'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Herro go again  (Read 49560 times)

Skitch

• All American
Re: Herro go again
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2017, 10:59:34 AM »
I've never understood the idea that some seem to have on here that if you didn't attend a school you're to be looked down on as a fake fan. I wish every kid that loves basketball in Milwaukee would be a Marquette fan.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
I've never understood the idea that some seem to have on here that if you didn't attend a school you're to be looked down on as a fake fan. I wish every kid that loves basketball in Milwaukee would be a Marquette fan.

I don't view it as a fake fan. I just think it's a little ironic when a UW-extension alum takes shots at MU's academics. Especially the comments like, "He only went to MU so he didn't have to go to class."
 I always got a kick out of alums from those schools that would talk during Buzz's time about the off the court problems. Hearing them talk down about the Apartment 720 incident and things like that, but act like UW players never stepped a toe out of line was always the worst. Granted, some things did need to get cleaned up under Buzz.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2017, 11:31:55 AM »
I don't view it as a fake fan. I just think it's a little ironic when a UW-extension alum takes shots at MU's academics. Especially the comments like, "He only went to MU so he didn't have to go to class."

That's exactly it.

The other thing that drives me nuts is the "have ta root for da state's teams" people that then go rip on MU.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
I went to UW-O but have been a big Marquette fan since I went to a game as a 10 year old (and dozens thereafter).  Whenever I wear MU apparel, people always assume that I am a Marquette graduate.  It gets kind of annoying to have to explain that I am just a fan of the bball team.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
I personally have no problem with people being fans of schools did not graduate from.  I grew up in MN and am a Gopher fan for most of their major sports (certainly not as passionate as I am for MU hoops, but fan nonetheless). My issues are when one of these fans attack another program and act all high and mighty like "my program would never do this", it gets a little annoying. The example of a UW-whatever grad always blaming players going elsewhere due to academics is perfect.  As if they even know.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
I don't care where they went to school. I hate Badgers because they are Badgers. Isn't that how a rivalry works?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2017, 12:02:47 PM »
I agree with this as well.  I know ALOT of aquaintances, family and friends who all attended MU that know very little about, and have little interest in MUBB.  In fact, other than this board, some of the biggest fans that I know are not MU alums. 

I cant help but think that the Bob Dukiet years had something to do with that age bracket's lack of interest--at least in my family.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
I'll actually be on Madison's campus this evening.  I will keep an eye out for basketball players walking around with backpacks overstuffed with Astrophysics textbooks while dribbling a basketball with one hand and helping old ladies cross the street with the other arm.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
Auburn’s in Alabama? Huh things make more sense now

Also, UAB, South Alabama, and Troy University all would quibble with the Alabama example too.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
Kaminisky lightin' it up on Twitter.  He really isn't helping his cause here...

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »

Never tweet.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »
Between him Dekkar and Jordan Taylor there are some really hateable badgers out there
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »

Lol. That is some funny stuff. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »
You would think he would have better things to do. You know, like find a way to not go 1-9 against Ellenson, who isn't exactly a defensive stopper...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
Between him Dekkar and Jordan Taylor there are some really hateable badgers out there

Showalter chimed in too.  He's another dick.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2017, 03:19:21 PM »
Showalter chimed in too.  He's another dick.

Frank, Gasser, and Duje Dukan were always my least favorite.

I didn't actually mind Dekker until this past year because he usually kept his mouth shut. But alas, things change.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
Are they really getting in a twitter spat with Nobal Days dad?     Dumb.    A few years ago, according to Ganzer, MU lost out on a recruit because of message board chatter.    If Wiscy doesn't even get a sniff from Days thanks to a paternal veto because of this, will they accept at least partial responsibility?     Probably not part of the 'Wisconsin way' that they learned from Bo.      Which apparently is lying and tearing down anybody who goes elsewhere.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
Are they really getting in a twitter spat with Nobal Days dad?     Dumb.    A few years ago, according to Ganzer, MU lost out on a recruit because of message board chatter.    If Wiscy doesn't even get a sniff from Days thanks to a paternal veto because of this, will they accept at least partial responsibility?     Probably not part of the 'Wisconsin way' that they learned from Bo.      Which apparently is lying and tearing down anybody who goes elsewhere.   

Who is the recruit that MU lost out on because of message board chatter?

And what's the Twatter spat with Nobal Day's dad?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »

Oh man, I definitely need the link and a bowl of popcorn.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »

MUpugnacity

• Walk-On
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

Austin Grandstaff

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:18 PM »

I don't know if this is who Tower is referring to, but I remember a rumor that we lost out on Carson Desrosiers because of people talking poorly about him on message boards. Ended up being a solid backup center at Wake Forest before transferring to Providence where he was a decent defensive center.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »

And what's the Twatter spat with Nobal Day's dad?

Google Al Days Twitter.  @AlleyD1766.

Its actually pretty harmless.  No one really attacks Al Days, just a couple guys saying its bush league to decommit a month before signing day.  Most are fairly positive.  The twitter responses to Herro himself were much better. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2017, 03:53:45 PM »
I don't know if this is who Tower is referring to, but I remember a rumor that we lost out on Carson Desrosiers because of people talking poorly about him on message boards. Ended up being a solid backup center at Wake Forest before transferring to Providence where he was a decent defensive center.

There really is no reason for a D1 athlete (current or prospective) to read message boards.  What good can come from it?  But I can admit I'd see that it'd be hard to avoid. 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »

I think it was Desroisers......not sure what was said but his mom apparently took offense and pulled the plug.

feedback