Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's Huddles  (Read 22689 times)

oldwarrior81

• All American
Re: Wojo’s Huddles
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
Hear the under 4 minute huddle in the 1H? 

Clearly, Wojo read this thread.

It confused Steven Bardo.  Wojo tells them to not let Hill shoot the jumper. Make him drive.  But don't let him drive.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
He had some real coaching jargon, some non-puffery lingo. 

I'm pretty sure I heard him say not to get caught letting the paint dry on the picket fence.

On chat we had a lip reader provide us the low down:  “Free Arby’s potato cakes to the first of you mfers who plays defense”.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »
On chat we had a lip reader provide us the low down:  “Free Arby’s potato cakes to the first of you mfers who plays defense”.

Have no fear, the taters in question are safe and still available for Scoopers.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »
So this thread was brought up on Homer’s Marquette basketball hour podcast and wojo addresses it. They’re not allowed to show any strategy on TV hopefully this shuts down this idiotic concept forever.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:51:04 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
So this thread was brought up on Homer’s Marquette basketball hour podcast and wojo addresses it. They’re not allowed to show any strategy on TV hopefully this craps down this idiotic concept forever.

Yeah this has been brought up each and every time this yearly complaint pops up, but without fail every single year somebody starts a thread complaining that all they hear in the 8 second clip from the 180 second timeout is Wojo yelling, "WE HAVE TO COMPETE!" at his players.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2017, 08:51:18 AM »
So this thread was brought up on Homer’s Marquette basketball hour podcast and wojo addresses it. They’re not allowed to show any strategy on TV hopefully this craps down this idiotic concept forever.

Wojo should just mess with the TV guys whenever they broadcast a huddle. He should just scream. "Score points!  Stop the other team from scoring points!"  over and over until they turn the cameras off.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2017, 08:52:10 AM »
So this thread was brought up on Homer’s Marquette basketball hour podcast and wojo addresses it. They’re not allowed to show any strategy on TV hopefully this shuts down this idiotic concept forever.

It won’t.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »
Wojo should just mess with the TV guys whenever they broadcast a huddle. He should just scream. "Score points!  Stop the other team from scoring points!"  over and over until they turn the cameras off.

This. And then at the end say “the team with the most points is going to win!”
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »
This. And then at the end say “the team with the most points is going to win!”

Perfect.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »
I think that he should tell a quick joke for the cameras.

"You've got a gun with 2 bullets, and Bo Ryan, Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer are standing in front of you. What do you do?"

Blank stare from players.

"Shoot Bo twice!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »
I think that he should tell a quick joke for the cameras.

"You've got a gun with 2 bullets, and Bo Ryan, Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer are standing in front of you. What do you do?"

Blank stare from players.

"Shoot Bo twice!"

Well, yeah.   Dahmer and Manson are already dead.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
Well, yeah.   Dahmer and Manson are already dead.

Ya got me there. Sub in two of the many mass shooters if you prefer. Or maybe a coupla politicians.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »
Any mention of the cuddles?
Goal is National Championship

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »
Wood bee solid four Wojo two just drop his drawers, bend over, and blow a kiss at the camera while his huddle is shown live, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »
This thread or this topic?  Did he introduce it by saying "Those idiots on Scoop...."?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »
If he did say "those idiots on scoop", each of us would agree about everyone else.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »
This thread or this topic?  Did he introduce it by saying "Those idiots on Scoop...."?

Pretty sure next week he’s going to ask if wojo can y’all about his favorite Midwest city in the huddle instead
Maigh Eo for Sam

fjm

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »
Hopefully next week they talk about Arby's and how terrible Red Deliciius apples are.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
Ya got me there. Sub in two of the many mass shooters if you prefer. Or maybe a coupla politicians.

Pelosi?
Or maybe just stick ur finger in her ass?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »
Hopefully next week they talk about Arby's and how terrible Red Deliciius apples are.

Securing these cuddle corporate sponsorships is another revenue source to alleviate the new arena costs for us Scoopers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
Pelosi?
Or maybe just stick ur finger in her ass?

I really hope you're not as old as you claim to be
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »
This isn't from a huddle, but in yesterday's media discussion about the UW game, Wojo mentioned that Greg leads the team in deflections. I remember this being a big focal point for some of our better defenders in past years (I think Jerel mentioned it a lot), but I don't recall Wojo mentioning it very often. Did I miss something in past pressers, or could this be an indication that he may be focusing more attention on defense now?

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
This isn't from a huddle, but in yesterday's media discussion about the UW game, Wojo mentioned that Greg leads the team in deflections. I remember this being a big focal point for some of our better defenders in past years (I think Jerel mentioned it a lot), but I don't recall Wojo mentioning it very often. Did I miss something in past pressers, or could this be an indication that he may be focusing more attention on defense now?

Deflections were a major talking point for Crean with the media. But, remember, this was TC, a guy looking for any angle to promote anything. Tracking deflections was hardily new. Difference is TC started talking to the media about it, thus it seemed revolutionary. It wasn't. I would be shocked to learn a D-1 program that wasn't tracking deflections and stressing it. This includes MU and Wojo prior to this year as well.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »
Now if Wojo starts talking about paint touches....

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
Now if Wojo starts talking about paint touches....

Or Midwestern cities...

feedback