Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 5978 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: SOTG
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
MU82

The GB loss was discussed at length at our house post game last night. That night I was pissed off and could not believe it, last night I thought it was mildly amusing that we they could have lost. Good news for me is that at this point I no longer get pissed off.

08-09: Dayton and South Florida

09-10: NCstate and Depaul

10-11: Seton Hall

11-12: LSU

12-13: UWGB

The perfect season doesn’t exist and never did, keep in mind these are just losses there’s loads of close calls in that group against the likes of UWM, Rutgers, South Florida and more. I’m not saying don’t be alarmed but maybe apathy isn’t warranted when this has happened every season for years.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:49:01 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
UNO any one?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »
UNO any one?

This.  Glow was trying to claim that we have not lost a buy game in recent memory.  It took me a second to remember the exact team, but I reminded him about Omaha.
Have some patience, FFS.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
Just because the team as whole played poorly last night doesn't take away from Sam's performance. He's definitely the reason we won, plus adding in 8 or 9 boards along with the 30 points shows that he's getting tougher and getting more comfortable inside the 3 point line. I like the way he's been playing lately, and with HC gone, we're going to need to rely on Sam even more, so let's hope he can keep this up.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:51 AM »
Sam was clutch.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »
In Dec 2012, we lost to Green Bay. Four months later, Green Bay capped its 18-16 with a first-round CIT loss to Bradley ... and we reached the Elite Eight.

I'm not saying we are an Elite Eight team. That would be silly. I'm not even sure we're a bubble team. But college basketball history is filled with just the kind of results that happened last night ... except the major-college team that performs horribly actually lost.

I was happy to nominate Sam for SOTG, and I'm glad to see his photo on this page again.

I remember being at that GB and nearly pulling out my hair as Buzz set a play for an inconsistent Jake Thomas to take the potential game winner from the corner and brick the shot. Worst game I've been to.

But also, this game could have been much worse. An ugly win still beats a loss. I'm happy for Sam but I think he still needs to be more assertive in this offense.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »
Sam committed 3 VERY sloppy turnovers, the kind he rarely does. As previously noted, he didn't have his usual solid defensive game, either. Those are my only gripes and do not otherwise detract from his performance. If he had been the one who left the program instead of Haani, we probably would have lost this game by 15+ points. This was the easiest SOTG of the season so far.

Oh, one other point: Sam is actually a darn good post-up player, especially the few times he has a high advantage. He had a couple of very nice post possessions yesterday and I was wishing he tried a few more - but when you're as hot as he was from 3, I can understand wanting to shoot more of those.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »
There is very little that Sam doesn't do fundamentally well on a basketball court. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
This.  Glow was trying to claim that we have not lost a buy game in recent memory.  It took me a second to remember the exact team, but I reminded him about Omaha.

Does Belmont count? Then there was the iupui game that went to ot and we barely won.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Looks like I'm needed to break the tie....Sir Sam Hauser

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
What's with the nobody jokes? Sam goes for 10 over his career high in a wonderful performance. Got over this road bump. He was clutch.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 11:35:09 AM »
There is very little that Sam doesn't do fundamentally well on a basketball court.

Agree 1000%

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2017, 12:06:37 PM »
Does Belmont count? Then there was the iupui game that went to ot and we barely won.

I believe that Belmont was technically the first round of a tournament, not a buy game.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »
We lost to North Dakota one year with James, McNeal, and Matthews.  Barely beat Idaho St in OT another year.  These clunkers happen.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »
We lost to North Dakota one year with James, McNeal, and Matthews.  Barely beat Idaho St in OT another year.  These clunkers happen.

Yep. Anyone trying to promote last night as a good thing is pumping sunshine up your butt. But anyone trying to use this as definitive proof that the team is garbage and the season is doomed is just guessing. Good teams play poorly some nights. Hopefully, the coaches use it and the team learns from it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
Yep. Anyone trying to promote last night as a good thing is pumping sunshine up your butt. But anyone trying to use this as definitive proof that the team is garbage and the season is doomed is just guessing. Good teams play poorly some nights. Hopefully, the coaches use it and the team learns from it.

Well stated.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »

This.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »

The people who are complaining seem to be the Al era people who would’ve been complaining even during the 05-13 years saying Al never had near losses like this
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback