appeared to be  live ball turnovers, Howard and Rowsey getting broken down, rotations brought on by the breakdowns, and getting killed on the defensive boards leading to scrambles.

The will was there.  Particularly from the frosh and Anim.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:43:54 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
Amazing that we were able to make the tournament last year and beat two solid teams in Maui with no good players and terrible coaching.

I know, hey?  And didn't we finish 4th last year?   ::)

skianth16

• All American
I don't understand the point.  So what if we have beaten "who we were supposed to?"  If we finish 7th in conference "like we are supposed to" is that sufficient? I think after 4 years we can begin to demand the bar be higher.  Our defense is sad, has been since year 1, and Wojo should feel heat for that.

This has been my sentiment since the start of last year. I understand that people want to support the program regardless of the players and coaches involved, and that's fine. But it should also be fine to be upset that we went from being a perennial tournament team (and contender) with NBA prospects to now beating Mt. Saint Mary's by 2 in an exhibition. The program has fallen off in a big way, and being upset that Wojo can't get us back to where we used to be is a rational response, in my opinion.

The fact that we have struggled to play a complete game so far this year (VCU maybe?) is concerning. Our absolutely pitiful defense year after year is beyond concerning to me. And the continued trend of players leaving mid-season is a very bad sign. Wojo has done a nice job of recruiting, and he's pulled off some nice wins here and there, but by and large, he deserves much of the criticism he gets on scoop. He came from an elite program and learned under one of the best of all time. Expectations should be high both for him and the program; he needs to feel some pressure to perform this year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
This has been my sentiment since the start of last year. I understand that people want to support the program regardless of the players and coaches involved, and that's fine. But it should also be fine to be upset that we went from being a perennial tournament team (and contender) with NBA prospects to now beating Mt. Saint Mary's by 2 in an exhibition. The program has fallen off in a big way, and being upset that Wojo can't get us back to where we used to be is a rational response, in my opinion.

The fact that we have struggled to play a complete game so far this year (VCU maybe?) is concerning. Our absolutely pitiful defense year after year is beyond concerning to me. And the continued trend of players leaving mid-season is a very bad sign. Wojo has done a nice job of recruiting, and he's pulled off some nice wins here and there, but by and large, he deserves much of the criticism he gets on scoop. He came from an elite program and learned under one of the best of all time. Expectations should be high both for him and the program; he needs to feel some pressure to perform this year.

What team was a contender? The two best teams we’ve had since the FF were the 2011-12 and 2008-09 teams and neither of those were going to win the championship.
Maigh Eo for Sam

skianth16

• All American
What team was a contender? The two best teams we’ve had since the FF were the 2011-12 and 2008-09 teams and neither of those were going to win the championship.

When I said contender I didn't mean a contender to win a championship. I meant a team that was consistently ranked, winning 22+ games, and a lock for the tournament. It was also nice to have pro prospects around regularly. And yes, I'm aware that Wojo brought in Ellenson, so I'll give him that as a nice feather in his cap, But even with Ellenson, we couldn't get to the tournament or have a winning record in conference play, so that's not really great for the team.

Eldon

• All American
When I said contender I didn't mean a contender to win a championship. I meant a team that was consistently ranked, winning 22+ games, and a lock for the tournament. It was also nice to have pro prospects around regularly. And yes, I'm aware that Wojo brought in Ellenson, so I'll give him that as a nice feather in his cap, But even with Ellenson, we couldn't get to the tournament or have a winning record in conference play, so that's not really great for the team.

I miss being a lock for the tournament :(

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
I miss being a lock for the tournament :(

Truth
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback