Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Herro go again  (Read 49555 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Herro go again
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
There really is no reason for a D1 athlete (current or prospective) to read message boards.  What good can come from it?  But I can admit I'd see that it'd be hard to avoid.

It's like a professor looking at ratemyprofessor.  It is best to just never read it, but if you do read it, you have to know that there are a lot of irrational crazies out there, and take what you can as constructive criticism, and ignore the lunatics.

Buffalo Gap

• Walk-On
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
I think it was Desroisers......not sure what was said but his mom apparently took offense and pulled the plug.

It was Carson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »
Thanks.   I couldn't remember who (a result of aging, probably), but I knew that Ganzer (IWB) swore up and down that the content of a MU message board torpedoed a possible recruit.    And while it is true that parents of prospective recruits SHOULDN"T hang around on message boards (for the sake of their own sanity), we all know that simply isn't true.    Have we so soon forgotten the family member of John Dawson?  (no, not NERS, the other one)
   Right now, Wisconsin fans are in meltdown.    Famous UW Basketball alumni are staying stupid crap.  Let them be an example to us about what NOT to do.   
    Our poop stinks.    We will lose out on recruits.    There will be transfers. (every year for how many now?)  There will be academic issues.   Young men will behave irresponsibly.   Coaches leave.   Accept all of these things as inevitable, irrefutable, unavoidable truths.
And for the love of all that is holy, try not to be as dumb as bucky fans when things go astray.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »
I used to work for a guy that got his degree from Whitewater.  In his bio, he always stated that he earned his degree from the "University of Wisconsin".  Period.
I'm sure he's not the only one.
Too bad he's that insecure.  Being your boss you'd think he'd just rub it in a bit.  I always gave my friends from MU crap about what they were paying for their education...and they would remind me of the average ACT score at Whitewater.  I have a PhD from MU...regularly am around others who have then from Ivy league schools...don't feel one bit bad about my academic background. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »
Too bad he's that insecure.  Being your boss you'd think he'd just rub it in a bit.  I always gave my friends from MU crap about what they were paying for their education...and they would remind me of the average ACT score at Whitewater.  I have a PhD from MU...regularly am around others who have then from Ivy league schools...don't feel one bit bad about my academic background.

Nor should you, that is quite impressive.

I think the disconnect is when fans of UW program claim that players "can't get into UW"... when they know nothing about the process.  I live in the Madison area and its the same circle jerk every time someone spurns UW for a different program.  They make excuses, belittle, and berate the kid.  You can see evidence of this behavior below.

http://thespun.com/national/wisconsin-fans-chanting-intelligence-related-insults-at-marylands-diamond-stone

Now, that being said, when the MU student section chants REALLY stupid things like, "PUBLIC SCHOOL, PUBLIC SCHOOL" at the Badgers, I die a little inside.  Its so cringe-worthy to make fun of a school and program that is measurably on par or better than yours... Like, was that supposed to be an insult?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2017, 05:56:16 PM »
Nor should you, that is quite impressive.

I think the disconnect is when fans of UW program claim that players "can't get into UW"... when they know nothing about the process.  I live in the Madison area and its the same circle jerk every time someone spurns UW for a different program.  They make excuses, belittle, and berate the kid.  You can see evidence of this behavior below.

http://thespun.com/national/wisconsin-fans-chanting-intelligence-related-insults-at-marylands-diamond-stone

Now, that being said, when the MU student section chants REALLY stupid things like, "PUBLIC SCHOOL, PUBLIC SCHOOL" at the Badgers, I die a little inside.  Its so cringe-worthy to make fun of a school and program that is measurably on par or better than yours... Like, was that supposed to be an insult?

When have we changed public school? Certainly not in 11 12 or 13. But I agree that’d be cringeworthy
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »
When have we changed public school? Certainly not in 11 12 or 13. But I agree that’d be cringeworthy

I am much older than you.  :P

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »
I Apologize for being late to the table but when someone disses Whitewater alum I need to weigh in.  I have 2 degrees from UWW and have been a season ticket holder since 1975.   I’m a MU fan, attended every Big East Tourney in NYC and believe that MU is a gem for MKE and the best game in town.  I’m proud to be both a MU fN and a grad from UWW.  Please don’t automatically link me with the Badgers and don’t shun my support!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
I Apologize for being late to the table but when someone disses Whitewater alum I need to weigh in.  I have 2 degrees from UWW and have been a season ticket holder since 1975.   I’m a MU fan, attended every Big East Tourney in NYC and believe that MU is a gem for MKE and the best game in town.  I’m proud to be both a MU fN and a grad from UWW.  Please don’t automatically link me with the Badgers and don’t shun my support!

