[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:41:23 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dekker  (Read 22749 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Dekker
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »
Core players
Typically starters and/or minutes leaders and/or statistical leaders.

Rotation players
Consistently get double digit minutes; sometimes defacto starters.

End of bench
Sparsely get meaningful minutes.

There can also be high level and low level subdivisions in these groups.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:23:01 AM by Lazar's Headband »

onepost

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
Is this the most Scoop in the summer thread or the mostest Scoop in the summer thread?

Yes, yes it is.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2017, 10:52:14 AM »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »
Here's the huge problem with TAMU's fib -- he used it to try & make an argument.

The reality is that not only was SC not an immediate starter, but he only got to start because of a rare, bizarre circumstance. Lucca Staiger had started all games... then in early January he quit school & went overseas to play professionally.

That gave SC the opportunity.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2017, 11:49:09 AM »
You know this all your fault Eng. We haven't had the meme tournament to distract us this summer

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »
MUBB Nation is a student I believe and I am sure they post here. Started innocent enough but reading all of Sam's tweets he wasn't saying anything to rile anyone up...Just eventually turned into UW fans vs MU fans and then the Oates thing set people off even further.

It is what it is...The UW fan base would like to think there is no rivalry. They think that recency trumps program history. MU has a better history UW has been better the last 5-10 years. 66-56 overall....67-56 after this year. All I care about is what happens on the floor.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2017, 12:13:19 PM »
Here's the huge problem with TAMU's fib -- he used it to try & make an argument.

The reality is that not only was SC not an immediate starter, but he only got to start because of a rare, bizarre circumstance. Lucca Staiger had started all games... then in early January he quit school & went overseas to play professionally.

That gave SC the opportunity.

I actually didn't know that about Staiger, thanks for the context. But even with Staiger there, SC was in the top 5 players for minutes played. When Staiger was there SC averaged 21.4 minutes per game, more than Justin Hamilton, the guy who got to take the opening tip.

But again, I've already explained what I meant by immediate starter and you agreed that my actual argument was correct. SC was a nice player who Buzz decided didn't match our play style.

Random side note, I didn't realize that despite being a sub .500 team, that 09-10 Iowa State roster featured three guys (Craig Brackins, Diante Garrett, and Justin Hamilton) who all got cups of coffee in the NBA. Brackins was even a first round pick!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Random side note, I didn't realize that despite being a sub .500 team, that 09-10 Iowa State roster featured three guys (Craig Brackins, Diante Garrett, and Justin Hamilton) who all got cups of coffee in the NBA. Brackins was even a first round pick!

Yep, they lost a ton bc of SC playing too much  ;D
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »
MUBB Nation is a student I believe and I am sure they post here. Started innocent enough but reading all of Sam's tweets he wasn't saying anything to rile anyone up...Just eventually turned into UW fans vs MU fans and then the Oates thing set people off even further.

It is what it is...The UW fan base would like to think there is no rivalry. They think that recency trumps program history. MU has a better history UW has been better the last 5-10 years. 66-56 overall....67-56 after this year. All I care about is what happens on the floor.

It's two current students that run an account as a superfan account of sorts. They retweet and comment a lot on the Anonymous Eagle, Paint Touches, and Cracked Sidewalks content.

Basically, they started tweak Sam back, Oates dropped an assine twitter bomb and everyone went hyperbolic....so you know normal social media.

The funniest outcome of all this to me is all the Badger fans who claim to not care getting all bent out of shape because Marquette fans do care.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:13 AM »
Sorry Dekker couldn't get in his dream school and had to settle for Madison.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
Yep, they lost a ton bc of SC playing too much  ;D

Ha! Solidly played
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
How's the storm treating you and family?
Yo, chili my man. Thankfully I'm on the south side and hurricane past north, mountain range in the middle helps protect the area and it past further north than expected. Only two tiny islands that are part of PR got spanked good. We are without electrical power or internet probably for a couple of days. Otherwise all ok. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
Yo, chili my man. Thankfully I'm on the south side and hurricane past north, mountain range in the middle helps protect the area and it past further north than expected. Only two tiny islands that are part of PR got spanked good. We are without electrical power or internet probably for a couple of days. Otherwise all ok. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.

Great to hear!

I used to have to visit one of our manufacturing plants in the mountains in Aibonito.  You would drive up this road big enough for two vehicles and hope a tractor trailer wasn't on it's way down.  Everyone avoided drives at night down the road. 
There was an overlook I remember visiting that was supposedly the only spot in PR where you could see the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »

Glad to hear you and family are good.   Great sign you are on Scoop!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »
Glad to hear you and family are good.   Great sign you are on Scoop!
My iphone using my provider ATT but no wifi/internet only through phones 80% is of the island is off the electrical grid now. Got a steak going in the barbe and a bottle of red vino

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »
Great to hear!

I used to have to visit one of our manufacturing plants in the mountains in Aibonito.  You would drive up this road big enough for two vehicles and hope a tractor trailer wasn't on it's way down.  Everyone avoided drives at night down the road. 
There was an overlook I remember visiting that was supposedly the only spot in PR where you could see the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
Which plant did you have to go? Use to travel all those small country roads in the mountains to go to projects.Those mountains have saved the southern part of the island from a lot of storms

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »
My iphone using my provider ATT but no wifi/internet only through phones 80% is of the island is off the electrical grid now. Got a steak going in the barbe and a bottle of red vino

I'd expect nothing less from you.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
Which plant did you have to go? Use to travel all those small country roads in the mountains to go to projects.Those mountains have saved the southern part of the island from a lot of storms

Harvey Hubbell Caribe, Inc.  (Had a Bryant Electric sign in front before that.)   It closed probably 8-10 years ago.
Hubbell's main plant is in Vega Baja.  That is still open.  I used to like visiting there.  They put us in a house with a pool in a gated community on the beach in Dorado.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
Harvey Hubbell Caribe, Inc.  (Had a Bryant Electric sign in front before that.)   It closed probably 8-10 years ago.
Hubbell's main plant is in Vega Baja.  That is still open.  I used to like visiting there.  They put us in a house with a pool in a gated community on the beach in Dorado.
You know Jordan had a 2 million 2nd home in that adea at Dorado Beach? He would cone to pkay golf for the weekend. You're a high roller 8-)  :D

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »

Glad you are OK.

Culebra and Vieques are the islands you refer to?  Bad news there?
Ludum habemus.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2017, 08:43:35 PM »
Glad you are OK.

Culebra and Vieques are the islands you refer to?  Bad news there?
Yep the eye passed within 10-20 miles lots of houses damaged. No deaths

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:01 PM »
Yep the eye passed within 10-20 miles lots of houses damaged. No deaths

You got power, or living off vino rojo and your BBQ grill?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »

You got power, or living off vino rojo and your BBQ grill?
This yes
1 million houses no electricity internet is going to take a while. Been 36 hours now.

feedback