'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OCD overcomes social experiment  (Read 7845 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: OCD overcomes social experiment
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
Good stuff Jay Bee, but you had a bit of a covfefe in this parpagraph:

Per Synergy, the 5-foot-11 Howard oHoHoward hFDFJFJFJFJFhas scored 28 points in 18 possessions as the P&R ball handler. That mark of 1.56 ppp puts him in the 99% percentile nationally and is one of the contributors to his strong 2FG% thus far.

Dang Russians. Thanks.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 04:25:24 PM »
Good stuff JB. That BartTovic list is interesting. Only 6 players qualify...and we've played 5 of them...the 6th plays for Buzz. What are the odds?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 04:28:18 PM »
I think it is great how well MU travels. Speaks volumes to how strong our fan base is. Dan Shulman mentioned it several times during the broadcast.

Me's thinks it is BennyB's organizational skills that brought the MU faithful to Hawaii

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »
Finally watched the game last night on replay.  WSU is really good.  They got away with a lot of very physical defense, especially on our guards.  There were times where Howard and Rowsey were fouled 3-4 times by 2-3 different guys just in one drive.  Our team is good... probably the best 25 minutes or so of hoops I've seen them play in a long time, but we're one player short.  On days when all of the big 3 are good, we can beat anyone.  Take away one, and the next guys don't seem ready to step up.

Contrary to the others, I thought we got pretty good minutes from the Freshmen.  They weren't lost defensively and didn't commit lots of turnovers.  That's good for freshmen. 

"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2017, 01:56:26 AM »
Me's thinks it is BennyB's organizational skills that brought the MU faithful to Hawaii

I’m not taking credit, but this year’s MU crowd did appear substantially better than edit:2012 2017.  One thing I did notice were a lot of “return-trippers” (who were here in 2012) that brought add’l family/friends with them this time. 

So actually, I will take credit for the 4 additional MU fans I brought along this time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:47:51 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 12:00:56 PM »
I’m not taking credit, but this year’s MU crowd did appear substantially better than 2017.  One thing I did notice were a lot of “return-trippers” (who were here in 2012) that brought add’l family/friends with them this time. 

So actually, I will take credit for the 4 additional MU fans I brought along this time.

+1.  This was by far the best turnout I have seen for these holiday tournaments. Lots of families and extended families with young kids. I first thought WSU had more, but I soon realized that only Chaminade didn't have gold as its school color. So many large families there, I couldn't even pick you out Benny.  The number of kids here was a differentiator for Marquette.

Which begs to question where MU is going with their ticket plan for the new arena? They invoke per seat comparisons to UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and Louisville in their survey.  But, MU's brand and revenue since 1989 has always been driven on the supply side.  These others on the demand side. Families, friends, Chicago alums on weekends, new alum corner, and yes, like Northwestern a fun place for opposing teams to travel. Adding seat licenses and club fees adds a corporate element that changes MU's brand and increases pressure on the demand side.

MU is in a tough spot with the new deal and tax changes. I hope they don't stray too far from their family and friends identity. I am sure they are well aware of this but it is a fine line at this time.

With that, I also want to thank MU AD for being great hosts out here. First class treatment and department. See you all out here in 2022!

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
I have a question for the Hawaii crowd, I saw Ike on the bench, but did not see Morrow or Froling there?  Is there a rule that transfers can not travel?  If so that must
be a huge bummer for those 2 kids.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
I have a question for the Hawaii crowd, I saw Ike on the bench, but did not see Morrow or Froling there?  Is there a rule that transfers can not travel?  If so that must
be a huge bummer for those 2 kids.

Transfers cannot travel unless they pay their way. Ike is eligible therefore he can travel.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »
Transfers cannot travel unless they pay their way. Ike is eligible therefore he can travel.

Thanks. Was wondering about the transfer rule for these trips.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »

Yes, it's another fine rule re: the year-in-residence requirement. Academics first. Don't need to be making these trips. Focus on school and getting acclimated! #PraiseTheNCAA
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
Yes, it's another fine rule re: the year-in-residence requirement. Academics first. Don't need to be making these trips. Focus on school and getting acclimated! #PraiseTheNCAA
Yeah, I can imagine that Harry and Ed were at the library many hours studying this past week.  ;)