Shun your support? Not a chance, Warrior!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »
Just to be clear on Carson, the chatter on here was about the alleged assaults and a team out of control.  And other dysfunction which is why his mom didn’t want him here.  In fact, there were many elements of truth and then Buzz bailed.  Scoop wasn’t far off.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
There are two types of UW fans.

Group A, the season ticket holders for basketball, respect the hell out of Marquette.  They saw Bo's limitations, they miss the "old" Big Ten (without Nebraska, Rutgers, Penn State and even Maryland, because they got to play everybody twice). I heard from two different people that they showed the end of the Nova game at the Kohl Center during a timeout and people loudly cheered. A lot of these people grew up in the 70s and MU is their second favorite team.

Group B, is everyone else. These are people that "watch" basketball from January to March, after football season. They base their opinion off of one Marquette game that they watch 10 minutes of.  They assume all Marquette players are "thugs" based off of haircuts of the 10 minutes that they watch.  This group thinks Wisconsin and the Big 10 are the best at everything. They are fed by media members, like Tom Oates. Unfortunately, most fans are in Group B and those of us in Wisconsin work/ see Group B daily.

I legitimately know no one my age (45) or younger in Western Wisconsin in Group A. If I did, I wouldn't dislike them so much.
GO WARRIORS!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »
One thing that's really funny on this is the Anonymous Eagle has been trolling the Badger fans and even baited Kaminsky into looking like an ass again. The sad part it wasn't like a Benny B type troll, it was just a matter of putting facts out there and people are pissed.

Irony is it drove page views to the point that AE got the most views in its history.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »
They just got a commitment last week from Joe Hedstrom, an unranked center out of MN who was offered by Utah, Boise State, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Cleveland State, Columbia, Denver, and Loyola Marymount.  Impressive.

Where was Happ ranked out of HS?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2017, 01:06:29 PM »
Where was Happ ranked out of HS?

Depending on the site, highest I can find is 123 and lowest is 175.  Certainly higher than unranked.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »
One thing that's really funny on this is the Anonymous Eagle has been trolling the Badger fans and even baited Kaminsky into looking like an ass again. The sad part it wasn't like a Benny B type troll, it was just a matter of putting facts out there and people are pissed.

Irony is it drove page views to the point that AE got the most views in its history.

Can you incl the link for it???  Thnx   8-)

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2017, 01:07:07 PM »
I remember running over to Cudahy Hall in 1997 and logging on to a VAX machine and torching LeDaryl when he de-committed.

Yeah, that one hurt, he was going to be the Mr. Inside to go with Mr. Outside, Brain Wardle.  The truth is LeDaryl's stepdad queered that one by pushing him too hard toward Marquette.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
Isn’t this true? I mean I get that the nit was a bigger deal and non white players couldn’t play but without sounding wayyy too intense how would you counter that?

That team wore knee pads.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »

There is a joke to be made here, but hell if I can figure it out
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
Can you incl the link for it???  Thnx   8-)

Follow @anonymouseagle on twitter.

One of the articles that #Charmin Frank responded to https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2017/10/19/16502328/frank-kaminsky-tyler-herro-twitter-charlotte-hornets-detroit-pistons-soft

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »

Jeeze no 35 looks like he’s 40
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
Don't forget WWII going on, diluting the talent available to compete.

US was still out of the war and technically neutral at the time.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »

One of the articles that #Charmin Frank responded to https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2017/10/19/16502328/frank-kaminsky-tyler-herro-twitter-charlotte-hornets-detroit-pistons-soft

The best thing is, they didn't even @ Frank. He was probably actively patrolling twitter looking for someone to argue with.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2017, 01:51:06 PM »
Depending on the site, highest I can find is 123 and lowest is 175.  Certainly higher than unranked.

He was not ranked on Scout, national composite rank per 247 was 175.  Is even the 123 ranking indicative of the player he is now?  How similar was Kaminsky?

My bigger point, point out low rankings of Wisconsin big man recruits as a sign of their impending doom at your own peril.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:57:00 PM by 4everCrean »

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »

Either Frank got shorter or Henry can really jump now.  He looks about 7 inches above Frank in the pic
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
He was not ranked on Scout, national composite rank per 247 was 175.  Is even the 123 ranking indicative of the player he is now?  How similar was Kaminsky?

My bigger point, point out low rankings of Wisconsin big man recruits as a sign of their impending doom at your own peril.

I'll take my chances with UW sitting at 0 committed 2018 players and a walk on offer spot to Hedstrom over the Badgers having kept Herro committed, convinced Joey to join him, and given Hedstrom the same walk on spot he has with 2 open scholarships sitting there to still be used.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter