Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wichita vs Cal  (Read 11003 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Wichita vs Cal
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
1. I played competitive sports.  I still do.

2. I am usually correct, as are most liberals.

Pickle ball is not a competitive sport. You talk tough, but you are just an arrogant, talk out of your ass prick, there are few on these boards that don't think that. I remember when you first started posting, there were many that started wondering, who is this ass clown and who does he think he is?? Trust me, there were MANY PM's exchanged when you 'showed" up out of nowhere and were arrogant from day 1. You must be so proud..
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2017, 07:39:37 PM »
Pickle ball is not a competitive sport. You talk tough, but you are just an arrogant, talk out of your ass prick, there are few on these boards that don't think that. I remember when you first started posting, there were many that started wondering, who is this ass clown and who does he think he is?? Trust me, there were MANY PM's exchanged when you 'showed" up out of nowhere and were arrogant from day 1. You must be so proud..

You complain a lot.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2017, 07:41:37 PM »
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »
If we lose to a top 10 team tomorrow but put forth a solid effort and that will piss you off some perspective may be in order.

You are satisfied with a solid effort?? Whatever floats your boat. "The kids played hard and the deserve a ribbon for that". Yes, they may lose, but whether it's close or a blow out, that shouldn't sit well with you, or anyone else. That's what's so sad, and makes my point...this fan base has become so apoplectic that a vast majority are okay with a "solid effort". Just another example of the new generation where as long as you try hard, winning or losing doesn't matter. Let's just stop keeping score in all amateur sports, shall we??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2017, 07:42:33 PM »

Sultan was here almost from the beginning.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2017, 07:42:58 PM »
Muguru

Very true on the PM’s. I received several last week regarding the expert. Several thanked me for challenging him. Funny thing, hardly a challenge.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
Sultan was here almost from the beginning.

I wasn't necessarily referring to this board.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
That's what's so sad, and makes my point...this fan base has become so apoplectic that a vast majority are okay with a "solid effort".

Should I get you a dictionary for Christmas this year?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »
You are satisfied with a solid effort?? Whatever floats your boat. "The kids played hard and the deserve a ribbon for that". Yes, they may lose, but whether it's close or a blow out, that shouldn't sit well with you, or anyone else. That's what's so sad, and makes my point...this fan base has become so apoplectic that a vast majority are okay with a "solid effort". Just another example of the new generation where as long as you try hard, winning or losing doesn't matter. Let's just stop keeping score in all amateur sports, shall we??

What a completely dumb, inaccurate, and over-the-top interpretation of my post.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
Muguru

Very true on the PM’s. I received several last week regarding the expert. Several thanked me for challenging him. Funny thing, hardly a challenge.

Honestly  Goose, I would have ZERO issues with his "tough talk" and his berating posters he doesn't agree with, if he proved he had any hint of knowledge of the sport. I have yet to see him post ANYTHING that would prove that...For example, agaonst Purdue when I was saying I wish Wojo would have at least tried zone...his response to me was "zone would not have worked against them". First, he made the statement matter of factly like he KNEW without a doubt it wouldn't have worked. That points to his arrogance and his thinking he's smarter then everyone else. Second, never once did he explain WHY he THOUGHT zone wouldn't work...jus that it wouldn't. brilliant analysis.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »
What a completely dumb, inaccurate, and over-the-top interpretation of my post.

Was it?? You said...If we lose to a top 10 team tomorrow but put forth a solid effort and that will piss you off some perspective may be in order.

I know what you are getting at, but i have a problem with your IMPLICATION that there is NOTHING to be ashamed of, as long as they put forth a solid effort, even if they still lose. I hate losing..and I promise you, the team nor coaching staff will be happy with a close loss tomorrow either, do you agree with that??

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2017, 07:55:24 PM »
This has quickly degraded into the most inane thread we've seen in awhile. ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2017, 07:59:07 PM »

I say we just let it roll and see where it takes us. I’m hoping muguru posts his old high school stats to prove what an amazing athlete he was or goes full ners talking about dunking in high school
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »

Yep, it's similar to all your total posts are your Resume.  Stay Proud.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »
You are no Ners

One must still have aspirations. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »
Was it?? You said...If we lose to a top 10 team tomorrow but put forth a solid effort and that will piss you off some perspective may be in order.

I know what you are getting at, but i have a problem with your IMPLICATION that there is NOTHING to be ashamed of, as long as they put forth a solid effort, even if they still lose. I hate losing..and I promise you, the team nor coaching staff will be happy with a close loss tomorrow either, do you agree with that??

Who said anything about the team or fans being happy if we lose?  Of course no one will be happy.

But if our team, which is fairly young, loses to a top 10 team with 6 seniors on the roster that brings back its top 8 scorers from last season, there is nothing to be ashamed of.  This of course assumes the effort is there. 

It helps to have a realistic expectation for a game like that. Yet you're projecting that someone with such a mindset is ok with mediocrity or just being average when that couldn't be further from the truth.  One does not equate to the other.

And while it's great you love MU hoops so much a healthy perspective on the outcomes isn't your strong suit, in my opinion.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:58 PM »
MU by 45 tomorrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »
muguru

I thin you are spot on but fighting a losing battle on here. This board is dominated by 3-5 posters and their message is not to be challenged.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
By the way, Wichita St. came back to win comfortably.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2017, 08:20:13 PM »
Every time I read one of your posts I picture you slamming the keys with smoke coming out of your ears. You’re a tad high strung. Chill the unnatural carnal knowledge out
No Finish Line

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2017, 08:26:22 PM »

And that's saying something

tower912

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »
On paper, Wichita is a potential final 4 team.  Marquette is a potential bubble team.  They return their top 8 scorers.  MU returns 5 scholarship players.  This is very likely going to be Purdue  redux.  You will be much better served if you realize they are a better team, accept that a loss is likely, and spend the game watching for positives, improvement, and growth.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:49:50 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
This is just wrong. RPI is about the same whether we lose to Wichita or beat Cal, but the SOS impact is 10+ spots. Better to lose to Wichita than beat Cal.

But I've been saying this for months, so at this point anyone arguing otherwise is ignorant of math.

Do you realize that RPI already incorporates SOS?

If the RPI is about the same, then mathematically speaking, an addition win has about the same impact as your beloved SOS. 

If a stronger SOS is worth +10 spots, the extra loss is worth -10.  RPI is about the same.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:20 PM »
Do you realize that RPI already incorporates SOS?

If the RPI is about the same, then mathematically speaking, an addition win has about the same impact as your beloved SOS. 

If a stronger SOS is worth +10 spots, the extra loss is worth -10.  RPI is about the same.

This is just wrong. The reason the impact of a win and loss are negligible is because of the SOS difference.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback